Alternative Fuel In Chiang Mai

Blinky Bill

Just having a bit of a funny thought (which I occasionally do after a bottle or 2 of red).

Having read an interesting article about cow and sheep farts are causing global warming....see it here, I am sure there must be a way to capture and put this gas to good use. I thought with all the old farts in Chiang Mai we could do some good to help alleviate the current world fuel crisis.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Just having a bit of a funny thought (which I occasionally do after a bottle or 2 of red).

Having read an interesting article about cow and sheep farts are causing global warming....see it here, I am sure there must be a way to capture and put this gas to good use. I thought with all the old farts in Chiang Mai we could do some good to help alleviate the current world fuel crisis.

Braaapphhhh! (or sounds to that effect!). What BB has found is NOT an "urban myth." Maybe I should say "rural myth." The problem is particularly intense in South Asia. Cows are phenomenal fart machines. We are talking serious global warming here!

If such emissions could be harnessed, we'd be well on the way to solving the current energy crisis and any in the future. Actually, there are village level methane generators that are rigged up to provide electrical energy. All you have to do is load up the tank with manure. Water buffalo manure will do, too. Now, if we could only harness the energy of local loudmouths at golf clubs and restaurants!!

Edited by Mapguy