Background Check

Hi

I am applying for a job where I have been told that since I lived in Thailand for a significant time I need to prove I have had no convictions, etc. How would I go about applying for such a thing - also how much is it likely to cost and would it be in Thai, which I would then need to translate.

Cheers for any advice

Grant

Hi Dan Sai, long time no see.

I will relate the process the wife went through.

Firstly she had a UK Records check done and they gave an address in Thailand ( she is unable to remember the address now) for her to apply to for a check to be done.

However they replied saying they could not comply because they needed her finger prints to be taken, so it was returned.

I hope someone has a better answer for you.

Good Luck

Moss

You wonder why they need the fingerprints if you don't have a record...

Some people are perhaps not totally honest and may give false pars. Consequently, they don't check only a name against a database, but the fingerprints, too. No match means no record.

Scouse.

It really is easy and free!!, I have just done it, it takes about 15 days for your clearance certificate to come through, saying you are a fine upstanding person.

Go to the main Police Station by Siam Sq in Bangkok, and ask for building 15 I think, its the foreign fingerprints bit anyway, they take your piccy and your fingerprints and if you want to collect it in 15 days u can, or pay 40 Baht for it to be posted to you.

The paperwork is all in English and everyone in the unit is incredibly polite and they speak in English to you!!!

Sky Train to Siam Square and you truly cannot miss the police station, it covers a huge a rea

Any idea how much it costs to get fingerprints from a ik police station - is this something the police do often. Also, how long would a background check like this take?

Cheers

Grant