Bangkok Watch Shop

onomataho

Does anyone know of a good watch shop in Bangkok with a competent watchmaker who can clean an antique 1950 Omega self-winding watch? I brought it over from America as a present for my teerak and it steamed up a bit in the humid climate here. I'd like to have it serviced.

They do not have to speak English. I just need an address or location, and/or phone number.

I took my 1961 Omega constellation automatic to the watch stand near the food court in the Mall Bang Kapi. It took 10 days and they fully serviced it and replaced the thread on the self winder whiich had worn out. The job they did was excellent and it cost just over 3000 baht

Like Heng I took mine to Omega at Gaysorn, but they suggested taking it to the Omega store at Siam Paragon as that store has a full time technician in the store. having said that - still took them about 10 days to complete everything and service the watch. Cost was about 6,500b from memory and its worked perfectly ever since.

Two independent watch service/repair shops I have come across. Don't know about the quality of their service; only had battery change done.

1. Robinson Dept Store at Asok/Sukhumvit, ground floor, there's a guy in a cubbyhole at the back behind the watch counters.

2. At Nana Square building on corner of Sukhumvit Soi 3, there's a watch repair shop, but I forget if it's on ground floor or one floor up.