Super Mao At Freedom Bar

huggybear

So I was shooting pool with some friends at Freedom Bar in Rawai last night, not really a place I frequent that often but it was Saturday and quiet in the area.

At the bar was a couple, the girl used to be a working girl Marina Bar, the man, a grey haired 60ish Finnish or Norwegian. Passing out, I mean these people had either drunk themselves completely into oblivion or they were on horse. The staff had to carry them into some lounge chairs and then later I saw Charlie's boy giving the girl the heave ho (no pun intended).

The man had disappeared, the lady made it to the street before falling, skinning her knee and crawling onto some cement furniture. As I recognized the lady from Marina I bought some water, cleaned up her knee, made her drink some, splashed some on her face.

Did anyone see her leave? I had nightmares of her falling into the road and getting run over. Anybody know these people? They need help.

Edited by huggybear

So I was shooting pool with some friends at Freedom Bar in Rawai last night, not really a place I frequent that often but it was Saturday and quiet in the area.

At the bar was a couple, the girl used to be a working girl Marina Bar, the man, a grey haired 60ish Finnish or Norwegian. Passing out, I mean these people had either drunk themselves completely into oblivion or they were on horse. The staff had to carry them into some lounge chairs and then later I saw Charlie's boy giving the girl the heave ho (no pun intended).

The man had disappeared, the lady made it to the street before falling, skinning her knee and crawling onto some cement furniture. As I recognized the lady from Marina I bought some water, cleaned up her knee, made her drink some, splashed some on her face.

Did anyone see her leave? I had nightmares of her falling into the road and getting run over. Anybody know these people? They need help.

Not that quiet in the area - we were in the Sunshine Bar (very busy - lots of resident expats) and Nikita's looked busy too. Not surprised Freedom bar not busy - bit of a lowlife bar.

And there I was thinking I was going to read an article on a hundred or so soldiers from the PLA on a quiet night out

Not that exciting.

If you knew the area then you would understand ( apparently )((according to a previous post)) that your choice of drinking establishment denotes your social standing/ status.

Choppy

And some people look down on Patong! At least if someone passes out on Bangla there's always garbage truck doing pickups at 1 am.

O.K., thanks anyway everybody. I had a feeling the thread might turn into a Freedom bashing, or patron bashing scenario, really I'm just hoping those people are o.k.

I'll ask her friend at The Purple Haze Bar which by the way (I am not affiliated in any way) is doing rennovation and due to re-open Thursday evening. I'd say that is now the best music venue in Rawai.

Cheers,HB

Although I will never judge a bar by it`s clients,after ending up shortchanged on my 3 first visits at the Freedom Bar in the autumn of 2006,I never set foot in that place again even if I used to live close to it :o !!

I do like the Rawai/Nai Harn bars,especially in high season when the Patong scene is to hectic and transport to/from Rawai is difficult.

Although I will never judge a bar by it`s clients,after ending up shortchanged on my 3 first visits at the Freedom Bar in the autumn of 2006,I never set foot in that place again even if I used to live close to it :o !!

I do like the Rawai/Nai Harn bars,especially in high season when the Patong scene is to hectic and transport to/from Rawai is difficult.

NICE AVATAR....