Thai Messages On My Phone - What Are They?

Familyonthemove

Recently moved to Bangkok from Bombay ... and every time I look at my phone there's a new message in Thai on the screen. It's not an SMS or email, it appears as if by magic over the home screen. I've asked various locals to translate, and the messages seem to be short saying about happiness, life and so on?? The messages are most frequent when I'm in the main shopping areas .... is it some of sort of push message via the network?

The local Thai I've asked about the messages smile then look at me like I'm a loony, I suspect the answer is so obvious they don't understand the question?

Any clues?

There is something called a 'flash' message which can be sent via sms which appears directly on the screen without needing to read it first.

Also as it occours in the same area it could be a bluetooth (obex) style message - do you have bluetooth turned on ?

There is something called a 'flash' message which can be sent via sms which appears directly on the screen without needing to read it first.

Also as it occours in the same area it could be a bluetooth (obex) style message - do you have bluetooth turned on ?

Thanks ..... must be flash messages as I don't have Bluetooth switched on.

I have a dual SIM phone, so with the Indian spam SMS's, the Thai spam SMS's and now the flash messages, the poor phone is kept busy!

Thanks ..... must be flash messages as I don't have Bluetooth switched on.

I have a dual SIM phone, so with the Indian spam SMS's, the Thai spam SMS's and now the flash messages, the poor phone is kept busy!

Call your Thai mobile service provider and request that they shut off all Thai language SMS messages, worked for me.

if you use AIS -GSM-12CALL you can go to the Applications menu in your mobile; and you will see there is a simcard icon with the name AIS Service click on it ; ""mLIVE" will appear ;click on it too then a ""Activation"" word will appear with ""yes or no ""options ;you choose ''NO'' and all these info-spam messages will end up. :o

if you use AIS -GSM-12CALL you can go to the Applications menu in your mobile; and you will see there is a simcard icon with the name AIS Service click on it ; ""mLIVE" will appear ;click on it too then a ""Activation"" word will appear with ""yes or no ""options ;you choose ''NO'' and all these info-spam messages will end up. :o

Brilliant! It now says "mLive off" and they've stopped. :D

- Is there a similar sequence to turn off the Bangkok Traffic Police?

if you use AIS -GSM-12CALL you can go to the Applications menu in your mobile; and you will see there is a simcard icon with the name AIS Service click on it ; ""mLIVE" will appear ;click on it too then a ""Activation"" word will appear with ""yes or no ""options ;you choose ''NO'' and all these info-spam messages will end up. :D

Brilliant! It now says "mLive off" and they've stopped. :(

- Is there a similar sequence to turn off the Bangkok Traffic Police?

you are most welcomed! :D I guess; am always brilliant in turning off those kind of BS :D

Only if you are a traffic-stopper ""young and gorgeous chick"' :D ; those guys will surly stop to stare at you! :o

Wow, good advice! :D

Wow, good advice! :D

Thanks;you are welcomed too :D

• 1 month later...

Excellent, works a treat, thanks, I've just got a new Nokia 3110 Classic to use with my laptop. I have worked in the communications industry for over 15 years and the Nokia 3110 has to be one of the best phones yet for the price, 3900 Baht and it has everything except wifi, and I've got wifi on my laptop so that'll do me.

Thanks for the info