Condo Purchase And Visa Class

Yes, you can buy whatever your visa status, as far as I know. As long as you have the cash. Ownership of course affords no visa or residency benefits.

Not exactly. A condo in a foreigner's name must be paid cash transferred from an outside country, hard currency. No Russian rubbles.

Even if there is a co-owner who is a Thai national. Any deposit paid is refundable but the entire amount must come afresh, from overseas.

Regardless of what anyone else tells you there are only three things you need to buy a condo in Thailand.

A copy of your passport.

The funds to buy the condo.

A letter from a Thai bank stating the funds where transfered into the country from another country.

From what I read on this forum about opening a local bank account, it appears that without a work permit, that's becoming very difficult. If so, if you only came here on a tourist visa or on visa exempt entry, not having a local bank account makes purchasing and holding a condo logistically difficult, though it can be done.

In addition to the 3 items that one needs to purchase a condo here, there are a couple of minor things also needed -- a willing seller and a condo building where you can fit inside the 49% foreign ownership limit.

Concerning Bank accounts, I was at Asia Bank which became UOB. I have three accounts there and they propose me regularly investments opportunities (no so good). I got all that at the beginning with a simple 30 days visa on arrival (about 5 years ago). I do many transsactions via cyberbanking. And things have not change at all. They accept foreigners quite easily tday, like everywhere else in bank system all over the world, if you have some money, doors are fully opened.

I bought my firtst condo in CM when I had only a 30 days on arrival visa. And I was not there at the landoffice ; I was in France. It is a Dutch friend and my lawyer who represents me at that time and gave me back all the papers (chanote…) and keys when I came back to Thailand on an 30 days on arrival visa again some months later.