Consecutive Re-entries, After Visas Expire

hey,

was wondering, if i really like, say, Laos, then am i able to re-enter the country a second time, on a second visa, after my first visa expires ? eg, i go there on a 30day, extend to 60, then go to Vietnam, can i then obtain another visa for Laos and re-enter a month latter?

do all countries in the SEA region act the same way in this regard? (i know both Thailand and Malaysia have no 'real' issue regarding you re-entering multiple times, but how about indochina countries?

many thanks.

I cannot say about Laos or Vietnam, but Cambodia does not seem to mind lots of entries as a tourist. You get the one month visa at the border and then enter.

Thailand is tightening up and will not allow multiple tourist visa's in short succession,

if they think you are using this a way to "live" in the country

without the proper paperwork.

Malaysia has also been operating the same procedure for several years.

If the country has a good computer system to track Immigration then it becomes an easy matter

to track the border hoppers and put and end to the practice,

if they have a mind to.

yep, and more automation is on its way isnt it? i think i heard some people talking about needing to replace their passports in the US so they had barcodes or the like...for easy sheep processing i assume?

thanks for your thoughts on cambodia.

id be sad to find i can only spend upto a couple of months in laos if im getting down there. i assume they allow visitors to come back every year fopr a couple of months, but within a year, id be curious to know. same for vietnam. other people have some experience with these countries?