Nearly Poisoned At Carrefour Tonight

wheo

Against better advice I went shopping tonight at Carrefour ... looked at the chickens on display which were neither cold nor hot. The chicken was warm ... room temp. I called a Thai friend and put on speakerphone so the butcher could be interrogated as to the age of the aforementioned chicken.

The meat slayer smiled a toothy smile and grinned from ear to ear when he told my phone that the chickens have been lounging since 3 in the afternoon ... the only problem (not the only problem) was that it was 7 hour later when the question was asked.

How do they get away with this?

:o Are you serious?

Because there is no such thing as food safety regulation and enforcement.(Not that it stops some retailers in the west from repackaging expired food.)

The difference with your carrefour experience was at least the chicken king was honest. You asked. He told the truth. That's actually a pretty good experience.

What you ingest should be clean and healthy ... putting filth into your mouth should at all times be avoided. I will say that Carrefour is taking better care of their trolleys as I did not have to use so many antibacterial wipes ... I have to use too many at Tesco. While a good purge is good for you it should not be after eating old chicken.

Against better advice I went shopping tonight at Carrefour ... looked at the chickens on display which were neither cold nor hot. The chicken was warm ... room temp. I called a Thai friend and put on speakerphone so the butcher could be interrogated as to the age of the aforementioned chicken.

The meat slayer smiled a toothy smile and grinned from ear to ear when he told my phone that the chickens have been lounging since 3 in the afternoon ... the only problem (not the only problem) was that it was 7 hour later when the question was asked.

not forget you are a guest in this country

I have never been food poisoned in Thailand , Im very surprised about this.

In my home country I was poisoned 2 times , in good restaurants too.

I eat cheap tasty 40 baht dinners, no problems. Just avoid the salad.

I too am more than surprised by your inability to become food poisoned ... I thought only my dog was incapable of catching. I can now tell him that he has company of the human variety.

If you wish to go further out on your limb and claim that you have never had the "squirts" after eating something of questionable origin then I shall elevate you to superhuman status.

Cover it in loads of chilli and ginger, eat it really quick then blame the spice when you have the 'ring of fire' experience.

Have you noticed how very unwell those ducks look in the little glass booths with the 20 watt light bulb trying to cook them ?

Everytime I used to visit Thailand I'd get the Tong Sia and be sitting on the John for a chunk of my holiday. Strangely after moving here I haven't gotten it once. I also have noticed food tastes way less spicy. I don't know if I mutated into a Thai person or what. Maybe I should tell them this at immigration and request an extension of stay based on my tolerance for Thai food.

Stop your moaning you "W-anchor" and get a life.This is so obviously a wind-up it hits me like a wet fish in the face :D:D

Obviously someone who is bored and hasn't got a lot to fill one's day with rewarding tasks.............

Please listen to the cows and give the chicken another try :o

post-59181-1216584259_thumb.jpg

Just avoid the salad.

Au contraire mon ami, salads are one of the joys of living as a human. I bought some delightful balsamic vinegar at Foodland last week and mix it with some spices, freshly chopped herbs and Bertollini Olive oil for a sumptous salad dressing. I bring it with me when I go out.

I don't much trust the salad dressings here.

Although I like Carrefour for many I things, I refuse to but cooked meats or frozen food from there. Frozen food should be kept at below -18C when stored in a freezer, the last time I was in Carrefour I looked at the little digital temperature displays on all of their freezers and only 1 was below the required temperature, one was even actually 6C and the food inside was already thawed, while the food in many other of their freezers was soft to the touch.

In my home country I was poisoned 2 times , in good restaurants too.

I eat cheap tasty 40 baht dinners, no problems. Just avoid the salad.

Why avoid salad?

Weho?? Aren't you the person who has been "missing" for a while. If so, were you banned? If so, do tell us what your misdemeanour was.

And how come this thread gets 5 stars already!!!!???

Edited by Tammi

Don't eat the salad: This may be due to the fact that many of the vegis are not properly cleaned and washed before serving.

If they are cleaned correctly, then there is no problem eating the salad and vegis.

Edited by innovator

Weho?? Aren't you the person who has been "missing" for a while. If so, were you banned? If so, do tell us what your misdemeanour was.

He ate the chicken....

My name is wheo which are my four initials and miraculously in the same order. Yes I have four names ... doesn't everyone?

I think Madam, that you have me confused with someone from your past ... it has five stars because it cannot have six.

Edited by wheo

Mind you, I stopped buying cheese at FoodLand several years ago when I saw them cut it up on same work area as they cut meat.

I can assure you that this no longer happens at Foodland ... just last week I saw them cutting the cheese.

nearly poisoned at carrefour !!!!! would you please post here copy of your medical/hospital report from last night ?????

we are many very interested with your anti french carrefour croisade !!!!!!

you are newbie here !!!

for your information and unfortunetly for you it's 3 supermarket company around pattaya

carrefour French/Thai

Big C French/Thai

tesco lotus English/Thai

go back in your country quicly before you become realy poisoned !!!!

nearly poisoned at carrefour !!!!! would you please post here copy of your medical/hospital report from last night ?????

we are many very interested with your anti french carrefour croisade !!!!!!

you are newbie here !!!

for your information and unfortunetly for you it's 3 supermarket company around pattaya

carrefour French/Thai

Big C French/Thai

tesco lotus English/Thai

go back in your country quicly before you become realy poisoned !!!!

Excuse moi mon ami, but you have mentioned only the 3 crap (merde) supermarkets in Pattaya. What about Friendship, Foodland, and Villa?? The 3 best supermarches which are not full of nasty French food/ people.

FYI if the OP really is Wheo (Weho) then he is definitely not a 'newbie', which is a terribly childish insult I have not heard since primary school.

It is no big deal. Carrefour is air conditioned and the chickens would just cool naturally. Plus they have a layer of skin to protect them.

The chances of being poisoned are very low indeed.

You are much more likely to get sick from poor hygiene, like not washing your hands before eating or cross contamination touching raw and cooked meats.

What you ingest should be clean and healthy ... putting filth into your mouth should at all times be avoided. I will say that Carrefour is taking better care of their trolleys as I did not have to use so many antibacterial wipes ... I have to use too many at Tesco. While a good purge is good for you it should not be after eating old chicken.

You sound like you might need counseling. "antibacterial wipes". Thailand. :o