Microsoft Silverlight

TBWG

Hi

As you might have guessed I am not at the cutting edge of IT. biggrin.gif

Anyway my question is I have MS silverlight downloaded onto my PC. I can access it on Internet Explorer but it will not function on my preferred browser Firefox I suspect this is easily cured but it has evaded all my attempts, any suggestions apreciated.

Thanks

TBWG :o

You should simply be able to go to www.microsoft.com/silverlight and download the file. In FireFox, it does not "auto-install" as it does in IE. So save the file and install it. You should go after the Silverlight 2 Beta installation. It is better than the 1.0 stuff and is safe.

Chris

Hi Chris

Right, I did as you suggested after first uninstalling my 1st attempt. Again it works in IE but not in Firefox, guess I'll just have to use IE when I want to use it!!

Thanks again

TBWG :o

If you're testing through the Silverlight site, note that the demo's are all viewed as pop-ups, which in most FF installations fail silently, so you may have Silverlight installed but not showing because of the pop-up settings. The Silverlight 2 should work with FF3 though there were lots of problems initially.

<rant>Just what the world needs, a proprietary encapsulation program {like Flash} that will now be used, owning to MS pushing it through the 'improved update experience', to add to the confusion of the web. Given that so much that is done with these techniques is doable through standards compliant xHTML & CSS which allows for accessibility, searchability etc., apart from a perceived commercial imperative, my did MS do this {rhetorical}. </rant>

Regards