Development Between Tonsai And Aonang

SGhawker

Hello,

We visited Krabi/Railey first time in 2001 and spend few other lovely New Years there. We miracly missed the tsunami year when we were sitting in a bar in Singapore (could not get tickets to Krabi for Xmas) and watched tsunami pictures on TV - while we supposed to be where we were 3 previous years!... well, someone looked after us that year!!).

Anyway, we visited again in 2006 and this year, and suddenly realised that once empty bay (empty back in 2001 and some workers seen there in 2004?) between AoNang and TonSai is now fully built up with pretty decent looking houses.

please could you advise what is the development, prices, any agent dealing there and any housing for sale there? Is there any website or contacts details?

I remember myself looking into that empty bay in long-past 2001 and wondering why nobody building there (while much less attractive East Railey was in the development swing). It seems I seriously missed the boat that time to buy a dream house there. Have I missed it competely?...

thanks for advise/contacts.

The development was Centara Resort, which opened a few years back.

That's not correct, the Centara is in Ao Nang.

OP- I travel to Railay often to do business and am not clear on the location you mention. You have Tonsai, then moving toward Railay you have The Rayavadee and Railay Beach Club. Which bay are you referring to?

You are wrong...It is the Centara Resort and v nice it is too.

prove it and get me the URL, o.k.?

what happened nattymatt? cat got your tongue? Don't know what you are talking about?

Here, let me help http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/

Please notice the only Centara in that area is in Ao nang, not in a bay between Tonsai and Railay

Edited by huggybear

Jesus! The OP asked what the development was between Tonsai and Aonang. it IS Centara. Crikey, i have lived here for 6 years and i know the place well. But no, you must be right.

Pai Plong is the name ofthe area between Ao Nang and Tonsai where the Centara is

Jesus! The OP asked what the development was between Tonsai and Aonang. it IS Centara. Crikey, i have lived here for 6 years and i know the place well. But no, you must be right.

Correct. This is Centara built in the bay I meant. Thanks guys for clarification.

O.K., well then I am confused.

The Centara in Ao Nang that I know (where I drop in, to do business, I know the F&B there) as you enter Ao nang on the main road going toward the water, the entrance driveway is on the left in Ao Nang http://www.centarakrabi.com/

Maybe we are all talking about the same place......????

Huggy bear....cat not go me tounge. Guess what we're both correct.

There is a centara wing in Ao Nang on the left as you drive down...I play tennis there.This is the staff quarters, tennis court and reception for the guests when they arrive.

They are then transferred to the Resort situated on the BEACH BETWEEN AO NANG AND TON SAI via speed boat.

I hope that clarifys everything.

:o

Huggy bear....cat not go me tounge. Guess what we're both correct.

There is a centara wing in Ao Nang on the left as you drive down...I play tennis there.This is the staff quarters, tennis court and reception for the guests when they arrive.

They are then transferred to the Resort situated on the BEACH BETWEEN AO NANG AND TON SAI via speed boat.

I hope that clarifys everything.

:o

o.k., gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.