Please, Pleas For More Intelligent Discussions On Thai Visa

PeaceBlondie

Who gives a toss whether Thaivisa lives or dies? Like anything in this world, it will have a life & a death. This is a fact.

If Thaivisa suddenly disappears, will there be an "overflow" in rehab clinics/psychologists offices? I think not. Where a void exists, it will be filled. Thus the "bored" will have another outlet.

I have the notion that about 80% of the worlds population couldn't tell their <deleted> from their heads, let alone survive. Further, I believe that Thaivisa reflects this very rough approximation. Simply look at the posts.

Since (I believe) 80% of the worlds population are nonsensical, things like "Big Brother", "Pop Idol" & moronic soap operas exist. Obviously, television/radio stations have a much better idea of the demographic intellect of their followers...let's just say that the followers are the "majority". If the majority were "intellectual", such moronic programs would not exist. Let's not confuse these "serial" moronic programs with movies, which can be quite entertaining even if a little on the moronic side of things.

I have no idea what can be done to solve this problem since no problem has been officially highlighted. So, is there a problem with Thaivisa? Or is this a "business" problem (if there is a problem)? I have no problems with morons submitting posts. I simply do as I choose...I ignore (not get involved) or I get involved. If I get involved with a moronic post/topic, I do it primarily to "vent". In this way, Thaivisa helps to reduce my blood pressure/stress. So I guess that morons do have a place here.

Thank you morons...you know who you are.

To address the OP's topic heading, "Please, Pleas For More Intelligent Discussions On Thai Visa, More than polls on if your partner picks their nose", I doubt if this is possible given the amount of intellectual people on the planet (20%). Also, I think that "common sense" stands as a clear reference here. Actually, it should be called "uncommon sense", since so few people have it.

BTW, there is no such thing as IQ. That is someones idiotic attempt to quantify intellect...it cannot be done & has never been done to any sensible degree. Ignore IQ's...they are worthless. People without any common sense may be able to rewire your brain but they probably couldn't catch a fish to save their own life. Notwithstanding this, some instruction upon "how to catch fish" may allow these people to catch fish. But what happens without such instruction?

Flame on at your will & whim. I couldn't give a toss.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the notion that about 80% of the worlds population couldn't tell their <deleted> from their heads, let alone survive. I doubt if this is possible given the amount of intellectual people on the planet (20%).

I believe it is the notion of a certain Vilfredo Pareto Pareto's Principle

and I feel that it is a rule that generally stands up :o

Moss

I can assure you that I have never ever heard of this person called Pareto.

As a secondary issue, I also suggest that the 80% largely consist of followers...whether that be of a religion, political ideal or culture.

Edited by elkangorito

Oh, if anything (or, if nothing), maybe this thread has inspired some new topics. Over in Farang Pub we have the list of names for morons. Over in the Chiang Mai Forum, a contest and a poll for Turd of the Week, in which our illustrious Blinky Bill hopes to win the award, which is likely. Even one of the rather odd OP's in the gay forum is trying to get sensible comments about wrinkly cross-over farang in Pattaya. Hope springs infernal here at Tie-Visa.

I have two daughters in a 162-kph hurricane, but I am worrying about morons and eggheads.

Oh, if anything (or, if nothing), maybe this thread has inspired some new topics. Over in Farang Pub we have the list of names for morons. Over in the Chiang Mai Forum, a contest and a poll for Turd of the Week, in which our illustrious Blinky Bill hopes to win the award, which is likely. Even one of the rather odd OP's in the gay forum is trying to get sensible comments about wrinkly cross-over farang in Pattaya. Hope springs infernal here at Tie-Visa.

I have two daughters in a 162-kph hurricane, but I am worrying about morons and eggheads.

Hope springs infernal...I love it!! :o

As for your daughters, most of the "emergency crew" people whom I have known, are quite sensible & have a reasonable amount of "uncommon sense". Generally, they are not brain surgeons or academics...they are usually tradespersons (male & female).

As for the other parts of this forum, what else could be expected of the non-intellectual types? They have to amuse themselves somehow. Actually, I will now have more areas where I can "vent" my frustrations, albeit upon the unwitting (Over in Farang Pub we have the list of names for morons.)

Who says this place is boring? Bring on the morons!

BTW, where is this "list of morons"?

Edited by elkangorito

Before this topic dies, I would just like to say that the amount of attention it is getting is relevant to the 80/20 rule. So far, not many people are interested. Is this because they see themselves as fitting the "moron" category?

I will suggest that if this topic dies quickly, it is because the "morons" don't wish to comment or can't compete.

Edited by elkangorito

Who cares how low the Thai IQ lies in the international league.

This is predominantly a forum for farangs.

I don't live in Thailand but it suffices to say that IMO you're becoming the victims of your own complacency and lethargy.

It's clear to me that the loudest whingers are the ones who log in and expect instant entertainment, provided free by the many

members of this forum, without making much of a contribution themselves.

It's symptomatic of how bored and complacent farangs become after a long sojourn in Thailand and the lightweight content of their

posts says much about their mentality.

Sorry if I offend anyone here but this forum and its content is exactly what you've all allowed it to become - and it reflects your

collective personality - mediocre.

P.S. Who among you has checked out his own IQ recently; I'd be really interested to learn how they scored?

Maybe we can put threads in other sub-forums, surely. My opening topic here is not my own, though I surely agree with its premise. With tongue in cheek, knowing we will not reach Olympian or Athenian heights in our discourse, I still think, "Shirley, we can do better than have a poll about how spicy the food is." :D

Don't call me Shirley. :o

I have no problems with morons submitting posts. I simply do as I choose...I ignore (not get involved) or I get involved. If I get involved with a moronic post/topic, I do it primarily to "vent".

Flame on at your will & whim. I couldn't give a toss.

I can't say as I have a problem in Thai Visa, per se, however if its 'Raison d'être', is an information service predominately, surely the plethora of puerile, potless and pointless posts and threads should at least have a cap, to stop the indiscriminate seed of progeny of inanity? If nothing else it stops other more worthwhile topics from burgeoning and flourishing.

Yes PB, I can see your criticism of me entering into the realms of, 'where are my threads of note', well I try in F 47 but they seem to have metamorphosed into contempt.

As a secondary issue, I also suggest that the 80% largely consist of followers...whether that be of a religion, political ideal or culture.

If you have never heard of the principle, then I give you credit, because as a general rule you are correct.

Then the threads are a message from which Heaven you believe, I hope your daughters are and will be safe.

I will suggest that if this topic dies quickly, it is because the "morons" don't wish to comment or can't compete.

I await with baited breath, or are you waiting for me again? :o

Moss

My daughters weathered the storm well, according to their big sister, thank you. Meanwhile, we have had over a hundred posts on this topic, more than a thousand views, lots of good comments. The 80 percent rule of Pareto and el kangorito agrees with my conclusion in 1962, about using seat belts: most people are ignorant, lazy, or stupid.

I would try to make the user rating feature a bit more prominent, displaying the users rating under the avatar instead of the pull-down menu, allowing negative ratings of users, something like a karma system used on other forums.

Not sure how much of a difference it would make, but I would hope some people would then think twice about posting irrelevant, off-topic comments.

Average IQ of Countries

Thailand 91

I believe this out of date. It seems the Thai gov't did another study after the coup and determined that the average Thai IQ had been raised to 100 or so. :D I can't find the reference at the moment, though.

Speaking of more entertaining posts, it seems (but I scan these threads quickly) the most amusing in this thread, where somebody was ranting about the restrictions and banning and ended up asking the mods for permission whether he might go pee-pee has--wait for it--been deleted. :o Scatalogical reference, no doubt.

"It is difficult not to write satire."

--Juvenal

May they return safely

Hope the winner doesn,t have to eat one :o

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

My comments in blue.

If you have never heard of the principle, then I give you credit, because as a general rule you are correct.

I do not tell a lie. I have never heard of this person. BTW, thanks. :D

I await with baited breath, or are you waiting for me again? :D

Moss

Moss, you're safe.............for now. :o

Actually, I think that a new emoticon could be introduced...a smiley face holding a sign that says, "Moron."

Seems quite obvious why the level of discourse tends to run to the silly, escapist and nonsensical.

We have all these guys here on TV married to virgin (or almost), white skinned, rich, multiple PHD women where the evening discussions would leave a Mensa member floundering. These couples find Steven Hawkins infantile and laborious.

Posting here is just a way to relax and let go.

Since many people rave on about this utterly unreliable thing called "IQ", perhaps Thaivisa can have an "online" IQ test? Membership could be granted to those with an IQ of at least <whatever>.

If such a thing existed, I can see the results now;

A Neurosurgeon starting a post called, "Why can't I use LPG in my NGV vehicle?"

A Physics lecturer starting a post called, "Why did she dump me."

An IT expert starting a post called, "Electrical grounding (earthing) is easier than you think."

The mind (if you have one) boggles. :o

Since many people rave on about this utterly unreliable thing called "IQ", perhaps Thaivisa can have an "online" IQ test? Membership could be granted to those with an IQ of at least <whatever>.

An IT expert starting a post called, "Electrical grounding (earthing) is easier than you think."

A bench press test would be better. Then I could knock some sense into people and the forum would be better

Seems quite obvious why the level of discourse tends to run to the silly, escapist and nonsensical.

We have all these guys here on TV married to virgin (or almost), white skinned, rich, multiple PHD women where the evening discussions would leave a Mensa member floundering. These couples find Steven Hawkins infantile and laborious.

We have all these guys here on TV married to virgin (or almost), white skinned, rich, multiple PHD women who are all good girls! :o

A bench press test would be better. Then I could knock some sense into people and the forum would be better

Don (or Donk as someone else called you...a typo I suspect), exactly what "sense" do you refer to

Also, since your avatar is of the right arm (presumably you allude to it representing your right arm), does masturbation have any relevance to "sense" or am I being a depraved sexual deviate? :D

Edited by elkangorito

We have all these guys here on TV married to virgin (or almost), white skinned, rich, multiple PHD women who are all good girls! :o

Yes a couple of us are, why whats the problem? Jealous, with a body like mine they all melt when I walk past, They have nicked named me MOL, it stands for Master of Love. I'm a very very good looking man

Yes a couple of us are, why whats the problem? Jealous, with a body like mine they all melt when I walk past, They have nicked named me MOL, it stands for Master of Love. I'm a very very good looking man

Why limit yourself?

It could mean;

Masturbation Or Lust.

Mistress Of the Lash.

Man Of Licentiousness

Edited by elkangorito

We have all these guys here on TV married to virgin (or almost), white skinned, rich, multiple PHD women who are all good girls! :D

Yes a couple of us are

You are not bothering to mention all of the virgin (or almost), white skinned, rich, multiple PHD women that serve as your willing sex slaves and all for FREE! :o

Is this thread at risk of being labelled "inane" or "moronic"? It's looking that way

EDIT:

For Dons' information, I was bench pressing 150 pounds (Imperial pounds) when I was 20 years old...& I weighed the grand total of..............................................................................

........67kgs.

Does this prove that one can be "strong" without having muscle? Does muscle compensate for the lack of intellect? How about the "love" thing? Does a muscular body infer a good lover? What type of "love" is it when it is all about physical appearances

EDIT2:

Do swooning bar girls constitute a "Master of Love" or is this just a vacuum sealed, testosterone filled body talking?

Edited by elkangorito

We have had complaints that the topics are becoming even more moronic lately, and the replies to such topics do not resemble the dialog in Plato's Republic. True enough. But ThaiVisa has no minimal IQ, no requirement that you have a master's in logic and rhetoric to join in the discussion. So, what do you eggheads say - shall we adjourn to a meeting of the Mensa Society, or shall we drown out the simpletons with a blinding display of superior intellect?

Let me think of a really highbrow subject to discuss rationally, using polite language and fine reason.....which song title by the Eagles is most fitting of Thailand - Lyin' Eyes or New Kid in Town?Did Steppenwolf's theory that you're never to old to start all over again, apply to expats in Thailand? If Eleanor Rigby's funeral had been held in Pukhet, would nobody have come?.....

no, you do it, please. Dazzle us with your brilliance. Ask questions that could never be reduced to a simple poll. Make points that cannot be mis-labeled as liberal or conservative. Try to relate it to Thailand, since this is not the Arkansas forum.

Let the illumination begin.

[/quote

Arkansas? Where the hel_l is that? :o I have an Iq smaller than my fridge so does that mean I have to shut up ?

And they never have and do not now, give the lady any money. The lady is with them, because of love only & in fact she gives her man money. Funny, but I've been here 4 years and have never seen such a case. Must be I don't travel in the right circles.

I would suggest to the moderators, that a separate category be established for all the idiotic polls and thus stop cluttering up the general forum with such nonsense.

Agreed. I think this forum's been crying out for a "games room" or "miscellaneous banter" type forum for ages. The Pubbing and Nightlife forum has become swamped with these word games and meaningless, pointless threads for some unknown reason and now it seems the problem is spreading to the General forum too.

Bedlam has long been plagued with these threads also, but I guess the general randomness of that forum means that they're more suited there. And, anyway, we can't really move these game threads in there because many members won't have the prerequisite 500 posts needed to continue participating in them.

These vacuous threads can't be good for potential advertisers or for the Adsense. Why not move them into their own designated area where, if need be, you could even stop the Search Engine robots from reading them and let them concentrate on the much more relevant Thai related content from the main forums, instead of diluting the content with this other bumph?

By the way, as is always the case when this subject comes up, I'll add the caveat that I'm not suggesting stopping or closing these threads, just to move them into a more appropriate area of the site.