Gym - Short Term Membership

Jack Jones

Anyone know if the Calfornia Wow does a short term membership, ie. 2 weeks, as I like to keep fit while on holiday - I know where the jokes are going already on this :o

I usually go to Tony's but that means I have to grab a motorcycle taxi and the CW is walking distance.

Cheers,

JJ

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone know if the Calfornia Wow does a short term membership, ie. 2 weeks, as I like to keep fit while on holiday - I know where the jokes are going already on this :o

I usually go to Tony's but that means I have to grab a motorcycle taxi and the CW is walking distance.

Cheers,

JJ

Yes....But you will have to join for the month.....I am not sure but I think it is 500 baht

I saw the reference to Tony's. Do they offer a one month membership? Do other places offer a one month membership?

The guys at Tony's are quite flexible. I've done 1/2/3 week memberships up there with no hassle. You can even pay by the visit, which I think last time was around 100B.

Edited by Jack Jones

hmmmm...Good 'ole Tony + his Gym eh :D .Lovely fellow.Really nice promotion he advertises on Local Sophon

TV..........1 YEARS MEMBERSHIP FOR "THAI PEOPLE"=2500 baht....1 YEAR FOR "FOREIGNER"= 5,999 baht.

I know,I know,Iknow.......the old well-trodden and discussed ground of dual-pricing and all the pros v's cons....

so I won't stir up that hornets nest :o:D ....just needless to say that my own personal subjective opinion is that

this guy is a complete "w-anchor"....and I hope he develops some hideous,carcinogenic condition at some future

stage of his life and his last years on this 3rd rock from the sun is a desperately tragic event.

*PS*..just in case someone counters my assertion here by saying that I shouldn't be such a skinflint and

the foreign price is still great value for money...........I am a member of the Royal Cliff gym where the

yearly membership is waaay more expensive,but I gladly pay it because it's the same price for everybody.

Edited by lalana

• 3 weeks later...
hmmmm...Good 'ole Tony + his Gym eh :D .Lovely fellow.Really nice promotion he advertises on Local Sophon

TV..........1 YEARS MEMBERSHIP FOR "THAI PEOPLE"=2500 baht....1 YEAR FOR "FOREIGNER"= 5,999 baht.

I know,I know,Iknow.......the old well-trodden and discussed ground of dual-pricing and all the pros v's cons....

so I won't stir up that hornets nest :o:D ....just needless to say that my own personal subjective opinion is that

this guy is a complete "w-anchor"....and I hope he develops some hideous,carcinogenic condition at some future

stage of his life and his last years on this 3rd rock from the sun is a desperately tragic event.

*PS*..just in case someone counters my assertion here by saying that I shouldn't be such a skinflint and

the foreign price is still great value for money...........I am a member of the Royal Cliff gym where the

yearly membership is waaay more expensive,but I gladly pay it because it's the same price for everybody.

I go to Tony's because it has the best selection of weights. I couldn't give a sh!t about the guy who owns it and the prices are more than reasonable when you're away on holiday

California WOW is in The Avenue Mall. On 2nd Road nearly opposite Mike's Shooping Center, just south of Soi Diana

The monthly price whch was quoted to my mother was 5,000 baht

The lifetime price was 11,999 for three years, and then 3,000 / year after that.

The equipment is very good, the hours are 7:00PM to 10:00PM (or later)

The music is bothersome.

I go to Tony's because it has the best selection of weights. I couldn't give a sh!t about the guy who owns it and the prices are more than reasonable when you're away on holiday

I'll second that. Tony's is the best gym for serious lifters and I too wouldn't give a shit about the guy who owns it.

I think a person who pays much higher rates somewhere else just because Tony is giving a discount to local Thais must be w-acko.

Cheers,

JJ

Which Tony's do you normall go to? There's 3 different locations. Soi 16 (Walking Street) is only 100 for a causal visit, so getting a weekly or monthly deal is not worth it.

California WOW is in The Avenue Mall. On 2nd Road nearly opposite Mike's Shooping Center, just south of Soi Diana

The monthly price whch was quoted to my mother was 5,000 baht

The lifetime price was 11,999 for three years, and then 3,000 / year after that.

The equipment is very good, the hours are 7:00PM to 10:00PM (or later)

The music is bothersome.

Prices quoted by California WOW vary daily, even hourly.One day I was quoted lifetime membership of 41K baht and 100 baht yr/maintenance fee. The next week I paid 21,900 bahty for a 3 yr membership and then 1,000 baht/yr thereafter. A friend went the next week and got the membership/same period for 15,000 and 100 baht/yr thereafter. Last month they were offering a Black card membership - supposedly their top tier membership for 25K lifetime. And peridically there have billboard outside advertsing 1 day only special - if you don't get the price you want, try another sales person the following day. And I believe they are open before 7 AM - I think 5 AM, maybe 6 AM and they close at midnight. Tony's is 24 hour but they cut off the A/C during non-peak hours - and sometimes even during peak hours. BTW, I have lifetime memberships at both Tony's and WOW and I much prefer WOW - I see no difference in their free weights except WOW has newer equipmment. Tony's staff is definitely friendlier and they have a pool, steam room, tennis, basketball, etc - WOW has only a gym, kick boxing, and yoga.

BTW, I have lifetime memberships at both Tony's and WOW and I much prefer WOW - I see no difference in their free weights except WOW has newer equipmment.

Does WOW have 135 lb dumbells? To a casual fitness trainer, I suppose all gyms are alike.

Edited by tropo

Does WOW attract many little hot females to inspire me whist working out?

In a place like Pattaya why would you need to look at hot females while you work out? Take a break for an hour or so, it won't do you any harm.

In a place like Pattaya why would you need to look at hot females while you work out? Take a break for an hour or so, it won't do you any harm.

I can walk for hours in Pattaya and not see what i class as a hot chick, however these fancy new gyms seem to be a good locator of girls who look after themselves in the UK maybe its the same in LOS.

I can walk for hours in Pattaya and not see what i class as a hot chick, however these fancy new gyms seem to be a good locator of girls who look after themselves in the UK maybe its the same in LOS.

If you can walk in Pattaya for hours and not see a hot chick then you're probably not into Thai chicks (or blind). I see hot chicks everywhere in Pattaya.

I was in a gym in the Philippines recently (an upmarket gym) which had signs that any sexual advances of any kind should be reported to management and perpertrators would be expelled from the gym. I like this philosophy. Gyms are for training, not for finding dates..and in actual fact you could be a bother for many girls who go there to train and don't wish to be hit on in the middle of their workout. How would you know if your target is single? Most hot chicks are not single.

BTW, I have lifetime memberships at both Tony's and WOW and I much prefer WOW - I see no difference in their free weights except WOW has newer equipmment.

Does WOW have 135 lb dumbells? To a casual fitness trainer, I suppose all gyms are alike.

Fair enough - I do not have any idea how high their dumbells go in weight- I do know they do go to at least 110 LB. It seems that many members at WOW leave the weights wherever they last used them and I put the weights back on the rack so I have clean space to work-out - the most I have returned to the rack is 110 # - if they have 135 # dumbells I imagine they would stay unracked as that is beyond my weight capability.I do know that they have 4 dumbells at each weight class beginning at 10 lbs and going up in 5 LB increments - I will check on Friday and let you know how high the dumbells weights go. But like Tony's the dumbell space is too limited - more than 4 people working out at the same time and you trip over each other.

The boxing is Kick Fit boxing They have a ring set up on the main floor but it is more for fitness training as opposed to any serious boxing training. I have noticed that women are using this tarining more than the men - maybe 65-35 split in favor of the women. The advertised promotion price is 4000 baht for 4 weeks of kick fit boxing training - I know no further details than that.

I went to Tonys for a few years and his membership tended to lean to westerners - more westerners than thais and far more men. WOW tends to have a more even split - maybe a leaning a bit to Thais as predominant membership. Also, there are many more Thai women at WOW than at Tonys - and when I go - always in the afternoons every other day, the Thai woen tend to slightly outnumber the Thai men - not sure about the before and after work crowd - have never been there after 6 PM.

What are the boxing facilities like at WOW? And is the air-con good, as this is what lets Tony's gym down, though it is a very good gym.

WOW is downright chilly. The A/C vents are overhead and when using some machines the cold air blows right down on you and I workout there fast to move on to a location that is not quite so cold. Again I workout in off peak hours and the A/C is going full force with maybe 50 people in total working out. Maybe when it is more crowded before and after work-it may not be quite so chilly.

Sometimes at Tony's it felt like I was in the steam room - but again I went there during off peak hours. THe A/C at WOW is a godsend when compared to Tony's.

If you can walk in Pattaya for hours and not see a hot chick then you're probably not into Thai chicks (or blind). I see hot chicks everywhere in Pattaya.

I prefer the Bangkok model girl look, theyre in short supply wandering the streets of Pattaya.

I was in a gym in the Philippines recently (an upmarket gym) which had signs that any sexual advances of any kind should be reported to management and perpertrators would be expelled from the gym. I like this philosophy. Gyms are for training, not for finding dates..and in actual fact you could be a bother for many girls who go there to train

Im not intending to go flashing my bits, just its nice to look and i like the chase as opposed to payment up front.

Most hot chicks are not single.

I wont grass them up for cheating.

There is a brand new Gym just opened yesterday opposite Foodland on Pattayaklang - it looks very nice, with training for Martial Arts, Judo, Muay Thai ect.. All new equipment and also air con - the sign on the door said 4.500 per month. Looks like there are 4 or 5 floors - good luck.

There is a brand new Gym just opened yesterday opposite Foodland on Pattayaklang - it looks very nice, with training for Martial Arts, Judo, Muay Thai ect.. All new equipment and also air con - the sign on the door said 4.500 per month. Looks like there are 4 or 5 floors - good luck.

Expensive, i used to pay less then that at my gym in Chiswick, London and that was as 5 star as you could get for the location.

hmmmm...Good 'ole Tony + his Gym eh :P .Lovely fellow.Really nice promotion he advertises on Local Sophon

so I won't stir up that hornets nest :D:D ....just needless to say that my own personal subjective opinion is that

I'll second that. Tony's is the best gym for serious lifters and I too wouldn't give a shit about the guy who owns it.

I think a person who pays much higher rates somewhere else just because Tony is giving a discount to local Thais must be w-acko.

** INTERESTING READING**............

hmmmm.....could I be so bold to suggest that the only thing "w-acko" is your failure to grasp the concept which I was

attempting to convey :( .I have joined the Royal Cliff gym for it appeals to me more as a facility "in its own right" and NOT

solely because it doesn't implement the RACIST policies that the loveable Mr.Tonys' institution.Were I to have joined the

Royal Cliff "just to spite" the double pricing of Tonys...well this wouldn't simply make economic sense(of course).

This is such an obvious point that I cringe in pity for your thought process that you felt the need to bring it up :D .

You also said that you would second another persons comments who is of a similar deluded view to your own.

This other person said that he was happy to pay this RACIST-AUGMENTED price because he was a "holiday-maker",and

that well..the inflated price we pay(gee-wiz) still isn't too exorbitant :D .Once again,a stunningly deluded oversight!!!

Let's make a relatively similar analogy.You're in New York on holiday(you're British for arguments-sake),and you're enjoying yourself.

Let's say you've had a conversation with some local New Yorkers who have reliably informed you that it's $25 to go to the

local zoo.Upon going yourself,you do indeed see the aforementioned price of $25....but whereupon they hear your accent and

learn that you are a tourist they(with a smile) pronounce that it's $50 for you.

Now,if you(Mr weightlifter in Tonys) are happy and accepting of this policy then I fear there is no possibilty of us having a

logical,fair and democratic discussion!!!

The age-old(to be fair understandable to an extent) retort to what I've said is that your regular Thai citizen is of limited

Economic means(ie-most are piss-poor by modern Western standards).This is undeniably true,but the crucal point to

remember is that this doesn't make the Racist-pricing policy legitimate.Also,almost without exception,the people who

benefit from this Double-pricing are those in the upper-echelons,the managers and owners of the business.The trickle-down

economic effect doesn't happen here and the staff at all these businesses aren't seeing any increase in their salaries if on

a particular month an unusually large number of Foreigners join on the Double-price policy in comparison to the

previous months' intake???

You see,it's NOT the fact that,knowing this Double-pricing,you STILL decide to pay-up and join.I will agree with you that Tony's

is("in its own right") a good facility at a reasonably thrifty price by International standards :D ...and to "that extent" your

joining-up is an understandable action!!! It's your non-assertion that Double-Pricing based on ones skin colour/appearance

and language spoken(for that's usually how Thai people distinguish us apart) should ever make a difference to how we are

treated(in this financial context).

If a "non-racist/non-Tony's policy" was promulgated Nationwide I appreciate that it would give the Business-owners a very

interesting dilemma....Do we adopt the Falang-price and therefore lose a huge proportion of our indigenous trade OR do we

adopt the Thai price for all, and begrudgingly give the Falangs the same price as Thai people.as is done in the 1st World)

This dilemma is not justification to adopt racist 2-tier pricing though,no matter how real and problematic the dilemma may really be.

Oh,you skinflint I hear some of the deluded rank and file saying.Once again(as my Royal Cliff gym membership clearly illustrates),

it's not(for me) nor ever will be about the wish to save money,merely the principle.I've lived here for ten years and am

realistic enough to know that the current double-pricing(generally) will not go away,so I'm a realist.It's just that I was

saddened to hear that there are Non-Thai people among us(and on this webboard) who have no moral repulsion(it seems) when

faced with Racist policy/behaviour..indeed,they just flick it off with the turn of a wrist as just all being part of that jolly

good holiday experience.I wonder would Thai people be so "happy-go-lucky" if they were living in England and were charged

double-price at the local gym because they clearly didn't look like "one of us" nor did they speak and English??????

Indeed,to finish up,if I myself ever open a Gym in my home country(Ireland) I will be sure to contact some of the above

Falangs to see if they'd be interested in future-membership.As they have no problems with 2-Tier pholosophy I will be happy

to make sure that all British/Canadian/American/Austalian/French/German etc.. people pay double the Irish-price.

I will adopt this policy confident in the assertion that you'll gleefully pay it...and if paying double price does enter your mind

for a split second...then "aw well,buddy"...just put it down to that holiday-experience :o

Fair enough - I do not have any idea how high their dumbells go in weight- I do know they do go to at least 110 LB.

That's a pretty impressive db for a fitness gym. I didn't expect they'd even go up to 100 lbs.

hmmmm...Good 'ole Tony + his Gym eh :P .Lovely fellow.Really nice promotion he advertises on Local Sophon

so I won't stir up that hornets nest :D:D ....just needless to say that my own personal subjective opinion is that

** INTERESTING READING**............

hmmmm.....could I be so bold to suggest that the only thing "w-acko" is your failure to grasp the concept which I was

attempting to convey :( .I have joined the Royal Cliff gym for it appeals to me more as a facility "in its own right" and NOT

solely because it doesn't implement the RACIST policies that the loveable Mr.Tonys' institution.Were I to have joined the

Royal Cliff "just to spite" the double pricing of Tonys...well this wouldn't simply make economic sense(of course).

This is such an obvious point that I cringe in pity for your thought process that you felt the need to bring it up :D .

You also said that you would second another persons comments who is of a similar deluded view to your own.

This other person said that he was happy to pay this RACIST-AUGMENTED price because he was a "holiday-maker",and

that well..the inflated price we pay(gee-wiz) still isn't too exorbitant :D .Once again,a stunningly deluded oversight!!!

Let's make a relatively similar analogy.You're in New York on holiday(you're British for arguments-sake),and you're enjoying yourself.

Let's say you've had a conversation with some local New Yorkers who have reliably informed you that it's $25 to go to the

local zoo.Upon going yourself,you do indeed see the aforementioned price of $25....but whereupon they hear your accent and

learn that you are a tourist they(with a smile) pronounce that it's $50 for you.

Now,if you(Mr weightlifter in Tonys) are happy and accepting of this policy then I fear there is no possibilty of us having a

logical,fair and democratic discussion!!!

The age-old(to be fair understandable to an extent) retort to what I've said is that your regular Thai citizen is of limited

Economic means(ie-most are piss-poor by modern Western standards).This is undeniably true,but the crucal point to

remember is that this doesn't make the Racist-pricing policy legitimate.Also,almost without exception,the people who

benefit from this Double-pricing are those in the upper-echelons,the managers and owners of the business.The trickle-down

economic effect doesn't happen here and the staff at all these businesses aren't seeing any increase in their salaries if on

a particular month an unusually large number of Foreigners join on the Double-price policy in comparison to the

previous months' intake???

You see,it's NOT the fact that,knowing this Double-pricing,you STILL decide to pay-up and join.I will agree with you that Tony's

is("in its own right") a good facility at a reasonably thrifty price by International standards :D ...and to "that extent" your

joining-up is an understandable action!!! It's your non-assertion that Double-Pricing based on ones skin colour/appearance

and language spoken(for that's usually how Thai people distinguish us apart) should ever make a difference to how we are

treated(in this financial context).

If a "non-racist/non-Tony's policy" was promulgated Nationwide I appreciate that it would give the Business-owners a very

interesting dilemma....Do we adopt the Falang-price and therefore lose a huge proportion of our indigenous trade OR do we

adopt the Thai price for all, and begrudgingly give the Falangs the same price as Thai people.as is done in the 1st World)

This dilemma is not justification to adopt racist 2-tier pricing though,no matter how real and problematic the dilemma may really be.

Oh,you skinflint I hear some of the deluded rank and file saying.Once again(as my Royal Cliff gym membership clearly illustrates),

it's not(for me) nor ever will be about the wish to save money,merely the principle.I've lived here for ten years and am

realistic enough to know that the current double-pricing(generally) will not go away,so I'm a realist.It's just that I was

saddened to hear that there are Non-Thai people among us(and on this webboard) who have no moral repulsion(it seems) when

faced with Racist policy/behaviour..indeed,they just flick it off with the turn of a wrist as just all being part of that jolly

good holiday experience.I wonder would Thai people be so "happy-go-lucky" if they were living in England and were charged

double-price at the local gym because they clearly didn't look like "one of us" nor did they speak and English??????

Indeed,to finish up,if I myself ever open a Gym in my home country(Ireland) I will be sure to contact some of the above

Falangs to see if they'd be interested in future-membership.As they have no problems with 2-Tier pholosophy I will be happy

to make sure that all British/Canadian/American/Austalian/French/German etc.. people pay double the Irish-price.

I will adopt this policy confident in the assertion that you'll gleefully pay it...and if paying double price does enter your mind

for a split second...then "aw well,buddy"...just put it down to that holiday-experience :o

You are definitely a seriously uptight individual. My original assessment of you was pretty spot on, but thanks for making it obvious.

My thought processes when I'm looking to join a gym are simply:

1. How's their equipment?

2. Opening hours.

3. Price.

...and some other minor details such as fans, aircon, cleanliness etc.

It's quite simple. If they want to give a DISCOUNT PRICE to locals then that doesn't concern me. This is not racist at all and apart from yourself and few others uptight individuals who get upset about it, I'm sure he doesn't lose much business over it. It makes perfect business sense actually.

Many Thais who join are sponsored by Farang and therefore benefit from this discount price.

Your main problem with Tony's is probably more to do with a personal grudge toward the owner, which you made quite clear in your earlier post. Here's a revisit of your prize statement:

"just needless to say that my own personal subjective opinion is that

stage of his life and his last years on this 3rd rock from the sun is a desperately tragic event."

How could I take anything you say seriously after such a comment?

It's incredible that a person could make such a derogatory statement about a prominent local Thai business operator yet cry about racism.

On another note, I lived in a tourist resort for many years in Australia and discount pricing to locals was normal practice. In Australia they also discount most services for old age pensioners, students and disabled. I'm sure it's the same in many countries.

Edited by tropo

hmmm.. not an uptight person,merely one who likes EQUALITY OF TREATMENT.A very ambitious goal but a noble one, nonetheless.

If you can't see that point as being as clear as the nose in front of you then I fear all those protein drinks and other

substances have finally taken their toll.As to all the other drivel,I refer to my post which you've already seen and read

(but not comprehended it seems).

*PS** Please don't forget to Pay us good people in Ireland a visit,your willingness to be racially discrimated against

and pay double price means that our somewhat stagnant economy could receive a much-welcome boost :D . :D

As for Tony,never met the guy,don't know him personally,he could be a 5-star geezer in loads of ways.But actions

speak louder than words and I just happen to see he has a 2-tier policy,is all.It is on that basis and that basis alone

that I think him to be a "w-anchor".No uptightness here,I'm blissfully happy here living here in LOS. :D:D ....just don't like

his kind,that's all.(the racially-discriminatory one,that is)

Also,get a grip on "business" reality."Discount",generally indicates that a price was at one time in the past of a

higher nature and has since been brought down.When a price is introduced and implemented at a particular level

and continues in the same vein,it cannot be termed as of a discount-nature when in comparison to another price

which has always been at a higher level for the same service.It really is embarrassing that I have to clarify this for

you....but then......... :o:D .

Lastly,your assertion that I'm uptight is a comically misguided one.I would hazard to guess that such an uptight person

would not pay 24,000 Baht/year for gym membership when much,much cheaper patronage can be secured elsewhere.As a

person who loves Thai food,speaks reasonable conversation-level Thai and enjoys trying to assimilate myself into Thai Culture

my actions are quite level-headed and non-confrontational....quite the opposite of an uptight person :(:P .But that disclosure

was not about bravado-point-scoring,merely an exampling from a blissfully happy,non-uptight individual who's as happy as a pig

in the brown-stuff,here in LOS... :burp::P ...and indeed one who would be shocked and disappointed if such a policy was adopted

in my home country of Ireland in ANY GYMNASIUM ,if the droves of foreign immigrants now living in Ireland were to be charged

DOUBLE what I would pay.But then again,we all know that such an act would would never happen...dare I say(I'm no legal expert),

but would probably be deemed an unlawful act if implemented

Edited by lalana

Lastly,get a grip on "business" reality."Discount",generally indicates that a price was at one time in the past of a

higher nature and has since been brought down.When a price is introduced and implemented at a particular level

and continues in the same vein,it cannot be termed as of a discount-nature when in comparison to another price

which has always been at a higher level for the same service.It really is embarrassing that I have to clarify this for

A discount doesn't mean anything other than discount. It's not something that requires a detailed explanation. A half-price discount means just that, half-price. What the prices were previously is irrelevant.

You're trying to justify your biased views by making it complicated.

You say Tony's is charging Farang double price for memberships, I say he's charging Thais half price. It's pretty obvious which one it is. No gym could maintain a business charging 3000 baht per year memberships. It's hard to believe he's making any profit or staying afloat even at the regular price.

It's ridiculous that I have to clarify this for you...but then...you have your head in the sand, so it's understandable.

If you need perfect equality of treatment, then try an uninhabited planet.

Let's be honest, is it really Tony who is the w-anker here?

Edited by tropo

Lastly,get a grip on "business" reality."Discount",generally indicates that a price was at one time in the past of a

A discount doesn't mean anything other than discount. It's not something that requires a detailed explanation. A half-price discount means just that, half-price. What the prices were previously is irrelevant.

You're trying to justify your biased views by making it complicated.

You say Tony's is charging Farang double price for memberships, I say he's charging Thais half price. It's pretty obvious which one it is. No gym could maintain a business charging 3000 baht per year memberships. It's hard to believe he's making any profit or staying afloat even at the regular price.

It's ridiculous that I have to clarify this for you...but then...you have your head in the sand, so it's understandable.

If you need perfect equality of treatment, then try an uninhabited planet.

Let's be honest, is it really Tony who is the w-anker here?

hmmmm...your polemic has got more holes in it than a Fishermans' net :D .Like a kid in a sweet-shop I don't know where to begin...

but here goes!!!

Well my dear chap,not being pedantic,but just to correct you,whether we take the view that he's charging foreigners double or

Thai people half is a practical irrelevancy....the net-effect/end-product is one of a racist 2-tier pricing system being currently

in place.So your wonderful,insightful thoughts on what does or does not constitute a discount counts for nothing.

There are a couple of hundred thousand ex-Soviet countries' peoples(Latvia/Lithuania etc..) living in Ireland and if my Gym adopted

Tony's policy the courts wouldn't care what the ins + outs of the discount formula were....they would just deem it as racist....

end-of-story...cut and dry.Just an analogy for you to mull over :D .

As to your quote of.."if you need perfect quality of treatment try an uninhabited planet.." well,once again,more holes than a

Fishermans net.Firstly,I don't NEED it,I merely DESIRE it.So that's that cleared up for you.Secondly(and most comically) I said in my

previous post(and I quote).......

"...I've lived here for ten years and am realistic enough to know that the current double-pricing

will not go away,so I'M A REALIST..."

Really,my old chap,you obviously missed what I said,otherwise you wouldn't have made the "uninhabited planet"

halarious joke :P .We live in an imperfect world,that is the history and nature of homosapien existence,however if we all went

through life/existence gladly accepting the current status quo as an acceptable one.......well... Black people wouldn't have the vote,

the Earth would be seen as still flat and Slavery in Louisiana would be accepted etc..

Of course,the double-pricing as seen from a foreigners perspective in Thailand is nowhere near as "pressing" in the bigger picture

of world affairs,that's a given.But what is stunning,is that a person(ie-myself) who merely postulates that it seems a 'tad

unfair/discriminatory for a Gym to adopt a racist 2-tier pricing policy can be seen as being a bit of an unreasonable crackpot :burp: .

There are many Litmus tests,one very easy analogy,would be for Tony to go to the USA or Europe and adopt the same...

"pricing-policy" in a Gym in a 1st World foreign country.Again,as I've said before,I'm a realist and know that LOS won't rule his

pricing as unfairly discriminatory,but my mere expression that his policy is unfair,where is the inherent flaw in my viewpoint???

I don't know what country you come from??? I wonder(whatever country it is),whether the authorities approve and view as

legally and morally upholdable a Tonys Gym pricing-policy????????????? hmmmm............if your country didn't look kindly on

such policy then which country is correct,yours or Thailands???Let me guess,you will sit on firmly on the fence on this one and

evade an unequiveocal opinion by saying that you can't compare the two :D

Anyway,I will take mercy on your misguided aspirations.I fear that if you are English then a career in Politics may not be for

you!! What with your tacit acceptance of Racism I don't think any of the "big three" would welcome you with open arms.

So,better to forget about Conservatives/Labour/Liberal Democrats...perhaps a career in the BNP would be better suited to

your philosophy :(:D

post-59181-1218706162_thumb.jpg

Edited by lalana

Expensive, i used to pay less then that at my gym in Chiswick, London and that was as 5 star as you could get for the location.

So sorry, i got it wrong, the new Gym opposite Foodland is 4.500 bt per year, not month as i previously stated.....

Lastly,your assertion that I'm uptight is a comically misguided one.I would hazard to guess that such an uptight person

would not pay 24,000 Baht/year for gym membership when much,much cheaper patronage can be secured elsewhere.As a

person who loves Thai food,speaks reasonable conversation-level Thai and enjoys trying to assimilate myself into Thai Culture

my actions are quite level-headed and non-confrontational....quite the opposite of an uptight person :o:D .But that disclosure

was not about bravado-point-scoring,merely an exampling from a blissfully happy,non-uptight individual who's as happy as a pig

in the brown-stuff,here in LOS... :D:D ...and indeed one who would be shocked and disappointed if such a policy was adopted

in my home country of Ireland in ANY GYMNASIUM ,if the droves of foreign immigrants now living in Ireland were to be charged

DOUBLE what I would pay.But then again,we all know that such an act would would never happen...dare I say(I'm no legal expert),

but would probably be deemed an unlawful act if implemented

Aren't your replies long enough already? How about you stop adding paragraphs in your edits and give me a chance to reply first.

Your endless drivel in an attempt to prove your point that Tony is racist is proof enough that you're uptight.

A person who would glady pay 4 times the membership at another gym just to avoid a gym owned by someone with what you consider questionable pricing policies is pretty extreme...and uptight.

Blissfully happy in LOS? I doubt that, but knock yourself out and give us another 5 paragraphs to prove you are if you must.