Has Thaivisa Become Politically Correct?

tomuk76

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i would like to hear views about the farang women and los. but those threads always get closed down!

Hey dont get people started on that, i have had 2 of my threads closed down already because of talk like that :o

If you dont want to insult the London Bankers, nor their puppets the Neocons, nor in turn their puppets, the US Pres. candidates, nor the Israelis, nor ask a single question about the scientifically un-proven holocast, (not an anti semitic comment, as I was born a Jew, and, in any case, the semites are the Arabs, not the Caucasians who later immigrated and converted to Judaism), then we can safely say that this forum is politically correct. This post is politically incorrect for discussing political correctness too blatantly, so it will most probably be struck off.

If you dont want to insult the London Bankers, nor their puppets the Neocons, nor in turn their puppets, the US Pres. candidates, nor the Israelis, nor ask a single question about the scientifically un-proven holocast, (not an anti semitic comment, as I was born a Jew, and, in any case, the semites are the Arabs, not the Caucasians who later immigrated and converted to Judaism), then we can safely say that this forum is politically correct. This post is politically incorrect for discussing political correctness too blatantly, so it will most probably be struck off.

:o:D

Hey were in thailand, lets have fun, thats whats it all about isnt it?

After all you can do anything you want in thailand?? Cant u?

i would like to hear views about the farang women and los. but those threads always get closed down!

LOTS of stuff gets closed down, often without a reason which leaves people guessing.

But anyway I think Thaivisa has always wanted to be politically correct.. Its members however... :o

If you mean does Thaivisa prohibit discussion of certain topics and/or does it prohibit unnecessarily negative or disrespectful views of Thailand or certain groups of people then the answer is yes and no. Yes, but it always has, since 2006 anyway, had these rules. No, it has not become politically correct because it always was this way and quite rightly so IMO.

If you mean do the moderators clamp down on sexual/racial/secular slurs and innuendo then the answer is, in general, no. Usually if someone makes a remark that's out of order nine times out of ten another board member will step in and dish out a little corrective medicine. Only if the thread starts to go seriously off the rails or the posts overstep the forum rules will a moderator step in and close the thread.

If someone starts a thread and it is, in their opinion, unnecessarily closed or deleted they are welcome to PM the moderator and ask why it was done.

So I voted yes but with an element of no in it. How's that for a grey answer? :o

Instead of politically correct, I would prefer to say, biased to defend the moderating political view.

Politically correct means nothing to me. The TV show 'Politically Incorrect' proved the impotence of this term as it was one of the most politically correct, left leaning agenda, shows on TV.

Politically correct implies having your terminology and views aligned with the majority to create the least amount of offense (respect for other views). What it actually means, as practiced by the masses, is to be a champion of liberality and minority interests with disdain for wisdom or free thinking in any other direction. However the most PC thing to be right now is anti PC; eventhough those who say they are anti PC, are just saying this to fit in. Todays unofficial correctness boasts free thought, but in practice is just another club of narrow minded clones. You are free to think like me.

I think that many of the posters make TV PC.

Somebody could start a thread asking why Thai girls tend to grow their so long only for some numptie to pop-up slamming the thread for being sexist/racist and derogatory to women. Some people really need to lighten up a bit I think.

they discriminate against freedom of religious expression. try a signature praising the love of Jesus and the good Lord and see how far that will get you

As I see it provided it is Thailand related and not an anti Buddhist rant, Christian sales pitch or recruiting drive there would be no reason to close such a thread. There is a percentage of Thais, small circa 1% (?), that are Christian.

As opposed to what - politically incorrect? Do you mean slagging of people or women just for the hel_l of it? That "politically correctness" goes both ways you know, including discussions which we all know to be true, but can never be mentioned on this site.

I think that many of the posters make TV PC.

Somebody could start a thread asking why Thai girls tend to grow their so long only for some numptie to pop-up slamming the thread for being sexist/racist and derogatory to women. Some people really need to lighten up a bit I think.

Indeed.

That's what I mean for "feminazi scourged" :o

I like the way canuckamuck tried to complicate an overly simplified issue by showing that the term PC is meaningless.

If you have spare time, you might read the forum rules and ask yourself why such rules exist.

and to show Sgt. Pepper you can have a Christian signature,

"Love your enemies. Do unto others as you would want others to do to you."

Here we go again, bleating on about Political Correctness when the truth is that few who complain about Political Correctness actually know what it is.

(Wikipedia now register a spike in searches on Political Correctness as TV members go to find out what it is they are actually griping about….. not a bad idea, but it would nice to understand first and complain later….)

I am not sure exactly what PC means, but I have been accused of this when I object to somebody being racist, bigoted, or otherwise hate mongering. The same people who complain about PC also tend to be the same people who complain because they are not allowed to call black people '<deleted>' anymore or those with learning difficulties 'spastics'. I try and avoid the anti-PC crowd as much as possible.

As for TV being PC, you must be joking but there is a lot worse.

Edited by garro

Thanks for clearing that up.

BTW, nice quote. :o

Sgt Pepper, you bring up a valid point. It is quite popular now to be anti-religious, but that does not make anti-religion correct. Buddhism is not the only religion that is protected against slander here. I notice something, though. Most direct quotations of the Buddha, Moses, or Jesus are not argued - just the misinterpretations of such quotations, or the failure of their followers to obey the precepts of those religions. Nobody was more critical of hypocrisy than Jesus, even toward the best Jews of his day.

"Love your enemies...so that you be the children of God."

PC was in it's heyday in the early 90's, especially at my alma mater UCSC, it was intolerable :o

In the late 70's I went to UCSC; it was very politically incorrect back then. Most people were leaning left while the rest of the country was leaning right.

This place is much worse than "politically correct", it is downstraight feminazi scourged.

Oh, I know you're so oppressed. :o I'm sure that even a minority of women with their own opinions on a male owned and dominated site can be quite traumatizing for you. Poor dear.

I like the way canuckamuck tried to complicate an overly simplified issue by showing that the term PC is meaningless.

If you have spare time, you might read the forum rules and ask yourself why such rules exist.

What's complicated is figuring out what this poll even means. And why it moved to Farang pub of all places.

I say we ban the term PC - treat it like an explitive until people start using real words.

How about apparatchik.