Ao Nang For 5 Nights In January

malcolminthemiddle

I appreciate there is loads of hotel/resort information available within the forum, but there's nothing like a first hand recommendation.

If you were staying in Ao Nang for 5 nights in January, had a room budget of Baht 4,000 per night, planned to spend most days out and about sight seeing and wanted to be central within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops for evening walks, where would you stay?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm a little hesitant to recommend the Ao Nang Beach Resort. I love the location and and the rooms are nice, BUT, the last time I stayed there the service had changed a lot. The prices were up and they didn't seem to care if you stayed there or not. It is located right on beach road behind the Woodstock restaurant.

Phranang inn is my best choice as I went there

http://www.phrananginn.com/

Hi Bambina !!!

still looking to grab a bite to eat somewhere with you next time I am in Bangkok. Looks like 6-8 or 7-8, you can fill me in on the latest from Thailand's favorite vet. Aren't you off to Sweden soon?

I'm in Ao nang now, the Phra Nang in burned down last year. But they are rebuilding. Needed some rennovation anyway........

OP- The Sunset Resort is o.k. and reasonable. Krabi Resort same, both centrally located. The Best Western is a nice hotel, I 'm trying to get them to sell my products............I don't know their rates.

Cheers, HB

Phranang inn is my best choice as I went there

http://www.phrananginn.com/

I'm in Ao nang now, the Phra Nang in burned down last year. But they are rebuilding. Needed some rennovation anyway........

The "old" Phra Nang inn burned down. They now have the location across the street, maybe that was the one Bambina was in anyway.

My mistake. Cheers, HB