Child's Expired Foreign Passport

Six weeks prior to my child's passport expiring I contacted the BKK embassy about getting a new one. The Thai mother no longer lives here and was uncontactable at the time. Embassy said it would then take 6 months to approve if at all. Solution suggested: none, up to you.

So I saw my lawyer who said they would sort out closing off the Thai visa and she could stay on her Thai nationality instead. Lawyer despite much harrassment did nothing and the passport and visa expired. I also applied and got a Thai passport for the child so that they could still travel.

I am seeing another lawyer now and awaiting their solution. Thought I would toss it on here though as someone may have an idea of the implications or someone else may encounter the same problem.

The mother has since turned up so I will get an application for new passport signed after all, but there will still be that expired visa in the old passport.

The child is Thai, so it doesn't need a visa to stay in Thailand. There are no implications regarding overstay.

If you want you can inform immigration that your child now has Thai nationality and doesn't need a visa anymore.

Edited by Mario2008

The child is Thai, so it doesn't need a visa to stay in Thailand. There are no implications regarding overstay.

If you want you can inform immigration that your child now has Thai nationality and doesn't need a visa anymore.

Thanks for that Mario, I guess I held off on that not knowing if there would be financial implications or unanticipated complications, pathetic that the first lawyer could offer no solution.