Back To School

Not sure if this is the right forum but as good as any I guess.

My gf left school when she was about 15 (family/money problems). She is by no means unintelligent as she used to have her own car insurance business.

A quick learner she has mastered English pretty well in about a year and a half...when we first met she couldn't even say hello :D

Currently studying English in Bangkok she wants to go back to school/evening classes to get her "matayom 3" certificate. I guess the equivalent of "O" levels in the UK, or high school leaving certificate (I think you get it when you are about 16).

Does anyone know if this is possible? Her teacher has told her she could go to college part/full-time and she seems to think that she could complete the course in about 6 months intensive study.

She seems quite excited about it as not having this certificate rules her out from other courses of study and some jobs.

As always, many thanks in advance. :o

RAZZ

P.S She's 32.

What she is looking for is called "Non-formal Education". Sorry, I can't remember the Thai initials normally used to refer to it. She should ask at the nearest public high school; if it isn't available there, they probably know the nearest location.