Jrd Motorbikes

I've been trying to contact the JRD motorbike showroom in Phuket Town, Phuket, but none of the numbers connect. Now it's become rather more sinister as I get the same recorded phone message for their other offices in Bangkok and Songkla.

Does anyone know if they're still in business? - the weather's too bad today to get out.

geoffphuket

They were still in business about 2 or 3 weeks ago when they cam to collect a mates broken down bike for the upmteenth time..

Of course they didnt have any parts to repair it so hes not got it back yet while he waits weeks for them to make it from bangkok..

Really why would anyone put themselves through it for a JRD ??

They were still in business about 2 or 3 weeks ago when they cam to collect a mates broken down bike for the upmteenth time..

Of course they didnt have any parts to repair it so hes not got it back yet while he waits weeks for them to make it from bangkok..

Doing some investigation, both the showroom and service department in Phuket HAVE GONE and thelephones disconnected in Sonkla and Bangkok. Looks like your mate may have lost his bike. I sent an e-mail to the office in Had Yai which was deleted without being read, so I've now repeated it to every office throught Asia.

Doing some investigation, both the showroom and service department in Phuket HAVE GONE and thelephones disconnected in Sonkla and Bangkok. Looks like your mate may have lost his bike. I sent an e-mail to the office in Had Yai which was deleted without being read, so I've now repeated it to every office throught Asia.

Strange as I spoke to him yesterday and he had talked to them only a day or two before.

Strange as I spoke to him yesterday and he had talked to them only a day or two before.

The JRD Dealer is on Pattaya 3rd Rd is still there. I was there today.... (yes i have one lol)

Just checked their web address in WhoIs and it appears to be privately registered.

This whois service shows the information for .COM, .NET and .ORG domains

The fact that your query returns "NOT FOUND" does not necessarily mean that

the domain may be available for registration. To search all domains, please

go to the shared registry whois located at:

http://www.internic.net/whois.html

"Registrant:

**** BelgiumDomains LLC Privacy Service (JRDMOTORCYCLES-COM-DOM) ****

3109 Grand Avenue PMB 456

Coconut Grove, FL 33133

US

+1.8013064032

+1.8013064032

- http://www.who.is/email.php?domain=jrdmotorcycles.com {modifed due to forum rules}

Domain Name: JRDMOTORCYCLES.COM

Administrative Contact:

BelgiumDomains LLC Privacy Service - http://www.who.is/email.php?domain=jrdmotorcycles.com& {modifed due to forum rules}

Coconut Grove, FL 33133

US

+1.8013064032

Fax- +1.8013064032

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:

BelgiumDomains LLC Privacy Service - http://www.who.is/email.php?domain=jrdmotorcycles.com& {modifed due to forum rules}

Coconut Grove, FL 33133

US

+1.8013064032

Fax- +1.8013064032

Record last updated on 30-Jul-2008.

Record expires on 17-Sep-2008.

Record created on 17-Sep-2002."

Has something happened to them ??

I was with the guy who had his JRD to be fixed.. Hes been waiting on some simple basic parts now for 5 weeks and they are telling him they simply cant get any parts from BKK, as his bike was damaged by someone else JRD are telling him to make a total loss claim against the person who dmagaed it as they seem to have 0 supply chain.

Has JRD gone tits up ?? Or only Phukets JRD ?? What about those Gusto Rumba / JRD / Sachs purchasers, was that not all through the same dealer systems ??

Hi Richard-BKK,

They seem to be cheap enough to buy as kits, but how many you need to buy for that price???

Motorcycles CKD Price For the Export Market

1. 100CC to 125CC US$145
  2. 135CC to 150CC US$165
  3. 150CC to 250CC US$280

Great company! We need about 200 of that sized bike every week. Our Chinese manufacturers cant keep up and those chinese bikes are junk in motion. So... I was told to contact JRD and set them up as a supplier. It has been a real education on just how bad a company can be. After dozens and dozens of calls, we have been continually hung up on, failed to answer phone or simply told to go away. Its the slamming down the phone that so impresses me with just how bad a company can be run. At least the Thailand office tells us we can talk to no one and that no one will return our call, ever, in a most agreeable and pleasant manner.

I could almost understand it if they had a superior product and could not keep up with orders but anyone who has seen a JRD should know better than that....

Amazing Malaysia.

Dear BSJ,

Can you show me the website, or company details, who sells a complete JRD motorcycle for 4750 Baht?

Or are you just talking about engine modify sets?

By the way, the domain you investigated is never been associated with JRD, probably a domain hijacker. The official address is http://www.jrd.com.my/home.htm and it is one of the larger companies in the Southeast Asia automotive industry. If you ride a Honda CBR-125/150 guess where you wheels come from....

With kind regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard-BKK

Hi Richard-BKK, I cannot make the claim the web page is genuine...or not, but it there for you to inspect yourself.

The gateway page was www.jrd.com.my/ so I assumed rightly or wrongly it is genuine. And on return to day the prices are still there!

Ps: They where CKD, I never said assembled. "Motorcycles CKD Price For the Export Market"

JRD Products Motorcycle

Edited by BSJ

• 4 weeks later...

The JRD Dealer is on Pattaya 3rd Rd is still there. I was there today.... (yes i have one lol)

In Phuket ? :o

I'll drive by the CHiang MIa branch tomm and report back.

I've tried talking countless of cheap charlies out of buying this trash, but they keep saying it's only 20k for an auto! why would I want a 10yr dream for 8k?!

Cheers, i was thinking of buying a jrd auto, and was going to ask if anyone knew if they were any good, and i stumbled across this thread, now where was that honda showroom again???

• 1 month later...

JRD Have gone from Khon Kaen all but for a small Bike repair shop setup in Khon Kaen and they get me parts in two weeks without problem from Hat Yai. I have a 150 most parts have been replaced or changed from other makes of Bikes so I can now happily get 100 mph and do 500klm a day for how long i dont know. I think JRD are contracting on the Bike side a bit they seem to do a lot of other things apart from Bikes if you trace the jrd.com.my URL mainly Alloy wheels can anyone else throw light on the bike manufacturing side of things.

Edited by Norv

Our home is not far from a JRD dealership on Rama 2 Rd. in Bangkok, and I need to say that I see more JRD delivery trucks then ever before. Rama 2 is one of the busiest road in Bangkok, and to start noticing delivery trucks and pickups from JRD means they most do good business.

The JRD dealership on Rama 2 is located in a shophouse just around the corner from Suksawat Road, personally I sometimes wonder how they get all bike from outside inside at the evening....

JRD Have gone from Khon Kaen all but for a small Bike repair shop setup in Khon Kaen and they get me parts in two weeks without problem from Hat Yai. I have a 150 most parts have been replaced or changed from other makes of Bikes so I can now happily get 100 mph and do 500klm a day for how long i dont know. I think JRD are contracting on the Bike side a bit they seem to do a lot of other things apart from Bikes if you trace the jrd.com.my URL mainly Alloy wheels can anyone else throw light on the bike manufacturing side of things.

What JRD can do 100mph out of a 150cc scooter !!

The quest 125 will barely go up a hill with me on it and the snow (I thought the only 150 ??) wont go as fast as a bog standard 125 wave or 135 nuovo elegance.

• 5 months later...