Suan Plu Opening And Wait Times

Heading down to Suan Plu for the first time to do a 1 year extension and am not sure what to expect. Trying to plan the best time to arrive and estimate how long I'll be there so I can get other things done that day.

Can anyone let me know if there are normally queues down there at certain times of the day, or should I be in and out in an hour or so ?

Thanks in advance for any tips :o

Five hour queues seem to be normal these days for those arriving after about ten. If you are there before opening you may not have too long a wait; but even then it could be several hours.

:o Ouch.

I am about the same distance from Pattaya. Is it possible to do a 1 year extension from there and what are their wait times like ?

Try to be there well before 8am. If you arrive 1 or 2 hours later you can wait for hours, don't count to do anything extra for that day.

Unfortunately, I have to drop the kids at school in Chon Buri at 8am - that's why I thought it may be best to go to Pattaya instead.

There are three offices listed for Chon Buri on Immigration website - believe Pattaya has a much lower workload than Bangkok.

Pattaya Checkpoint

Amphoe Bang Lamung

Changwat Chon Buri 20260 0 - 3841-0240 [email protected]

Sri Racha Checkpoint

Amphoe Sri Racha

Changwat Chon Buri 20110 0-3831-257 [email protected]

Si Chang Checkpoint

Amphoe Ko Sichang

Changwat Chon Buri 20120 0-3821-6215 [email protected]

Sri Racha is generally a quiet place,

but do bear in mind the new ruling about using your "local" office.

:D Ahah ! - I did not know about that rule.

I live in Bangpakong, which is part of Chachoengsao. I don't think they have an immigration office in Chachoengsao, and Sri Racha is about as close as Bangkok, so I wonder if I'll get away with it ?

Only one way to find out :o

Heading down to Suan Plu for the first time to do a 1 year extension and am not sure what to expect. Trying to plan the best time to arrive and estimate how long I'll be there so I can get other things done that day.

Can anyone let me know if there are normally queues down there at certain times of the day, or should I be in and out in an hour or so ?

Thanks in advance for any tips :o

No doubt you will save time if you arrive early AM.

Lines begin to form at 8am or so [maybe 7:30 even, but I have never come that early]

The first line is in the lobby for your ticket service number for service order.

Desks with agents do not open until 8:30.

For the 1 yr extension you can expect about a min of half an hour for each 10 numbers.

But it can be slower for the 1 yr processing.

Also you will likely only get a one month stamp first and have to come back

next month after 'upper bosses' approve the visa ext. This is normal

for wife visas. That visit can be as short as an hour or less if there early.

You do not need the ticket for this one. You just put your passport in the bin

in the Visa Ext room [straight ahead from the front door], put a plastic number

on it and take the copy and then wait for your number to be called after approval.

Waiting times for 90 day stamp are very fst these days as they have computerized.

Again early morning if there before 8am, you will be in and out in 30 minutes tops

after the desk opens at 8:30.

I was also there four weeks ago - and arrived at 1030 to obtain number 979.

1030 - 919 called

1130 - 931

1230 - 934

1330 - 946

1430 - 960

1530 - 975

Called at 1545 and out at 1555 - total 5 hours and 25 minutes.

was in this morning at 08:00

Out at 09:15

Extension 1 year, marriage visa

All smooth

Did you get a month stamp or the full 1 yr on one visit ?

How many 1 yr marriage extentions have you

had previously ?

Thanks

Edited by paulfr

I arrived around 1 pm on the 14th of July and was turned away. Come back early next time!

I entered the doors when they opened at 8:00 am along with the mob on the 15th of July and was number 12 for the day by the time I got my sticker at the front desk. Room 101 opens at 8:30 am. I had my 12 month permission to stay stamp based on retirement about two hours later.

Good luck.

~WISteve

Thanks for the good advice to arrive early at Suan Plu. On July 31, I got there at 8:10 and was given number 909. It was 8:40 when the first non-business number, 900, was called. Only two officers seemed to be working, so progress was slow. Meanwhile, the room was filling up with people who faced a much longer wait than me. With only nine people ahead of me, my number was finally called at 10:05. I had everything in order, so the retirement visa renewal was quick and painless. I had my stamp for another year by 10:20.