Criminal Record For Retirement Visa?

My old'ish information says you need a criminal record in home country to get a retirement visa - assume that means letter to say no criminal record.

Has anyone ever had to produce this?

Feel that in the UK it will be very hard to get this sort of letter from the police.

On a second point, I assume that if I go for the retirement visa my UK wife can get a non-imm O visa without our both having to have 800,000 Baht?

Thanks

Mark

Criminal record check is usually required if you apply for approved O-A visa for retirement in your home country but is not normally required if you apply in Thailand. Do not believe it is hard to obtain.

If you have a legal marriage your wife can come under your 800k - she will not need another.

That was a fast reply..................!

Will be applying in Chiang Mai - already have a non-imm O in my passport and travel back next week.

I know that the UK police will not give anyone information about your criminal record, not even yourself!

Mark

That was a fast reply..................!

Will be applying in Chiang Mai - already have a non-imm O in my passport and travel back next week.

I know that the UK police will not give anyone information about your criminal record, not even yourself!

Mark

Not true as any British PR applicant will tell you.Police (Data Protection Unit,New Scotland Yard) will give statement to those with London registered addresses (do not have to be current) on receipt of completed form 3019B.For different parts of country application needs to be made to the relevant police authority as opposed to the Met.Statement will say that nothing found on Police National Computer about prosecutions,cautions and conviction history unless of course you do have a criminal record (probably explains why so few Pattaya residents succeed in obtaining PR)

I was wrong.

Just been to the local police station and yes they'll supply the information for £10, but not in time for my departure. I'm about to find out if they will send the reply to me in Thailand. Fingers crossed.

Mark

Just been to the local police station and yes they'll supply the information for £10, but not in time for my departure. I'm about to find out if they will send the reply to me in Thailand. Fingers crossed.
I wouldn't worry. As Lop said, a criminal check would be for getting an O-A visa in the UK (in your case). Have never heard of anyone needing a criminal check to extend an 'O' visa for retirement (or marriage) purposes in Thailand (at least not in Chiang Mai).
My old'ish information says you need a criminal record in home country to get a retirement visa

This only applies if you wish to retire in Australia. :o

If and when you register your address to the British Embassy. They will issue you with a stamped official document declaring that ....There is no information in our consular records to the detriment of the applicant.

This document is worth its weight in gold....As far as Thai officialdom is concerned.

That's as long as you've been a good Boy/Girl in the UK!

Claire. :o

My old'ish information says you need a criminal record in home country to get a retirement visa

Mark

You are confusing Thailand with Australia.

I think even the Aussies have rescinded the requirement for a criminal record. :o

It used to be a compulsory ingredient in the migration process when the Soapdodgers ran the show, but with self government, that system was abandoned.