Teaching Paperwork

Hi folks,

I wonder if any of you good people can advise me...

I worked as a CELTA qualified EFL teacher in Bangkok 2005/6 and I know that for that I needed to have my degree certificate, transcripts and CELTA certificate.

I have since passed a PGCE, completed my NQT year and gained QTS in England. I am now returning to Bangkok to teach EFL again while I look for a job in an international school. What of the following paperwork do I need to bring?

-Certificate of QTS

-Whopping great file containing evidence of meeting the standards during NQT year (which will take up most of my baggage allowance so let me know if you think it's essential or not)

-Transition point meeting forms.

-Final Assessment form.

-Copies of observation notes.

Anything else you can think of that I've missed?

Much obliged for any tips you can give me :o

Police report.

Thanks, Peaceblondie. Do you mean like a Criminal Records Bureau certificate? I think you can only get an enhanced disclosure through a prospective employer? I have one from 2006/7 - do you think that will still be recognised or should I go to the police station and get a regular non-enhanced certificate? Would a regular cert still enable me to work with vulnerables?

many thanks for the advice.

I hardly know Scotland Yard from my back yard, and many Thai administrators do not know where Scotland is, exactly. A non-enhanced cert should be fine, because I doubt they know much about degrees of certs. In most parts of this Kingdom, vulnerables are vulnerable, unfortunately.