Canon Pro 9500 Printer

Jimmyd

I was looking at this very machine only last week at the Canon service centre in Sathorn, BKK.

There's a promotion on this and the Pro9000 currently

9000 @ 15,900thb and 9500 @ 19,900

My opinion was that the 9000 with Canon paper was better for colour than the 9500 which was perfect for B+W but a little "soft" on the colour side.

They have a large amount of test shots printed from both machines and on various papers to help you decide

Tel: 02 344 9888

Edited by The Vulcan

I'll pass on the romantic encounter :o , but maybe you'd post a report on which ever model you buy. I still haven't purchased but would be interested to hear an opinion.

I'm leaning towards the 9000, because I like to print in color. I'm really an amateur, but would like to print some large prints for friends--and hey, it's just money.

I called canon and they said I have to buy through a dealer and gave me the number for World Tech, who said they have it for 16,755 baht or something like that. She then took my email and phone # and said she'd send details, but I have yet to hear from them.

Communicating with Canon and World Tech is not easy in English, so I'm going to have my wife call and talk to them in Thai and I"m also going to email them in English. I'll keep you posted on what happens. I'm delighted with the price cut as this printer is available for $400 in the US--15,900 baht is still more, but less of a gap.

I went to fotofile to buy this printer early this month. I had them make sample print last month and liked it very much. When I had them do samples again it came out in pretty poor quality and they told me that not only you have to change profiling but also best to redo the color callibration every time you change not only the paper but also the ink if you want consistent result (even if it's the same color ink from Canon). And it's well over the price of printer itself if you want color matching/callibraiton device. I got an impression it was more than I can handle without further doing research on this product so I didn't buy it.

Vulcan, do you know how long that promotion lasts? Is that Fotofile price?

• 2 weeks later...
Any advice on where I could buy the above printer would be greatly appreciated.

It's a high-end printer and not available in a lot of places (apparently).

Thanks in advance for any input.

I bought my Pro9500 from shop4thai.com...no promo price, though. It's a world class photoprinter!

When I had them do samples again it came out in pretty poor quality and they told me

that not only you have to change profiling but also best to redo the color callibration every time

you change not only the paper but also the ink if you want consistent result (even if it's the same color ink from Canon).

How much ink/paper do you waste doing the calibration?

Plus the price of the Tool............. :o

How much ink/paper do you waste doing the calibration?

Plus the price of the Tool............. :o

You don't need any ink/paper for calibration but the color calibration device (what they called "Spider") costs more than the cost of printer itself (25,000 Baht).

• 2 months later...
Any advice on where I could buy the above printer would be greatly appreciated.

It's a high-end printer and not available in a lot of places (apparently).

Thanks in advance for any input.

I have been using a P9000 for well over a year now - its great in all respects. If the print head does block -up you can fit a new yourself - no need for a trip to the repair shop. Like all ink jets running costs are quite high so for proof sheets and good Q A4 I use a Cannon LBP5100 - colour laser - its fast and uses bog standard photo paper.

I purchased my P9000 in Ubon for the same price as Pantip.

Cheers