Which Visa For Longest Stay And Most Exits/entries For Australian Passport Holder With No Rental Contract Or Thai Job Offer

Hi there problem solvers!,

I am a 28 year old male with an Australian passport and am a little confused regarding the Thai Visa regulations.

I am flying into BKK on 5th October and hoping to be in Sth East Asia for approximately 9 months.

Nothing is planned, I'm basically winging it on a whim.

Now I have checked on the 'Non Immigrant O Visa' and I dont believe I can get this because I dont have a rental contract for a property or a job offer from a company in Thailand.

With the 'Double Entry Tourist Visa', if after 10 days in Thailand I decide to go to Malaysia, 1 of my entry's has then been used and is finished. And I do know I can stay for 90 days in 180 days on the 'Visa Exempt Plan'.

My question is ; can I get the 'Double Entry Visa' and then once I have used the two periods (2 x 60 days), am I still eligible for the 30 day 'Visa Exempt' (3 x 30 days)?

So, 60 days then leave Thailand, return for another 60 days, 30 days then leave, 30 days then leave, and finally 30 more days and then leave?

I hope this makes sense and somebody can advise me?

Cheers in advance, Greg.

There are other reasons for getting a Non O Visa, such as Thai Wife or family, but you probably don't have either of those.

Some consulates will issue one to visit friends. They do in England . Don't know about Aus.

Each entry of a Tourist Visa can be extended for 30 days at Immigration in Thailand.

You can always get more Tourist Visas in Asia.

Yes you can also do the 30day entry up to a total of 90 days in 6 months.

Whatever you do you will have to start with a Visa if you have a one way ticket or the Airline may not let you on the flight.

The 60 days tourist visa can be extended by 30 days for 1900 baht at an immigration office.

If after 10 days you want to go to another country, you can get a re-entry permit. That means your permitted to stay stamp in Thailand remains valid.

cheers for the replies guys!

just to recap, ill go for the 'double entry tourist visa' which will give me 60 + 60 days

+

then i can still get 3 x 30 day visa exempt entry's?

normally i land in BKK and get the 'visa exempt entry' but also carry with me a cheap Air Asia ticket which is not normally used.

cheers again.

The double entry will give you 60 + 60 days, and don't count towars the 90 days in 6 months visa exempt entries.

The tourist visa entries of 60 days can each be extended in Thailand by 30 days for 1900 baht at an immigration office.