Suvarnabhumi Airport To Nakhon Sawan Meter Taxi

it will still need bargaining (haggling if you like) to make a price, they wont do that on the meter nor are they obliged to. As a rough approx longer distance tend to cost 10 bt/km, rounded to next 100. You likely know better as i do what the actual distance is. A quote top kohorat (some 220 kms or so) was about 2500 a few weeks/month ago-before the latest hike.

Most people doing those long trips tend to have relatives/family or so there; those are the folds to ask about and to organise a car/van from there for collect.

it will still need bargaining (haggling if you like) to make a price, they wont do that on the meter nor are they obliged to. As a rough approx longer distance tend to cost 10 bt/km, rounded to next 100. You likely know better as i do what the actual distance is. A quote top kohorat (some 220 kms or so) was about 2500 a few weeks/month ago-before the latest hike.

Most people doing those long trips tend to have relatives/family or so there; those are the folds to ask about and to organise a car/van from there for collect.

Thanks for your informitive reply Asanee, im just looking at my options for october trip, another option is 700bht fare from Chatuchak gardens for 3 seats on air conditioned mini bus( 2 seats for my friend and myself, one for luggage)

James

Hi guys. I'm looking at a few options for journey to Nakhon Sawan, any b/m any idea what it would cost me from airport to Nakhon Sawan in metered taxi??

any other suggestions i would be grateful.

Meter taxi should be last resort, IMHO. You can get a flat rate driver for less than a taxi. But either of these should be used only if time if of the essence. The easiest way to Nakhon Sawan is to take the Northern Line train, either from Hua Lamphong or from Don Meuang. It definitely takes longer by train, but it is also probably only about 2% of the cost of hiring a chauffeur.

http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_HTML.asp

If you are going to hire a driver, then make sure you have a map in hand showing exactly where you want to go and the route you want to take. Made that mistake on one of my first trips to LoS and while I was dozing off, the driver made a wrong turn and went 30-40 miles in the wrong direction before I woke up a realized what was up. He didn't charge me any more, but the lost two hours sort of defeated the purpose of hiring him in the first place.

Mr. T's contact details are in this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suvarnabhumi...ya-t201343.html

Telephone or e-mail him, you might be pleasantly surprised.

When we moved from Jomtien to Udon in Feb. '06, we used one of his mini-vans and drivers to transport me and my wife

and some personal items we didn't want traveling in the large moving truck.

Jomtien to Udon (approx. 9 hours w/stops), 6000 baht.

Hi guys. I'm looking at a few options for journey to Nakhon Sawan, any b/m any idea what it would cost me from airport to Nakhon Sawan in metered taxi??

any other suggestions i would be grateful.

James

FWIW, fares have gone up quite a bit. You're probably looking at ~5K baht. I know someone who can take you in a 4 door late model Vigo for cost of diesel + a bit extra for their time. PM me for info.