Common Question About The 360

GangsterOfLove

I'm sure this question has been incessantly asked before, but I'm new to Thailand, living in Bangkok right now after moving here from Houston, TX. Anyways, the story is: I fried my 360 Power Supply when I foolishly plugged the PSU into a 220V because I was completely misinformed about the voltage difference. I ended up frying the power brick, the fuse was sparked and it's not longer working. The question I'm asking is will I be able to plug a power brick bought from here in Thailand that's 220V into my 360? Or is there a place to find an original 110V so I can plug it into the surge protector?

Many thanks.

I'm not sure if you can buy one of those power bricks seperately, but I bought my 360 here and it works fine without a converter or surge protector, so my guess would be that you can just use a new power brick purchased here, yes.

I'm not sure if you can buy one of those power bricks seperately, but I bought my 360 here and it works fine without a converter or surge protector, so my guess would be that you can just use a new power brick purchased here, yes.

Is your box 220V or 110V?

Most likely 220V, i'm not at home right now and won't be until Friday. I'd take the guy who posted after me's advice.

1) get the fried brick refurbished in saphan lek or panthip. shouldnt cost more than 500 thb

2) pay upwards of $50-75 for a new one

very much doubt youll find one in mbk or panthip.

Edited by samsara

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Reimar
Where's the place to buy it at Panthip? I'm going down there tomorrow.

On the Ground Floor at Ronnies Game Shop, which is on the left back side. He's dealing with XBox, WII pp. and repair as well. His Shop Phoner is: 0 22550792 form 11.00 til 20.00 h

Cheers.

GangsterOfLove, you can use a 220 V power supply for the USA xbox360 , I repair game consoles and have repaired blown up powersupplies for the Wii and the Xbox360 when the owner forgets to use the 220/110V voltage transformer.

Edited by Khun Jack

<br />Have you tried it? Will it fry my American Xbox?<br />

for a question of costs, most manufacturers are building mutli voltage PSU, even the first playstation 3 relased in japan wich is not advertised that way is 110-220 capable.

so to come back to your point, the block is just transforming alternate 220v into Continuous xV to supply the motherboard of your 360 so there's no problem :o

• 1 year later...

How did you go, Gangster?

I bought an unauthorized xbox 360 power supply and it just died after less than 2 weeks.

Can you let me know if you found a power brick and how much you paid?

I was quoted everything from 2,200 up to 4,500 (!) for one, but foolishly chose the bootleg one for 1700 :)