Website Development & Networking

stopper

I am a farang who wants to set up a new website for my business in Thailand. The problem seems to be finding someone who speaks English that can do the project for me. It is quite technical because I need an advanced shopping cart system and help networking the PCs. Anyone care to share their experiences within Thailand or point me in the right direction?

It can be difficult to locate an IT professional in Thailand who can communicate with you effectively. I know how frustrated you must feel. Siam International Legal Group provides IT Services with our English speaking IT staff. Our IT professionals are highly qualified. They hold advanced degrees in computer science and the latest IT certifications, including MCSD.net, MCP etc. They also have extensive experience in the design and development of software. Here are a few areas of services we provide:

Web Design and Development

Search Engine Optimization

Database Driven web sites and web applications.

Content Management Systems and Portal Systems

Intranet Design and Development

Ecommerce - Paypal, Other International and Thai Payment Gateways (Accept payment in Thai Bahts)

Custom software Development

Client Server Application Development

Distributed Application Development

Microsoft.Net Development

System Designing and Networking - Local Area Networks.

Information Security

Vulnerability testing/Ethical Hacks

Managed Security Services like patch management, firewall management, anti virus management etc.

Alongkot

Siam International Legal Group

www.siam-legal.com

[email protected]

I am guessing you may be in BKK and so cannot offer much as your not in my region but some words of advice..

The PC networking / server admin / office setup is different from your website and webwork and unless hosting yourself you should be able to seperate the two, finding a netwrk installer should not be too tough and for a SME operation you dont need a serious sysadmin IMHO just a good internal network and well updated firewall.

For the webwork, how complex a cart do you need ?? I have a good relationship with a design firm in singapore (global but with a singapore office) who can do some very complex PHP work.

I have had mixed success when dealing with elance and other freelance sites.. One thing I think is common is to offer a low low price that seems apealing (good porfolio etc) but once you start work theres lots of additionals that keep adding to the overall bill. Cause you have already invested in getting to that stage it is not cost effective to try to change to a new firm. Always ask if you can contact previous clients to see how happy they were with the after sales service etc.

With any design firm try to find someone that wants to build a good client relationship, having a site done rolled out and paid for, and then hard or expensive to adjust or alter is a PITA.