Two Chinese Tourists Caught Smoking Marijuana

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: July 29th 2008

Two Chinese Tourists caught smoking Marijuana in Disco Car Park.

Some Tourists come to Thailand and are now aware of the laws of the Kingdom. This can sometimes lead to encounters with the Police which is exactly what happened in this case which started at the Car Park of the Star Dice Pub located in Naklua.

Police Major Witaya from Pattaya Police Station was called to the location just after 2am on Tuesday following reports of two foreigners smoking Marijuana in the Car Park. Marijuana is a class 5 narcotic here in Thailand and possession of it can lead to imprisonment and even deportation from Thailand for foreigners caught with the drug.

Mr. Looi Chang aged 32 and Mr. Gobai Pow of the same age, both Chinese Nationals were taken to Pattaya Police Station and claimed they were unaware that Marijuana was illegal here in Thailand. The Police did not accept their excuse for smoking and possessing the drug and the pair were locked up pending a court appearance.

I wonder just how they got caught.

Stardice staff or moto-taxi drivers observe rich looking Chinese tourists smoking weed in the parking lot...call police...police take offenders to station..."fine" is paid...commission is kicked-back to Stardice or moto driver. I think this is all part of the Pattaya Volunteer Tourist Police program...you know, to protect and serve and all that blather.

• 1 month later...
I wonder just how they got caught.

Stardice staff or moto-taxi drivers observe rich looking Chinese tourists smoking weed in the parking lot...call police...police take offenders to station..."fine" is paid...commission is kicked-back to Stardice or moto driver. I think this is all part of the Pattaya Volunteer Tourist Police program...you know, to protect and serve and all that blather.

fine probably same amount they had in cash and savings

• 3 weeks later...