Farang Attitudes

BigLou

Well, I like Pattaya regardless of its downside.

I've toured all over Thailand and nowhere there is without its downside if you choose to think negatively.

It depends very much on your attitude and your expectations.

Anyway, I still haven't found a place that's better for a good cheap chill out, which is why I still go there.

It has an awfully big downside.

What a load of crap you just posted.

You go there for a lay, simple as that mate.

Who me?

If I were desperate to lay a Thai woman there's a knocking shop full of them behind our DIY supermarket.

Do I frequent it? No!!!

I prefer the one with the Russian girls.

Can you provide address please. I just want to see for myself :o

With pleasure - OBI Baumarkt, Gadebuscherstrasse, Schwerin, Germany.

And it's well lit at night, you can't miss it.

I have read a lot about Farangs with bad attitudes in chiang mai and thailand in general. Well I hope most of the bad stuff I read is not true

It is true, almost everyday i experience, in one way or another some farangs having a bad attitude problem, not seldom are they brits...

<deleted> has British got to do with attitude?

I know plenty of people world wide with attitude.

Ah, yes, pick on the Brits!!!! (unprintable words here) :D

Yeah, i apologize to brits who are good people, yeah, i know there are plenty of them, however, whenever i bump into a loud argument/fight about something, usually a thai vs a farang, i would have to say, it is probably 65-70% of the time a brit, the rest is divided among all other farang countries. I have witnessed quit a few times an angry brit cursing at some thai employee in restaurants, café, foodland, tops market, telling them they are stupid etc, too many times to not recognize it, embaressing to say the least

I have to agree, it's mostly Brits................. They were born in Britain, though when you talk to them, their Mama and Papa are American, French, Dutch etc, who emigrated there. :o

Might as well spread the sarcasm :D

BigLou: Don't worry too much. Most sensible Thai people have recognized long ago that American are the best farangs to have around.

Avoid the cesspools of the tourist havens.

If you aren't here on a mission to destroy your liver as many of the german and brit denizens of Thailand seem intent upon you will likely avoid 90% of the "ugly farang" syndrome.

Bear in mind the slower pace of life here and the inherent xenophobia within this country.

Most foreigners who have problems here are the ones who have failed to grasp that difficulties aren't handled effectively through noisy confrontations.

Don't worry be happy.

"Bad attitude" is open to interpretation.

Yes as everything else in life, what i was referring to is simply people who are not only unwilling to adept, but also makes a big thing out of it, and on top of that, also are not afraid to be provocative, obnoxious and aggressive about it.

So for example a drunk american who has not yet understood the importance of not pointing his feet towards a person would not be included as person with bad attitude, oblivious, naive or ingorant, but not necessary bad attitude.

However, a loud obnoxious tomato red faced brit who are screaming and yelling to a thai employee at Foodland telling them how stupid they are because they dont understand his accent, would be considered one of the people with bad attitude. As i said, i have seen this so many times i have lost count, but it is always totally embarrassing, i never get used to seeing these farts making an ass out of themselves.

And a "bad attitude," however you define it, is not confined to Brits (as one poster posted)or any other group.

As much as i can say, a lot of indian people here are involve in the tailor business, even though most indians in total probably never owned or work in a tailor shop.

In the same way i can say some people seem more likely to be <deleted> than others, i have never ever seen an indian guy cursing and making a scene about how stupid thais are, i have never seen germans do it, i have never seen the chinese do it, but i have lost count how many times i have seen a brit do it.

I have read a lot about Farangs with bad attitudes in chiang mai and thailand in general. Well I hope most of the bad stuff I read is not true

It is true, almost everyday i experience, in one way or another some farangs having a bad attitude problem, not seldom are they brits...

<deleted> has British got to do with attitude?

I know plenty of people world wide with attitude.

Ah, yes, pick on the Brits!!!! (unprintable words here) :o

And i will once again make it clear, most brits are not like that, BUT, out of people who are showing bad attitude/behavior, a noticeable amount of them are brits.

No No No......it has nothing to do with bad attitude, its simple....it seems that if you stand up for what you believe in (like saying something when you just got cut off by a thai in line cause he was too rude to wait) then you have an attitude, if you get mad cause you are charged way more than you should, then you have an attitude problem, if you get mad cause the cops stop you for anything and everything, then you also have an attitude problem.......and if you are sick and tired of seeing these-eurotrash-shirtless-speedo-wearing-ladyboy liking-farang....then i guess you have a attitude problem too.

hahahahaha its true.