Business Partner On Overstay Due To Hospitalization

I have a business partner who is on a 3 three week overstay due to being hospitalized for 4 weeks and counting. He was on a 30 day arrival stamp.

Problem is that business is not nearly concluded and he when released in the next day or two will be too weak to travel to any border to go get a new 30 day stamp, and he desperately needs to have another 30 days for sure, but possibly 40 more days to sew up all the business formalities. Too many hours back and forth to the border is just not viable.

Does Bumrungrad have an in house immigration desk or do they bend over backwards for in/out patients to clear up visa legalities with immigration at Suu Amphlu?

1. Will he have to pay the daily fine or will it be waived?

2. Is it 500 baht per day if he has to pay?

3. How is it possible without leaving the country to get an additional 30 days from immigration?

4. How many consecutive 30 day stamps are allowed in a row before he will have to sit out for 180days or get a tourist or non b visa?

Thanks for the help. I just haven’t been paying attention to the latest visa developments lately. I will start to pay more attention now because coming up in the next two months I will be going back one more time for my yearly visa extension for not married and under 50.

Peace

Uncletom

1. Expect him to have to pay the fine, but maybe the hospital can help.

2. Overstay is 500 baht per day, with a maximum of 20,000 baht.

3. It is not possible. The maximum extension one can get is 7 days, if shown a ticket outside the country within 7 days.

4. You can come to thailand for a maximum of 90 days in a 6 month period (starting the first time you entered) on visa exempt entries. So a maximum of 3 times 30 days. But For instance 9 times 10 days is also fine, as long you don't stay longer than 30 days per entry.

Edited by Mario2008

I know here in Pattaya immigration will accept a letter from the hospitals stating you have been an inpatient from/to and therefore do not charge overstay. He may also want to ask the hospital to certify he is unfit to travel for x number of days and try that wiht immigration.

I was a patient in Bangkok/Pattaya in 2006 , they arranged an extension Visa for me at the Hospital & if I had needed another when I was an outpatient they would have supplied a letter to ensure it was all OK.

Most of the reputable Hospitals have that facility arrangement.

I have a business partner who is on a 3 three week overstay due to being hospitalized for 4 weeks and counting. He was on a 30 day arrival stamp.

Problem is that business is not nearly concluded and he when released in the next day or two will be too weak to travel to any border to go get a new 30 day stamp, and he desperately needs to have another 30 days for sure, but possibly 40 more days to sew up all the business formalities. Too many hours back and forth to the border is just not viable.

Does Bumrungrad have an in house immigration desk or do they bend over backwards for in/out patients to clear up visa legalities with immigration at Suu Amphlu?

1. Will he have to pay the daily fine or will it be waived?

2. Is it 500 baht per day if he has to pay?

3. How is it possible without leaving the country to get an additional 30 days from immigration?

4. How many consecutive 30 day stamps are allowed in a row before he will have to sit out for 180days or get a tourist or non b visa?

Thanks for the help. I just haven't been paying attention to the latest visa developments lately. I will start to pay more attention now because coming up in the next two months I will be going back one more time for my yearly visa extension for not married and under 50.

Peace

Uncletom

Very easy. If he is hospitalized at Bumrungrad then some of the assistant nurses or assitant clerks can manage the visa extension for him as Immigration has an office in that building. I had friend here in February who got a serious inflamation and needed treatement. He got out after 9 Days and was granted another 30 to remain in the country. He signed some papers and paid a small fee, but certainly no fine.

a freind of mine had a 2 month over stay due to an accident requiring brain sergery ,had a letter from the hospital and the local reperentative from the british embassy ,and they still charged him overstay of 20000b

Thanks for the input people. It confirms my thinking that more than likely that the hospital, especially Bumrungrad can work to negate any overstay that has occured while a patient has been under their care. Makes sense to me. I really like the part of being given an additonal 30 days, but on this one lets see if they can swing that. For someone who hasn't been able to enjoy the enitire 30 days originally given, I would hope that they would just start it from scratch for him by giving another 30 days counting as the original, but more than likely it will count towards the 90 day limit now having 60.

The fee would be for the extension i would presume. But, having no fine is just dandy!!!

Anyone else have anything more to add or another story of their own, please don't hesitate to write it in. I will give a follow up on this one after the fat lady has sung.

Thanks

a friend of mine had to stay in hospital(samui inter) for two months, the hospital manage an extension of 2-3 month on his single entry non-B but they did it before he was on overstay.

Nothing to worry about - no overstay fine to pay - no overstay stamp in passport: just go about things the right way.

Most hospital admin departments have experiance handling these matters on behalf of ex-pats and are quite happy to do so - just ask.