Have You Developed Hatred Towards The West?

MonkeyHouse

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[The US has no social services and it's educational system is a joke. I know this because I read ThaiVisa and talk to Europeans regularly.

US educational system is a joke?

Up to the high school level may be, but beyond that - the US education system and its universities are still among the best in the world. Stop listening to those american haters where most of them have neither direct knowledge nor experiences themselves in the american educational system.

Maybe America has a clean park or two.

make that.....at least one or two dozen, in just one state alone

you're a joke !!

the US uni's ain't that bad, but nothing compared to the level of EU uni's

keeping using that multiple choice system, otherwise the results might show how much the US is behind EU, you can't have that of course ...

78% of Americans believe in God ... say no more ...

some day you guys will find out that the reason why you had 9/11 is very similar to what Hitler did ... think about it ...

Phukit, you are obviously a shining example of the EU "uni" system. Do you still have any teeth left?

[The US has no social services and it's educational system is a joke. I know this because I read ThaiVisa and talk to Europeans regularly.

Up to the high school level may be, but beyond that - the US education system and its universities are still among the best in the world. Stop listening to those american haters where most of them have neither direct knowledge nor experiences themselves in the american educational system.

you're a joke !!

the US uni's ain't that bad, but nothing compared to the level of EU uni's

keeping using that multiple choice system, otherwise the results might show how much the US is behind EU, you can't have that of course ...

78% of Americans believe in God ... say no more ...

some day you guys will find out that the reason why you had 9/11 is very similar to what Hitler did ... think about it ...

Phukit, you are obviously a shining example of the EU "uni" system. Do you still have any teeth left?

Phukit, got his Master's Degree from the EU uni system in English back when capital letters hadn't been invented yet. :o

Must be something very wrong fro someone to "hate" the land of there birth. Not agreeing with the politics, whinging & bitching about the west doesn't equate to hating it.

<deleted> has universities got to do with the topic anyway?????????

After reading a sentence today on thaivisa it made me think that many farangs who live in thailand have delevoped a hatred towards the west.

I must admit i hate the weather in my home country but i wouldnt go as far as saying i hate the west (western style life) just yet anyway.

Does anyone here feel hatred?

:o Hatred, no but I have been known to be annoyed by idots who presume just because they are a

______________ (fill in blank with nationality-- British, American, German, other) they can criticise Thailand without knowing anything about the country or culture after a _____________ (1 week, 2 week, 30 day) visit to ___________ (Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui, other).

Stupid statements like:

1. The pizza in Bangkok isn't as good as the pizza in New York.

2. You can't get real Mexican food in Thailand.

3. The staff in the hotel didn't speak English well enough.

are the type of things that get my goat.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Stupid statements like:

Number one is completely true and number two is almost true. Miguel's Mexican Cafe in Chiang Mai has the real deal.

No stupid statements here. :o

I must admit i hate the weather in my home country but i wouldnt go as far as saying i hate the west (western style life) just yet anyway.

When i'm in LOS for an extended period of time my dislike of the British/EU superstate weakens.

But my hatred of the Lib-Lab-Con establishment reaches maximum levels the second i land at Heathrow and see all the immigrants that have now taken over this country in the British passport queue, then i get questioned by some Polish girl about where ive been and where am i going before theyll let me back in. (This is called freedom!)

Furthermore my hatred of the European Union weakens when im in LOS, its a fascist regime and is intent on creating a communist super state and no electorate will stop it, Sarkozy who is a fool and the nicest thing i could wish him is an early death will make sure of this.

Thank you god! The Brits have always been the masters of irony and this post proves it! Us immigrants live here on a sense of humour and posts like this remind me that, at times, I'm glad to be British!

Stupid statements like:

Number one is completely true and number two is almost true. Miguel's Mexican Cafe in Chiang Mai has the real deal.

Statement #1 is sort of stupid because it's sort of absurd to expect the pizza in Bangkok to be on par with Lombardi's in New York or with Pepe's in New Haven. Actually, I take that back, it's flat-out stupid.

Statement #2 is stupid for much the same reason, perhaps the complainer should have gone to Mexico instead of Thailand.

Edited by OriginalPoster

After reading a sentence today on thaivisa it made me think that many farangs who live in thailand have delevoped a hatred towards the west.

Well I used to really like Americans, but I don't anymore.

Life is more real for me out here, very much harder, Westerners start to look a bit weak and spoilt. I don't like the hype, spin, and mania from the West and the terror rhetoric either.

Is that what you mean?

Life is more real for me out here, very much harder, Westerners start to look a bit weak and spoilt. I don't like the hype, spin, and mania from the West and the terror rhetoric either.

Is that what you mean?

I was just interested to find out peoples views as i know from what alot of farang who have moved to thailand (not just thailand) have become anti west!

You're 100% right on that sentence i have highlighted though.

Edited by MonkeyHouse

Stupid statements like:

Statement #1 is sort of stupid because it's sort of absurd to expect the pizza in Bangkok to be on par with Lombardi's in New York or with Pepe's in New Haven. Actually, I take that back, it's flat-out stupid.

Statement #2 is stupid for much the same reason, perhaps the complainer should have gone to Mexico instead of Thailand.

Stupid why?

Why couldn't pizza in Bangkok be as good as other countries? There are a ton of great Italian restaurants around and you can get great pizzas in Vietnam.

You can get real Indian/ American/British/ Middle Eastern food here and Miguel's Mexican in Chiang Mai is authentic Mexican and pretty tasty as well (although it would not be considered more than passable on Mission Street in San Francisco).

Is that what you mean?

I was just interested to find out peoples views as i know from what alot of farang who have moved to thailand (not just thailand) have become anti west!

Well, monkeyhouse, despite your continued determination to get this topic back on topic it seems some are determined to air their prejudices.

Shall we give it one more shot before giving up?

Nothing like living in someone else's culture to give a bit of perspective (and appreciation) on your own. Anyone finding themselves "hating" Western culture by definition hates themselves. Although Western misanthropes in Thailand are not too difficult to find. :o

I was recently back in the U.S.S.A. after being in Thailand two years. I had a great time but I realized I was becoming an alien there and I really did feel like I was visiting a place that wasn't home anymore. I had a great time and want to visit again, but what I am really developing, which I think is very common among long term expats, is a FEAR of having to return to the west, rather than a hatred of it.

Is that what you mean?

Well, monkeyhouse, despite your continued determination to get this topic back on topic it seems some are determined to air their prejudices.

I will leave that up to you sbk

Edited by MonkeyHouse

I love my home country. Always will. It's the best. I would never run my country down and I get a little peeved when anyone does. But I choose to live here I am here and have settled in as much as any alien can on a 12 month visa (what a joke) (even though I'm married to a Thai).

It's a bit like this, Thais dislike me saying anything negative about their country (justified or not), therefore I don't like them saying anything negative about my home country.

Back to the OP it seems as if many on this forum have gained a dislike of the USA whilst living in LOS.

although it has been mentioned over and over i can't help it to point out again that this is a misinterpretation. disliking U.S. government policies does not mean disliking the country or its citizens!

Perhaps you feel this way, but a lot of your Thai Visa comrades hate Americans AND America. :o

Why would anyone hat americans? i mean hate the country for maybe what it stands, but dont hate the people like ALL of them are the same no, but i guess me being an american I can say I dont like english, jews,indians,thais,and russians.....would that be nice to say? NO. so pls dont say you dont like Americans, if you hate what the country stands for then talk about the government, and like every place on this earth, every country has their faults, ones more than others though.

Although I care less about your statements.. I must direct you to the internet for "proof".. The US education system is / was ranked 27th in the world last year..

The Sky is falling, the housing market is flucked and the country has never been in such poor shape financially since the 1930's..

Other than that.. Its war as per usual..

:D

Being ranked 27th in the world is not that bad, considering there are thousands universities out there around the world.

I think most america bashing come from those people who still confuse between…

the america as the government and its foreign policy - VS - its country's citizens, which are the real everyday american themselves.

So it's pointless discussion for me to continue participating at this point.

I like Americans and I realize the diffference in what you have written above... but at least 51% of the people voted for him and then 4 years later = voted again!!! :D

Anyway.. lets hope Obama saves you guys from certain global detention.. :o

Although I care less about your statements.. I must direct you to the internet for "proof".. The US education system is / was ranked 27th in the world last year..

The Sky is falling, the housing market is flucked and the country has never been in such poor shape financially since the 1930's..

Other than that.. Its war as per usual..

The American educational system varies, depending on what is measured. Our public grade school system surely lags behind other Western and industrialized countries, but then again we also have far more immigrants and other historical social issues to assimilate than other Western countries that have been largely homogenous until relatively recently (1950s and after).

Secondly, our universities are indisputably among the best in the world by all measures, and that includes private and hugely endowed Harvard University and the public University of California system with Berkeley as its flagship school. American universities still dominate the THES QS Top University rankings even after they changed their methodology to favor non-U.S. schools, with over one quarter of the best universities in the world residing in the U.S.

http://www.topuniversities.com/worlduniver...ity_rankings-1/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7011901360.html

But I am much more appreciative now that I am a US citizen with access to it's social services, colleges and beautiful clean parks.

The US has no social services and it's educational system is a joke. I know this because I read ThaiVisa and talk to Europoeans regularly. Maybe America has a clean park or two. You can't be from San Francisco, you must be a Republican glued to Fox News.

A fluffy liberal who is so enlightened and watches CNN and the BBC, please write more posts for us people who dont know better then to watch Fox News, which of all the global news stations is most open to debate despite being from a centre right stand point.

I would hate to think that you really believe this. If people want to watch whatever Fox 'News' then that is fair enough, but I'm sorry this type of comment is just a joke. 'Most open to debate' - my arse. All News programs have a bias, but I think Fox just appeals to the lowest common denominator and can't be viewed as a serious venue to become informed about world affairs. Of course some people are not really concerned about any attempt at fairness and for them Fox is probably ideal. I would class Fox as a celebration of ignorance, but good luck to you. I see Fox as being very similar to 'The Sun' in England - you would never admit to reading it in front of somebody with half a brain in case they judged you a moron.

:D So now the U.S.-bashing thread has turned into a Fox-bashing thread. Can't the anti-U.S. & liberal posters stay on topic?

You remind me of the "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up," geriatric commercials. Only in your case is, "Help! I've got a one-track mind, and I can't help turning every thread into my pet peeve..." Get a life. :o

Maybe you should wake up and smell the coffee.. (still makes me laugh that 10,000 people will march becuase the closure of a Starbucks!)..

Ah the good ole USA.. Hated every day by 90% of the world... SOM NUM NA! :D

You reap what you sow unfortunately.. so now turn your frustrations towards your government as we are just bystanders looking on.

Thats what happens to bullies, they are beaten down in the end.. The world is just making sure the US will go broke.. easy fix!

carry on.. nothing to see here!

First of all, the people protesting the closure of more than 600 Starbucks franchises are baristas represented by their union, who are about to be out of a job and severance pay in a grim economy, with no automatic social benefits, such as in the UK. The last I heard, the f*cking English were rioting over the fact that they couldn't continue to drink alcohol while commuting through the underground, so spare me your sanctimonious condescension on the fact that workers are organizing for economic survival. If you represent a proportion of the supposed 90% who hate us, then I'm fairly certain that we have even less to worry about than feared.

And yes, all bullies are beaten down, including the ones that we beat down in our short history to become an independent country. :D

http://www.starbucksunion.org/blog/2

Mall of America Starbucks Baristas Walk Off Job, Protest Closures

I would class Fox as a celebration of ignorance

Great observation.

Seconded.

ok! :D

Is that what you mean?

I will leave that up to you sbk

Looks like its time.

//CLOSED//