What Is The Quickest Way To Phuket

I just drove to Phuket and back (done it many times).You have two routes.

I suggest , Take the Newer Dual Highway (Route 401) you will see a large Green Highway sign KRABI, So after you leave from Donsak Ferry terminal on the Mainland and head towards Suratthani after around 50-60 mins drive heading to Suratthani you will see the turn off. (you have gone to far if you end up in Town) Otherwise If you head into Suratthani then you end up taking the older route which I think is shorter in total distance but takes much longer!! because of traffic, trucks, bad roads.

The newer route is very straight it has 4 lanes, oh and use Seatran Ferry as they have nicer/comfortable waiting area, air con shops etc. And you can reserve place via atm payment. (otherwise have to be at the Ferry 3 hours before depart) big que

If you are not using your own transport, use the public bus from Suratthani. I don't advise the minibus, where customers are regularly ripped off when they get to Phuket, dumped outside Phuket Town where the driver will demand an extra fee to take you any further.

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest , Take the Newer Dual Highway (Route 401) you will see a large Green Highway sign KRABI, So after you leave from Donsak Ferry terminal on the Mainland and head towards Suratthani after around 50-60 mins drive heading to Suratthani you will see the turn off. (you have gone to far if you end up in Town) Otherwise If you head into Suratthani then you end up taking the older route which I think is shorter in total distance but takes much longer!! because of traffic, trucks, bad roads.

The newer route is very straight it has 4 lanes, oh and use Seatran Ferry as they have nicer/comfortable waiting area, air con shops etc. And you can reserve place via atm payment. (otherwise have to be at the Ferry 3 hours before depart) big que

How do you book the Seatran Ferry in advance? We'll be going other direction first Donsak to Samui. Don't understand how you reserve place via atm payment - can you clarify? thanks

If you do not have a car you can get on a ferry without waiting no problem.

If you do have a car it is possible to reserve a space if you are sure what time you will be at the ferry port.

I usually don't book and usually wait less than 2 hours to get my car on ( i take a good book and have lunch at the pier cafe :o )

How do you book the Seatran Ferry in advance? We'll be going other direction first Donsak to Samui. Don't understand how you reserve place via atm payment - can you clarify? thanks

unless you are a member, the only way to book in advance is via the ATM

You can only book through the yellow Bank ATMS

tx

tx

sorry I'm prob sounding really thick here - but a "member" of what please? Are you saying you can book via Bank of Ayudha ATMs? Is there some kind of functionality on the ATMs? Could someone give more detail as we've never travelled to Samui before. (We do have Bank of Ayudha accounts.) thanks in advance!!

tx

sorry I'm prob sounding really thick here - but a "member" of what please? Are you saying you can book via Bank of Ayudha ATMs? Is there some kind of functionality on the ATMs? Could someone give more detail as we've never travelled to Samui before. (We do have Bank of Ayudha accounts.) thanks in advance!!

First you have to call Seatrans booking center to get the code, afterwards just follow the instructions on the BoA ATM to get the receive, which you bring to the pier...no need to be a member for that.

Members (I think 1,500 Baht) can then reserve and turn up only 30 mins before, they are first on with their own que. Note I have done this trip again very recently (I am not member) and arrived 2pm and didnt get on until 7pm! I have been in the past and got straight on so will depend on if holidays, weekends etc.