Kittens For Sale At Chatuchak

Next week we are going to Bangkok with some friends.

They have been looking for a small kitten and wondered about Chatuchak.

They were after a Bengal kitten but were quoted 40k baht by a breeder in Bangkok !

Would anyone know if Chatuchak has Bengals and also Norwegian Forest and/or Ragdoll ? Or does anyone know any breeders in Bangkok that have Norwegian Forest or Ragdoll ? On the internet the nearest for these two breeds seems to be Australia !

We know Chatuchak has a dodgy reputation so they would be very cautious about buying.

Thanks for any info.

Hi, Ive already enquired abt Bengals and there are only 2 breeders in Bkk.

www.siambengals.com <--- dats one of them

You may check www.kimburu.net for breeders around thats listed. Chatuchak dont sell bengals at all, ive checked.

Next week we are going to Bangkok with some friends.

They have been looking for a small kitten and wondered about Chatuchak.

They were after a Bengal kitten but were quoted 40k baht by a breeder in Bangkok !

Would anyone know if Chatuchak has Bengals and also Norwegian Forest and/or Ragdoll ? Or does anyone know any breeders in Bangkok that have Norwegian Forest or Ragdoll ? On the internet the nearest for these two breeds seems to be Australia !

We know Chatuchak has a dodgy reputation so they would be very cautious about buying.

Thanks for any info.

Before I moved to Thailand I used to breed Ragdolls. Out of curiosity I have done a bit of searching for other Ragdoll owners in Thailand, and found a total of two, each with one cat! If this is a true result, that would make me the proud owner of two thirds of all Ragdolls in Thailand, since I have four (you can see one of them, "Sushi", to the left of here).

In my home country (Sweden) you would have to pay the equivalent of ~40,000 baht for a good/high quality kitten. In other parts of Europe they are even more expensive. If your friends are really interested in getting a Ragdoll, Australia or New Zealand would probably be their best bet.

I can add that my Ragdolls have adjusted perfectly to the new environment (read temperature) here, but we keep the A/C in the livingroom at 26 degrees Celsius during the day, and the same temperature in the bedroom at night. The cats dearly love to go out in the garden, never mind the temperature, and their coats are looking almost as good as they used to in Sweden. If you have any questions about the breed, feel free to PM me.

Just to wet your (and your friends') appetite, here are two of my other cats, "Amanda" and "Baghi":

post-20094-1217624114_thumb.jpgpost-20094-1217624136_thumb.jpg

/ Priceless

PS Just to be absolutely clear, all four of my cats are now happily retired from breeding and are neutered/spayed.

Thanks for all the replies.Much appreciated.

I think that they have tried getting Ragdolls from Australia already.Apparently most kittens are sold within days or already pre-booked.

But they are gorgeous cats arent they !

Priceless you are so lucky having three of them over here :o

I'll see if they want to contact the owner adverts of the Bengals.

I see American Shorthairs listed but I thought a little expensive for this breed in Thailand.

Some of the Persian kitties look cute as well.I'll mention those as well to our friends.

Again thanks again,everyone.

Thanks for all the replies.Much appreciated.

I think that they have tried getting Ragdolls from Australia already.Apparently most kittens are sold within days or already pre-booked.

But they are gorgeous cats arent they !

Priceless you are so lucky having three of them over here :o

I'll see if they want to contact the owner adverts of the Bengals.

I see American Shorthairs listed but I thought a little expensive for this breed in Thailand.

Some of the Persian kitties look cute as well.I'll mention those as well to our friends.

Again thanks again,everyone.

I got my 2 persians from that site. Very happy with them :D

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on our weekend in Bangkok.....it went very well but maybe not as expected !

Our friends were quoted big money for Bengals (45k) and Maine Coons (50k) so they decided to look at Persians on Pantip online.

We made several appointments to view on Saturday and Sunday and our friends were quite keen on a Silver Chinchilla male.They had phoned the guy who advertised up and he said he was away on Saturday but you can view him on Sunday.

When Sunday came they phoned him and he said it was OK to view at 6pm in the evening ! Our friends said we were due to fly out of Bangkok at that time so would it be possible to view around lunchtime ?

The guy was pretty dismissive and said it was difficult to get the cat ready for then as he had to be showered and groomed (thats the cat,not the seller !).He also said he was planning to take the cat to a friends petshop on Sukhumvit in the late afternoon for show.

I think this is why he wasnt too bothered about viewing because he had already arranged this with his friend.So why bother advertising him for sale the previous week !

So our friends were left disappointed but they might go again in a few weeks time to see what is available.

However we had a couple of viewings on the Saturday.One place in Bang Na the Persian kittens were very cute and well cared for.Our friends werent too keen on the colours but there was a little tabby male kitten who sat on our small sons lap and purred.

Well,I think maybe you can guess the outcome ! "Dad,do you think we could......."

So we ended up buying him ! Also they offered us a female for free.Three months old,very unusual silver grey colour with white feet dark blue eyes and a black face ! I have to admit shes absolutely gorgeous and the boy cat is very cute as well.

So,our family,who went along for the ride ended up with two kittens and our friends,who set out to buy,came home empty handed.

Both kittens have settled in well and no infighting with our other cats.They have been named Ronaldo and Rihanna........sad,I know ! :o

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Just an update on our weekend in Bangkok.....it went very well but maybe not as expected !

Our friends were quoted big money for Bengals (45k) and Maine Coons (50k) so they decided to look at Persians on Pantip online.

We made several appointments to view on Saturday and Sunday and our friends were quite keen on a Silver Chinchilla male.They had phoned the guy who advertised up and he said he was away on Saturday but you can view him on Sunday.

When Sunday came they phoned him and he said it was OK to view at 6pm in the evening ! Our friends said we were due to fly out of Bangkok at that time so would it be possible to view around lunchtime ?

The guy was pretty dismissive and said it was difficult to get the cat ready for then as he had to be showered and groomed (thats the cat,not the seller !).He also said he was planning to take the cat to a friends petshop on Sukhumvit in the late afternoon for show.

I think this is why he wasnt too bothered about viewing because he had already arranged this with his friend.So why bother advertising him for sale the previous week !

So our friends were left disappointed but they might go again in a few weeks time to see what is available.

However we had a couple of viewings on the Saturday.One place in Bang Na the Persian kittens were very cute and well cared for.Our friends werent too keen on the colours but there was a little tabby male kitten who sat on our small sons lap and purred.

Well,I think maybe you can guess the outcome ! "Dad,do you think we could......."

So we ended up buying him ! Also they offered us a female for free.Three months old,very unusual silver grey colour with white feet dark blue eyes and a black face ! I have to admit shes absolutely gorgeous and the boy cat is very cute as well.

So,our family,who went along for the ride ended up with two kittens and our friends,who set out to buy,came home empty handed.

Both kittens have settled in well and no infighting with our other cats.They have been named Ronaldo and Rihanna........sad,I know ! cool.gif

so cute!!!! any pictures now? wow...i digged out an old post...