Apartment Rental And Misc. Fees In Bangkok

Hi Everyone,

Am posting this to get a general feedback on the rental I am paying.

I am renting a simple one bedroom unit along Sukhumvit 71, the monthly rental is only 3500 Baht. I was also advised upfront that there is a monthly 200 charge for building maintenance.

Here are my other issues

1. I was told electricity will averagely be 2000. But I am now paying up to 4000 a month. It is 7 baht a unit, which I understand is slightly higher than normal. I am puzzled by this as I only spend 7 hours a day in the room every day. And that is how long the air-condition is on, nothing else. Is this normally the rate? I also get a general sentiment among tenants that the aircons are always giving trouble.

2. I was initially told that the TV and fridge will incur a one time 300 and 500 baht respectively charge. But now its a recurring item on the bill. Again, is this within the norm?

I just need to gather some thoughts among the expats here in BKK.

Thank you

the cheap rental is vanishing by the crazy electricity price, in thailand a Kw is 3.5 bath you are charged twice the governement price.

i was charged 7 bath/Kw but i don't use the aircon, just a fridge, hot shower, fan and my laptop that is turned on 24/24 i was paying 500/month.

I would have thought you signed some type of lease or rental agreement so everything is spelled out in black and white..

I know in my building the fridge comes with the room but they charge 500 baht a month for TV rental if you want one, I bought my own instead. Electricity is 5 baht a kw and typically I use around 315 kw a month. As for the aircon I guess I run the unit around 3 hours a day to cool 32 square meters.

My place gets morning sun till around 930am and is located on the second floor with apartments on either side. Because of its location my apartment never gets over 30 C on the hottest days. The people on the other side of the building suffer through long afternoon sun and high electric bills for cooling.

Next time use a little thought when looking for a rental.

Hi Everyone,

Am posting this to get a general feedback on the rental I am paying.

I am renting a simple one bedroom unit along Sukhumvit 71, the monthly rental is only 3500 Baht. I was also advised upfront that there is a monthly 200 charge for building maintenance.

Here are my other issues

1. I was told electricity will averagely be 2000. But I am now paying up to 4000 a month. It is 7 baht a unit, which I understand is slightly higher than normal. I am puzzled by this as I only spend 7 hours a day in the room every day. And that is how long the air-condition is on, nothing else. Is this normally the rate? I also get a general sentiment among tenants that the aircons are always giving trouble.

2. I was initially told that the TV and fridge will incur a one time 300 and 500 baht respectively charge. But now its a recurring item on the bill. Again, is this within the norm?

I just need to gather some thoughts among the expats here in BKK.

Thank you

Move to the north, Sahkon Nakon, install a small wind turbine and bobs your uncle :o