Fishing In Bangkok

NguuMuu

A year or two ago I went to a fishing park somewhere near suvanabhumi. It was a small place with a little square-shaped man made pond. you got a little shack to ahng out in while you fished and they supplied the rods (just sticks attached to a piece of string with a hook - not real reels). We caught a bunch of fish (all very tiny) and at the end of the day they fried them all up for us thai style. In the end, a fun and different, cheap day out. Actually, there were quite a few of these places along the same strip of road.

Now I have no idea where that place was exactly, but it's okay because it was too far for me anyway. Taxi there and back ended up costing almost more than the whole day out. My question is does in anyone know of similar places in the northern bangkok area? Somewhere between the kaset area and rangsit? I know I have seen similar places somewhere around there, I just can't remember where or what i would tell a taxi...

Hi NguuMuu,

I live near Sahan Mai. I know of a few places on the road the between Rangsit and Lam Luk Ka. The last one I went to was good, it had the huts and a small shop to hire rods and reels and buy bait, they also sold a bit of food and beer. There was a mix of fish up to about 3kg and you could either put the fish back or buy them for about 40 baht per kg. I took my own rod so I just bought a bucket of bait and some addative, I think I only paid about 80 baht.

There are a few ponds that I havn't tried on the LHS as you drive to Lam Luk Ka, the signs are in Thai though. The pond I fished is a couple of km's further on, on the RHS opposite a Jet petrol station.

Let me know if you want some company.