Farang night entertainment

Sunny Loh

:cool: Whenever I read the expat Forum, I always come across ridiculous rules and regulations which the Thai's government intend to implement, neverthelss talking is easy that enforcing. So far I wonder how many new system and rules have had ever accomplished. Pardon me and allowing me taking the liberty to comment, Corruption is almost systematic in Thailand. Corruption and poor governance need transparency  and cleaning up corruption is tantamount to past a death sentence to the law enforcer as well as the various Government agencies.

Unlike Singapore, the police force and the government servant are all well paid and every citizen known their own rights. Whenever a report being lodge to the Corruption bureau with strong evidence, who so ever prove guilty would certainly be jail. In Thailand, they are only posted in inactive post and and so the case is forgotten, what the shit.

In addition, all entertainment outlet are control by powerful figure operating behind the screen, therefore one doubt the Thai's Governemt can really achieve their goals. Many doubts.....  :cool: Sunny

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sunny,

You are comparing a giant water melon to a tiny dried bean. Singapore is not even as big as Bangkok, let alone the whole country. Actually, it maybe only 1/5 the size of Bankok. We have 60 mil people in Thailand with 10 mil in Bangkok and Singopore does not even have 3 mil for the whole country. So don't you dare come in and boosted about what Singkapore could do.

I had live in Singapore for 4 months in the 80's. At first I was impressed with the clean streets, well paid worker, drinking water from the tabs,...ect. But then I learned that the rate of suicide of Singaporean particular of teenagers was second highest in Asia. Sigaporeans were so stress out even the goverment had to come in and helped their citizens to learn to relax and acted as a match maker (remember the love boat that the gov. arranged of singles to meet)

How about freedom to think and act differently from the goverment which has low torelance for dissent(couldn't shew gum or had a long hair on your very own head for men then) Or the hand me down power from father to son.

You wanna bet, if Singapore was as big as Thailand, you will have more problems than us. Singaporeans may be well paid but their guest workers are not; Sweat shops are every where.

Let me tell you, I was ready to leave when my scholarship ended. It was nice to visit Singapore but to live there! Nah! Most I remember about my four months stayed was a lot of shopping centers and food courts and stress out citizens. I sometimes joked with my friends while I was there. If you took shopping centers out of Singapore, there wouldn't be much left there.

Finally, If my memory is still good, i think Thailand beat Singapore in terms of economic growth last year and the year before. How about that, ha? Our people are considered one of the most warm and friendly in Asia if not the world.

Quote of the day, those who live in a small house should not boost that they can handle a bigger house, till they get the bigger house.