Land Prices

huahin

I have just read a few posts on Land prices in the forum pages and I would like some feed back on the following, My wife bought a plot of land in Nakhon Sawan just a few months ago and paid 10k Baht per Thalang wah (thalang I think means square). Does this seem a little expensive. Any feed back appreciated.

A 'wah' is a measure of distance and is equal to 2 metres.

A ''thalang wah' does mean a square wah just as you thought.

There are 100 thalang wah to 1 ngan.

There are 4 ngan to 1 rai.

Therefor there are 400 thalang wah to 1 rai.

1 thalang wah = 4 sq. m.

1 rai = 1600 sq. m.

Don't know about the prices of land in Nakhon Sawan but in general if you want someone to evaluate the fairness of the price then you need to tell them alot more information liike:

How big is the plot

Is it by a road, what size of road

How close to town is it

If its in town is it in the middle of a commercial district or in the suburbs

I have just read a few posts on Land prices in the forum pages and I would like some feed back on the following,Β  My wife bought a plot of land in Nakhon Sawan just a few months ago and paid 10k Baht per Thalang wah (thalang I think means square).Β  Does this seem a little expensive.Β  Any feed back appreciated.

As has been said we need more info to go on, I live there and must say that this sounds very expensive, unless it is in the center of Nakorn Sawan city.

As a rough guide :-

Basic land- out in the sticks no road access ect anbout 20,000/rai

Farm land- dirt road access- 20-40,000/rai

Farm land- main road access ie frontage on tarmac road 80-100,000 rai

Land on outskirts of a town- 300-500,000 rai

Land in center of town, or outskirts of Nakorn city- 1,000,000 plus

Center of Nakorn city- 4,000,000 plus

The above are very rough guides, based on some actual experiance and a lot of hearsay. If you let me know exactly where I'd be able to give you a better idea.

The farm land is pretty acurate and a mate of mine paid about 500,000 a rai for land just out side Chinat.

Cheers RC

I have just read a few posts on Land prices in the forum pages and I would like some feed back on the following,Β  My wife bought a plot of land in Nakhon Sawan just a few months ago and paid 10k Baht per Thalang wah (thalang I think means square).Β  Does this seem a little expensive.Β Β  Any feed back appreciated.

As has been said we need more info to go on, I live there and must say that this sounds very expensive, unless it is in the center of Nakorn Sawan city.

As a rough guide :-

Basic land- out in the sticks no road access ect anbout 20,000/rai

Farm land- dirt road access- 20-40,000/rai

Farm land- main road access ie frontage on tarmac road 80-100,000 rai

Land on outskirts of a town- 300-500,000 rai

Land in center of town, or outskirts of Nakorn city- 1,000,000 plus

Center of Nakorn city- 4,000,000 plus

The above are very rough guides, based on some actual experiance and a lot of hearsay. If you let me know exactly where I'd be able to give you a better idea.

The farm land is pretty acurate and a mate of mine paid about 500,000 a rai for land just out side Chinat.

Cheers RC

Thanks mate for giving me a rough picture and thanks to all who replied.

The plot is approximately 52.1 thalang wah and is located at the back entrance to the Army Base that one can see on the left hand side just before the bridge when coming into Nakhon Sawan. One enters thru the wat archway on the left just after the parimeter fence.

It seems to be in a very suitable location, only a stones throw to "Big C" and the rest of the city. However I have this gut feeling that they saw us coming, farang and Thai, so I'm saying that the price increased quite significantly, again, I tried to hackle with him but he wouldn't be in it. My wife was too embarrassed to barter and she is one of these people that once she has made up her mind there is no stopping. And I hate argueing too much, it puts a strain on the relationship, don't you think.

Thanks again for the input

Huahin

I know exactly where you are, nice spot. I'm not sure exactly how much, but if you did'nt haggle then you could of got it for less!!!

It does sound expensive, but not that expensive!! as its very close to the town center. I would suspect that the price was'nt inflated, but you just failed to get them to come down.

Anyway I'm not an expert on city land prices, but given the location its probably not that much over the oddds.

Let me know when your up here I'll pop in for a beer :o