Mailing Vitamins From The Us

narcisus

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions to receive a package by postal service from the States containing multi-vitamins and glucosamine with chondrotin. Glucosamine w/chondrotin is not available here and vitamins are quite expensive. Would appreciate any feedback on receiving postal parcels from the US.

I deleted the duplicated version of this thread- no worries.

As to your question, yes, you can order things from the US, UK, EU and have them shipped here.

The issue is customs duty.

Usually for a small package, properly marked by the shipper with a customs declaration, it's not a problem.

Some members report not receiving mail/packages, etc. but that has not been my experience.

The few orders (small packages; low declared value) that I made arrived here just fine, in about a week from the US.

My recommendation is- don't order $300 worth of vitamins, etc. Limit it to about $50 max- that way if the package is lost you won't freak out.

Also small shipments will not attract as much attention re: duties, etc.

Good Luck!

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions to receive a package by postal service from the States containing multi-vitamins and glucosamine with chondrotin. Glucosamine w/chondrotin is not available here and vitamins are quite expensive. Would appreciate any feedback on receiving postal parcels from the US.

I have ordered both on several occasions. Never had any of them blocked or even customs charged. The price difference, especially on Clucosamine w/chondrostatin from a supermarket such as Target was huge when compared with mail ordered stuff so I had a friend in the US buy several bottles for me (about $3.95 USD for 120 capsules) compared with $19.95 for same dosage via Internet mail order.

We found the same to be true of St.John's Wort, brand name multivitamins, and various health food items. However, Thai brand over-the-counter meds were much cheaper, albeit many items not available.

I just had an order from 'Swansons', shipped to my sister in california and she repacked it and sent it direct to me about 10lbs of various vitamins and suppliments to last my family of 5 a year. Have done the same every year and no probs with customs. it seems that if they are sent by a big company, it may throw up some red flags for customs, but sent by a private party....no probs. swanson's had a promotion and their shipping was only $4.95 in US, but my sis sent it to LOS by air and cost was near $50, but still saved big $, when compared to local vitamins and I know they are good quality. Google swanson's vitamins and you will see their offerings and if you join their newsletter, you will get more discounts and promos.

FWIW, I just today received a heavy shipment direct from bulknutrition.com (several kilos of Piracetam, Choline, MSM, Glucosamine/Chondroitin and a few others). Customs did not even open the box, and there was no duty. Took two weeks to ship Chiang Mai from the states.

clokwise...I checked the bulknutrition website out and see that some of their prices are higher, few lower than swansons but their site is much more user friendly. Can you give specifics on $'s per Lb for shipping to LOS????

I see that they use UP$ and have been knocked over by UPS's prices for international/

clokwise...I checked the bulknutrition website out and see that some of their prices are higher, few lower than swansons but their site is much more user friendly. Can you give specifics on $'s per Lb for shipping to LOS????

I see that they use UP$ and have been knocked over by UPS's prices for international/

Sometimes shippers will use USPO Air Mail or International Priority Air Mail if you request it. Usually takes about a week to 10 days, much cheaper and does not automatically go through Customs check like almost all of the express shippers stuff.

Edited by Bill97

bulknutrition has only one shipping option for Thailand -- Deutsche Post, which seems to be some sort of hybrid of DHL and regular post.

In my case my shipping was $88, bare in mind I ordered over four kilos of bulk powders and pills.

I could have shipped domestically and had a family member reship, that would have been somewhat cheaper.

BTW, seach google for coupon codes for bulknutrition. I think I managed to save $35.

• 10 months later...
clokwise...I checked the bulknutrition website out and see that some of their prices are higher, few lower than swansons but their site is much more user friendly. Can you give specifics on s per Lb for shipping to LOS????

bulknutrition has only one shipping option for Thailand -- Deutsche Post, which seems to be some sort of hybrid of DHL and regular post.

In my case my shipping was $88, bare in mind I ordered over four kilos of bulk powders and pills.

I could have shipped domestically and had a family member reship, that would have been somewhat cheaper.

BTW, seach google for coupon codes for bulknutrition. I think I managed to save $35.

As a matter of factual trivia, DHL is the parcel shipping side of the German postal service, much like US Parcel Post is part of USPS. There had been a lot of lobbying on Capital Hill to keep German postal service from entering the market in the US, by FedEx and UPS, but they finally won out; Hellow DHL red and yellow.

Another trivia; all my letter size mail coming from the US is routed through and postmarked by the postal services of either France or Germany. Small wonder it takes 10-15 days to receive it.

Regular postal mail is ok. Done it many times. But shipping is expensive. Why not buy local??

Not sure if this will be helpful to you, but I've been buying vitamins/fitness supplements on Ebay for the past few years and it's been the cheapest place online. I've never had any problems with shipments from the US (or anywhere else for that matter) so far. Some of the supplements I've bought haven't been available here and the ones which are are too expensive.

Regular postal mail is ok. Done it many times. But shipping is expensive. Why not buy local??

Agreed, many manufacturers here are as good as original one. Just need to look where you can get cheaper.Definitely not in the mall.