Very Bad Service From Air Crap Asia

HDRIDER

Be careful with Air Asia, my GF had a confirmed ticket from BKK to Phuket, when she was on her way to the airport they called her and cancelled her ticket, now she have to wait 30 days to get her money back.

Bad service, well no service i guess.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful with Air Asia, my GF had a confirmed ticket from BKK to Phuket, when she was on her way to the airport they called her and cancelled her ticket, now she have to wait 30 days to get her money back.

Bad service, well no service i guess.

Not right of Air Asia. But out of curiosity, what was the reason/s given ?

Just curious. So she just decided not to go to Phuket?? Are you sure they not rebook her on another flight? They have several flights a day back to Phuket so I find it hard to believe that she was not rebooked on a later flight. Working for an airline myself and not air asia I know if a flight is running late we will call passengers and if cancelled we will also call and offer a later flight.

I'm not defending air asia but if a flight is cancelled and I'm on the way to the airport, I just don't turn around and go home and say "mai pen rai". I think some of the story is missing here.

HI

When she called the office she was told it was a mistake from some office people, she was NOT offered a later flight. Everything was fully booked they told her

You guys try to find a e-mail address to Air Asia, very hard, i have called them many time to get them to pay her back NOW, they just tell her to go to BKK if she want her money now. They will not tell why the crew made a mistake; i have a copy she sent me of the confirmation of the ticket.

And she paid 3500 for that ticket, talk about discount airline.

http://phuketgazette.com/dailynews/index.asp?id=6674

Flightcrew,,, there is nothing missing here, only some good service from another crap airline, she did go to phuket,,, by bus, everything was/is fully booked

Edited by HDRIDER

HI

Here you go...

Thank you for flying with AirAsia!

We are pleased to confirm your booking and attached herewith please find your

Itinerary*.

FD3021EconomyBangkok (BKK)Suvarnabhumi International AirportFri 01 Aug 2008, 0700 hrsPhuket (HKT)Phuket International AirportFri 01 Aug 2008, 0815 hrs

Flight1 Guest2,300.00 BTAirport Tax100.00 BTInsurance Surcharge50.00 BTAdministration Fee65.00 BTVAT218.05 BTFuel Surcharge600.00 BTSub Total3,333.05 BTServices & FeesSCFD107.00 BTBGPD30.00 BTSub Total137.00 BTTotal Amount3,470.05 BT

Flight1 Guest2,300.00 BTAirport Tax100.00 BTInsurance Surcharge50.00 BTAdministration Fee65.00 BTVAT218.05 BTFuel Surcharge600.00 BTSub Total3,333.05 BTServices & FeesSCFD107.00 BTBGPD30.00 BTSub Total137.00 BTTotal Amount3,470.05 BT

Have a problem with the above, Guest2 ? So who was Guest1 ? because there is 2000B missing from the above or is it a typo and there is no guest 2 ? Guess so,

I ask because I have never heard of a ticket, as opposed to a flight, being cancelled in the circumstances you mention bottom line, turn up at the airport, if your there and your ontime and you make loud noises by the desk I can guarantee that they will bump someone else off the flight, if not that flight, certainly the next one.

"Unavailability of Seat: There is a chance a seat will not be available for you on your flight even if your reservation is confirmed. This is due to the common practice in the airline industry of overbooking. If you are denied boarding on an overbooked scheduled international flight for which you have both a valid and a confirmed reservation, and you have presented at check-in by the check-in deadline, we shall at our option either: a. carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your booking; or b. should you choose to travel at another time, retain the value of your fare in a credit account for your future travel provided that you must re-book within three (3) months therefrom."

Those are the conditions of carriage, and they are crap. You have only really purchased "permission to fly" by having a ticket, in practice if you are there you will fly sooner or later, there are far worse airlines out there than AA, I can understand how you feel though, try writing to Tony Fernandez at Air Asia KL, I'm sure if you have evidence of a mistake on their part he will compensate.

For anyone else reading this the bottom line remains the same, turn up at the airport.

Have a problem with the above, Guest2 ? So who was Guest1 ? because there is 2000B missing from the above or is it a typo and there is no guest 2 ? Guess so,

I ask because I have never heard of a ticket, as opposed to a flight, being cancelled in the circumstances you mention bottom line, turn up at the airport, if your there and your ontime and you make loud noises by the desk I can guarantee that they will bump someone else off the flight, if not that flight, certainly the next one.

"Unavailability of Seat: There is a chance a seat will not be available for you on your flight even if your reservation is confirmed. This is due to the common practice in the airline industry of overbooking. If you are denied boarding on an overbooked scheduled international flight for which you have both a valid and a confirmed reservation, and you have presented at check-in by the check-in deadline, we shall at our option either: a. carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your booking; or b. should you choose to travel at another time, retain the value of your fare in a credit account for your future travel provided that you must re-book within three (3) months therefrom."

Those are the conditions of carriage, and they are crap. You have only really purchased "permission to fly" by having a ticket, in practice if you are there you will fly sooner or later, there are far worse airlines out there than AA, I can understand how you feel though, try writing to Tony Fernandez at Air Asia KL, I'm sure if you have evidence of a mistake on their part he will compensate.

For anyone else reading this the bottom line remains the same, turn up at the airport.

OK Guys

She did turn up in the airport, she was there long time before, she came by bus form up North, she called me 05.30 and told me what they told her, at that time she was in the airport, she did ask many times what was wrong, no clear answer, you and me would make a big problem out of this,, she did not.

As for guest 2, think it’s just the way the set it up, there was not a number 2, this is just something i did copy from the mail, i can’t see any point to show the whole mail.

Nothing is wrong here, i don’t hide anything, why should i, i called them myself, talked to the supervisor, they could not tell me 100% why it happened, maybe some paid more, she told me there was a lot of people waiting, and a lot of angry people,,, maybe she was not the only one.

Still think it’s very bad service, i will not use them again, for sure, and they want her to come to BKK to get her money back or wait 30 days, what is that all about.

Please look again, i did, its the price, no guest 2,, it is 2.300 baht

Edited by HDRIDER

Indeed, Air Asia is quite good, and never had an issue with them. :o:D :D
You are indeed a very lucky man. As they fly into Swampyvoom it is quite convienient for international connections but only being one, evening, flight from Udon per day it is notoriously late. I guess that flight is subject to all the mishaps and back logs that occur through the working day. BUT they are not smart enough to permanently reschedule the flight an hour or two later to create a buffer.

Anyway: Never again after a terrible flights, on board service and stuffups from Gold Coast to Bangkok. The crap we went through at their KL terminal was beyond belief. :D

Hi

Here is the right setup

Flight

1 Guest

2,300.00 BT

Airport Tax

100.00 BT

Insurance Surcharge

50.00 BT

Administration Fee

65.00 BT

VAT

218.05 BT

Fuel Surcharge

600.00 BT

Sub Total

3,333.05 BT

Services & Fees

SCFD

107.00 BT

BGPD

30.00 BT

Sub Total

137.00 BT

Total Amount

3,470.05 BT

Total Paid

3,470.05 BT

Balance

0.00 BT

Hi

Here is the right setup

Flight

1 Guest

2,300.00 BT

Airport Tax

100.00 BT

Insurance Surcharge

50.00 BT

Administration Fee

65.00 BT

VAT

218.05 BT

Fuel Surcharge

600.00 BT

Sub Total

3,333.05 BT

Services & Fees

SCFD

107.00 BT

BGPD

30.00 BT

Sub Total

137.00 BT

Total Amount

3,470.05 BT

Total Paid

3,470.05 BT

Balance

0.00 BT

A case of "you pay for what you get" sloppy service from Air Asia :o

So she showed up the airport and didnt stand up for herself? Well - I think here lies the problem - she let them get away with bumping her.

here, you try having a go with air asia, they full of shoite, and they just laugh, what can can you do when you talking to an idiot, who dosent even like you anyway cos the couler of ya skin, i think she did best, walk or ya gonna end up monkey house for sure.

i hate air asia, they like a set of babies, you can guartee that money wont go back into account she will have to call them again and if she emails them they wont reply.

use em, sure, they have the flights!

chris

This doesn't really make any sense; I suspect there has been some sort of breakdown in communication between FD, your GF and you, owing to a misunderstanding and perhaps language issues.

Your GF purchased a ticket from FD, she has confirmation in the form of a reservation code, maybe she even confirmed the flight a few days ahead of time. She shows up at SBIA early fro the first flight of the day and FD denies her boarding without reason? Again this just doesn't make sense given the currently provided facts.

I'd re-review the details, along with FD' CoC which details your GF's rights so to speak. Articles 5, 6 7 & 9 possibly being relevant.

My best guess, based on scant information provided, is that there was an issue with payment? (Yes, I see where it says balance due = zero, but maybe something happened subsequent to that print-out?) Or maybe she showed up on the wrong day?

So she showed up the airport and didnt stand up for herself? Well - I think here lies the problem - she let them get away with bumping her.

I don’t know what is wrong with you??, you work for them?

She really tried to get on that flight, do you think she was looking forward to sit in a bus for 14 hours??, she had just been on a bus for 7 hours. I asked her again, she say she was not the only one. They don’t give a <deleted> about people, why do you think they don’t provide phone numbers and mail addresses on their web site, only phone number for BKK and a few others

This doesn't really make any sense; I suspect there has been some sort of breakdown in communication between FD, your GF and you, owing to a misunderstanding and perhaps language issues.

Your GF purchased a ticket from FD, she has confirmation in the form of a reservation code, maybe she even confirmed the flight a few days ahead of time. She shows up at SBIA early fro the first flight of the day and FD denies her boarding without reason? Again this just doesn't make sense given the currently provided facts.

I'd re-review the details, along with FD' CoC which details your GF's rights so to speak. Articles 5, 6 7 & 9 possibly being relevant.

My best guess, based on scant information provided, is that there was an issue with payment? (Yes, I see where it says balance due = zero, but maybe something happened subsequent to that print-out?) Or maybe she showed up on the wrong day?

??

Get a life, wrong date, maybe you would do that, not her and not me, she was not the only one, maybe you too work for them, what more evidence do you need to see Air Asia was wrong, and her English is perfect, and remember I have talked to them as well.

Do you really think i would go ahead with this if i knew there was something there was not right

And yes your right,, it dont make sense, do you want me to show her payment slip as well??

http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/page.jsp...e4b&nav=6-1

Pretty dam_n extensive list mate. I've contacted them quite a few times and had no issues. They were always prompt and courteous via email. :o

Please have a look on that list, only number for BKK and CR, thats it, not a very extensive list at all.

You give me a mail address and i will keep your guys updated, you say you have contacted them, then you must have the e-mail address, or??

?

Get a life, wrong date, maybe you would do that, not her and not me, she was not the only one, maybe you too work for them, what more evidence do you need to see Air Asia was wrong, and her English is perfect, and remember I have talked to them as well.

Do you really think i would go ahead with this if i knew there was something there was not right

And yes your right,, it dont make sense, do you want me to show her payment slip as well??

At least a couple of dozen people show up at SBIA each day on the wrong day. It happens much more often than you might imagine although typically with departures just before and just after midnight.

Again, something does not make sense. FD should be able, nay has to, provide a reason for an IDB (Involuntary Denied Boarding). The fact that neither you nor your GF seem to be able to get that information from FD indicates to me that you have a communication issue.

I did attempt a couple of guesses; payment issue (and I did acknowledge the data on your post of the payment information) and wrong date. No need to get so insulting ("get a life") of someone trying to help. If that attitude extends to your interactions with FD then I can see why you might be experiencing problems getting to the root cause of your GF's IDB.

The fact that FD did not try to accomodate your GF on the day of travel is generally indicative of a problem with the original issuance of the ticket. But again that's just a guess. If they were denying boarding for one of the other dozen or so reasons they would have provided that information.

Where was the ticket purchased (on-line, ticket agent, A/CTO)? What form of payment: cash, debit, credit card? If a card was used was it your GF's (same name: payer, traveler)?

Anyway good luck. Maybe take TG on the return?

?

At least a couple of dozen people show up at SBIA each day on the wrong day. It happens much more often than you might imagine although typically with departures just before and just after midnight.

Again, something does not make sense. FD should be able, nay has to, provide a reason for an IDB (Involuntary Denied Boarding). The fact that neither you nor your GF seem to be able to get that information from FD indicates to me that you have a communication issue.

I did attempt a couple of guesses; payment issue (and I did acknowledge the data on your post of the payment information) and wrong date. No need to get so insulting ("get a life") of someone trying to help. If that attitude extends to your interactions with FD then I can see why you might be experiencing problems getting to the root cause of your GF's IDB.

The fact that FD did not try to accomodate your GF on the day of travel is generally indicative of a problem with the original issuance of the ticket. But again that's just a guess. If they were denying boarding for one of the other dozen or so reasons they would have provided that information.

Where was the ticket purchased (on-line, ticket agent, A/CTO)? What form of payment: cash, debit, credit card? If a card was used was it your GF's (same name: payer, traveler)?

Anyway good luck. Maybe take TG on the return?

That was my problem with the post. It just does not make sense. Working for the airlines for as long as I have I have seen and heard it all. Flight cancelled or overbooked you are put on the next one with priority waitlist if that flight is full. These are the normal airline rules. I believe Air Asia has at least 7 flights a day in and out of Bangkok to Phuket. There is more to this story than we are hearing. Payment issue? Was it paid by credit card and she was not the card holder?

Anybody in this situation would not walk away and say "oh well" I guess I'll take the bus. Airlines just do not say "sorry" we can't accomodate you.

You provided a link to the Phuket Gazette but that does nothing to help this story as it is just about how full flights are and that you can't get a cheap ticket at the last moment. This has always been the case with Air Asia. The further in advance you book the cheaper the ticket is.

Now I'm not defending Air Asia. Yes, I have taken them and once the flight was even 4 hours late coming back from Krabi but I found in general no problems.

Again, why did she not make a stand as most any other passenger would do. It does not matter that her English is perfect as the staff at the airport are Thai!

You might want to read this. AirAsia's Terms & Conditions Of Carriage. Maybe this will answer your question as to what went wrong. Because in general you pay for a ticket the airline has to get you there.

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/page.jsp?reference=airasiatnc

AirAsia's Terms & Conditions Of Carriage

Article 6

Check-in and Other Requirements of Carriage

Read 6.1.3 but see if the gf did not meet any of these requirements, but 6.1.3 shows that they have to and will get you where you are going.

Check-In, Deadlines and Conditions: Our check-in counters are open two (2) hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The counters close forty-five (45) minutes before the scheduled flight departure time. Check-in deadlines may vary at different airports and for particular flights. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with these deadlines particulars of which will be available at the time you make your booking. In any event, without derogating from the generality of other provisions of these Terms & Conditions governing the right of refusal of carriage, we reserve the right not to allow you to check in without any liability to you and without having to refund to you any fare paid:

if you attempt to check in inside forty-five (45) minutes before your scheduled flight departure time;

if you fail to have proper identification or fail to identify yourself to our staff;

if you fail to have the proper documents, permits, visa, necessary for travel to a particular place or country;

if you have not fully paid any fare or other fees or charges due to us;

if you have been violent to our staff or caused disturbance at our counter or have abused our staff whether physically or verbally;

if the Government or other authorities prohibits your checking in or boarding the aircraft;

if in our judgment, you are not fit to travel due to drunkenness or any obvious adverse medical condition; and/or

if in our judgment, you are not medically fit to travel or your medical condition poses or could pose a danger or threat to the health of other passengers.

Self Check-in:We offer a self check-in facility for selected flights. The facility is subject to specific requirements which may be viewed on our website under Self Check-in.

Unavailability of Seat: There is a chance a seat may not be available for you on your flight even if your booking is confirmed. This is due to the common practice in the airline industry of overbooking. In the event of such unavailability of seat, we shall at our option, either:

carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your booking; or

should you choose to travel at another time, retain the value of your fare in a credit account for your future travel provided that you must re-book within three (3) months therefrom.

I don't why so many people are attempting to defend this airline and attack the op.

Airlines very often provide shocking service, breaking their own rules and aviation 'guidelines'. In Thailand I can well believe that they do it even more often... (Though to be fair I've had BA do it to me on several occasions too, hence I stopped flying with them.)

Some airlines (BA are an example) do not give a toss. Whilst I flew once with Air Asia and they were fine, I can fully believe the op's story and would be wound up by it too.

The communication problem that some folk (fools?) seem to be mentioning was clearly a deliberate communicatioon barrier put up by the airline - another common trait in the aviation industry...

Advice to op; give up now because the airlines don't give a toss and are unlikely to help you - ever.