Live Thing, You Do Not Make My Heart Sing

sylviex

What are all those nasty things ? They emerge near the sink and take different shapes, forms and colours -- all of them cockroachish :D .

Some even fly. AAAAAAAAAARGH.

I hate them. HATE them.

I realize the absurdity; I am bigger and smarter, but how can I stop them from being ?

Don't tell me they are a useful life form. Just tell me how to make them go :D:o !

Sounds like roaches sylviex. Roaches can fly. Buy some roach bait, i guess

We had this giant spider in our bathroom a few years ago, and I looked at him and thought "hmm. maybe he should go" until a small roach walked by, the spider jumped out and nabbed the cockroach. That is when I thought "Ok Mr Spider, you can stay" :o

perhaps learn to encourage the giant spiders :D

All sinks have an overflow which leads back down to the drain and roaches will take up residence there. Use a good roach spray with a tube and occasionally shoot a bit into the upper portion of the overflow.

Other than that, keep everything scrupulously clean and spash a bit of bleach/water around the drain once in a while to kill off fungi and bacteria that roaches like to snack on..

If you can get your hands on some Eucalyptus oil add a capful to about a litre of water in a spray bottle. Spray this on shelves and benches (and places you find cockroaches) and wipe it with a cloth.

It is a good way to keep them away from food areas and places you may not want to use insecticides. It'll also keep spiders away. :o

Live Thing, You Do Not Make My Heart Sing, (apologies to Lou Reed)

lou reed ?? i thought jimi hendrix wrote that song.

Nope, not even the first to do the song :D Believe it was first sung by the Troggs. and According to Wiki the author is a guy named Chip Taylor.

Never heard the Eucalyptus oil trick chiliwasabi. Doubt it is available on Koh Phangan tho :o

Live Thing, You Do Not Make My Heart Sing, (apologies to Lou Reed)

lou reed ?? i thought jimi hendrix wrote that song.

Completely off topic (ish)

but ...........

"Wild Thing" is a hit song written by New York-born songwriter Chip Taylor and originally recorded by The Wild Ones in 1965

..........The song is probably best known for its 1966 cover by the English band The Troggs, which

reached the number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100 in July 1966.The song has remained popular ever since The Troggs' hit single, and has been covered again many times — perhaps most notably by Jimi Hendrix, whose stage performance of the song was featured in the 1967 documentary Monterey Pop.

and ..................... No Lou Reed !

............. I'll get my coat :o

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Sprinkle a little boric acid wherever they congregate - they will do more than just "Take a walk on the wild side". :D

:o I like the way you think.

I had a bit of a google and it looks like everyone but Lou Reed has done a version of Wild Thing. Well, except for the one in my head. That was definitely Lou singing :D .