Big Fight, Super Fight

Everytime I leave Samui I always have BIG FIE SUPER FIE stuck in my head, I walk the streets and those pickups with the big speakers are going past, even when I go to the beach a boat goes past with speakers with the same think about the kickboxing fight.

I can just imagine the people who live there, does it get on your nerves? or does anyone love it that they have named one of there kids Super Fie

They have a new one now - a foreigner with a French accent speaking in English. It is probably worse than the older version as he repeats himself more times. I wonder how much fuel is burned by these people in a year, driving slowly all day every day and causing traffic jams etc. ??

MMM does it get to me

Lady and Gentlemans, WEEEEEELLLLLCCCCCOOME to Koh Samui, Tonight Tonight At 9pm, get the seat, get the seat early get the seat earliieeerr, you never be dissapionted, the real Muay thai the top stop of the world, tonight tonight fight start at 9pm at 9pm, dont be late, the super fight, fight to the death. The number one samui stadium .......

No it doesnt bother me, but it drive me mental lol

everyone that has every been to samui will give your there own version of that!!

Everytime I leave Samui I always have BIG FIE SUPER FIE stuck in my head, I walk the streets and those pickups with the big speakers are going past, even when I go to the beach a boat goes past with speakers with the same think about the kickboxing fight.

I can just imagine the people who live there, does it get on your nerves? or does anyone love it that they have named one of there kids Super Fie

So that means you leave Samui everytime before the big fie starts? Who would have thunk that, arenot you supposed to be the star? The winner? The hero? :D:o

The DON leaves before the big fie.. disapointed here.... WIMP.

Edited by Carib

This bothers me. It bothered me the first time I heard it. Along with every single vendor interrupting my chill-out time on the beach every 60 seconds. Literally.

This only pisses off tourists. And it will be publicized. Believe me. This in turn will only hurt the tourist industry.

So... let's take it to a vote.

How many in favor of legislation limiting noise pollution? How to limit it? Ban use of all mobile audio advertisements? Ban beach vendors in certain areas?

What do you guys think?

I'm planning to live here at least part time so this is why I take the issue seriously.

Edited by Hennessy

This bothers me. It bothered me the first time I heard it. Along with every single vendor interrupting my chill-out time on the beach every 60 seconds. Literally.

This only pisses off tourists. And it will be publicized. Believe me. This in turn will only hurt the tourist industry.

How many in favor of legislation limiting noise pollution? How to limit it? Ban use of all mobile audio advertisements? Ban beach vendors in certain areas?

What do you guys think?

I'm planning to live here at least part time so this is why I take the issue seriously.

So what do you want to do, start collecting signatures or what?

I guess most of us are sometimes disturbed by noise here, but when you want a quiet beach maybe better try Lipa Noi, Koh Taen or wherever, not Chaweng, Lamai, Haad Rin etc.! Can't blame the Thais for trying to make a living, and other tourists might like some of the services/articles offered.

But I vote Yes for a reduction of the sometimes blarring noise in Tesco and other shopping outlets. :o

"THE BEST MUYA THAI...TOP SPORT OF THE YEAR...AT PETCH BUNCHA......CHAWENG BEACH...CHAWEEEENG BEACH...

...YOU WILL NEVER DISSAPOINTED.....GET THE SEATS EARLIER.................."

Almost like Tesco lotus....."ROLL BACK ROLL BACK, ROLL BACK ROLL BACK, ROLL BACK ROLL BACK, ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL........................"

:o

Hi Donk,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is only one pickup with the big speakers to which you are refering and that only travels along that route once a day.

I dont know if its because you have taken too many snap kicks to head or perhaps those loud speakers that is the caue of you hearing things?

I feel sure that many members on this site will be happy to put your mind at rest and confirm you are must be hearing things that are simply not there. :o

Maybe the cause is tinitus or just too may tinnies ? :D

roy gsd

What do you guys think?

Hi,

Is there anything else you would like them to change before you arrive?

It you dont like the noise then I suggest you dont spend 6 months of the year in Samui, or you could simply get some ear plugs and a sense of reality whilst you are at it?

roy gsd

Well there's always something noisy about Thailand, IF u would really get this car to stop making it rounds [no way :o thats gonna happen soon!] it's gonna be something else...!

Besides that there's no closing time for the beachparties going on every night in high season on the island Im living on [goes on and on till sunrise and later, I hear it perfectly living 5 km down the road!] and the fact that my neighbour has 8 roosters [they make noise all night long, who ever said they only start at sunrise??? :D ] and a few pigs in small boxes [not only making noise but also smelling bad!], horny cats making a noise that sounds as if some one is killing babies...horrible!

and a troop of wild dogs nearby, I sleep well! [and yep indeed buy some earplugs!]

Now when Im back in europe to visit, I wake up from the silence :D

Edited by DaoDao

Best of the Best!

Champ of the Champ!

Today has been classic Thailand.

There is a Local Election due and ever since 7 A.M this morning we have had a couple of cars blaring out some crappy tune.

It has passed my house about 20 times today and I do not live in a busy area.

Hi Donk,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is only one pickup with the big speakers to which you are refering and that only travels along that route once a day.

I dont know if its because you have taken too many snap kicks to head or perhaps those loud speakers that is the caue of you hearing things?

I feel sure that many members on this site will be happy to put your mind at rest and confirm you are must be hearing things that are simply not there. :o

roy gsd

What ????

Where do you live, in the middle of nowhere?

I have a shophouse on the beachroad and they can come two or three at the same time.

Best when they come from both left and right same time and try to synchronize in front of me.

I think they who suffers most are the owners of the Orchid Residence next to the "newest stadium".

There the play this extremely load and over and over again :D

Hi Donk,

roy gsd

What ????

Where do you live, in the middle of nowhere?

I have a shophouse on the beachroad and they can come two or three at the same time.

Best when they come from both left and right same time and try to synchronize in front of me.

I think they who suffers most are the owners of the Orchid Residence next to the "newest stadium".

There the play this extremely load and over and over again :D

Obviously you failed to realise I was geeing the Don(k) up, enjoy the fight :D

Busines must be pretty slow if the highlight of your day is when two or three of these pickups pass by your shop around the same time.

Perhaps you should consider renting the boxing promoters a space out front of your place where they can place a static speaker with a recorded message thus saving fuel, cost of the pickup ad the drivers Salary?

Sounds like a good idea to me :D

roy gsd

Obviously you failed to realise I was geeing the Don(k) up, enjoy the fight whistling.gif

Busines must be pretty slow if the highlight of your day is when two or three of these pickups pass by your shop around the same time.

Perhaps you should consider renting the boxing promoters a space out front of your place where they can place a static speaker with a recorded message thus saving fuel, cost of the pickup ad the drivers Salary?

Sounds like a good idea to me whistling.gif

roy gsd

:o:D :D