Leaving With My Baby?

mrt273nva

Is there a law about leaving Thailand with my son without his mother? Can they stop me at the airport? He has a US passport.

I am wanting some time alone with my son while my wife cools off. I think that some time away from us might make her realize what is really important in this life. We are waiting for her to get her visa at which point she could join us again. For now, my household has become hostile and I don't believe it is an appropriate place for my son to be at the moment (or me for that matter).

I can't and will not comment on the legal aspect of leaving Thailand with your son without the mother consent ... but here is my experience, of leaving Thailand with my son (with the mother consent).

I asked twice the immigration what paperwork, I should prepare if I leave Thailand with my son alone or my son and someone else from the family.

They could not answer or said it was OK.

We did prepare a letter just in case, but it was never asked.

But obviously, you should get her consent.

As with the poster above, you may get asked to show you have mothers permission (as had happened with some of our posters using past threads as example) & then again you may not (as had happened with some of our posters using past threads as examples) but if you have your sons birth certificate with you plus the same family name on both your passportd then you will likely not have a problem but again, it would depend on who you get at immigration checking I'd think.

You will probably get him on board of the airplane, but you will also destroy your relationship with your wife if you take your son with you without her knowing it. Seems you want to work things out with your wife. Than talk it over with her and don't make things worse.

You will not have a problem.. again if you have the passport and the child has your last name. The mother or the father has the right without the others permision to take their child where ever they want. I hate the people that empower women over men in these situations. You have just as many rights as the mother. That being said you will always have bias towards the mother in court unless you can prove she is unfit. You will have more control of the situation in the USA than you would in Thailand so if you see dark clouds on the horizon your solution is not the worst thing that could happen. BUT that being said, once this happens, and it should be the plan of last resort, you will find that she will agree with whatever is put forth to get the child back in Thailand but once the child is in Thailand you may find your situation is far worse than what you might imagine. If you take the child be prepared to STAY in the USA. I have a friend that experenced this first hand. So dont do this to cool things off.. do this as last nuke resort and be prepared to live with the fallout.

you wont have a problem - my wife regularly travels with my son. She is Asian with an Asian passport and her own name, he is British with UK passport and my name - never been asked a question - i think you would be surprised how many people live like this.

As for taking without telling her - i will leave that up to your own moral judgement!!

you wont have a problem - my wife regularly travels with my son. She is Asian with an Asian passport and her own name, he is British with UK passport and my name - never been asked a question - i think you would be surprised how many people live like this.

Can confirm it's no problem, our daughter has passed several times immigration checkpoints in France, Thailand, Hong kong and China with her mother or even her grandparents who neither hold the same name nor even the same nationality and no question was ever asked. A little scary if you ask me.