Friendship by e-mail with a thai lady

Pitdog

Hi,

From two years, I´m sending e-mails with a pretty thai lady.

I write her every two or three dayas, and She write me every weekend...for their birhday, I send you flowers, and She write me for my birthday...

We´re a good friendship, I think that I´ll see her in BKK this yera.

Can I have a goo friendship with this thai lady for e-mail?

Thanks...

As you would expect with ANY internet relationship, 'proceed with care'.

When I first use the internet, I had quite a few good friends who are not Thai as well.  We were just good friends and nothing more.  I didn't rip them off or steal their heart.  It depends on what sort of relationship you are talking about and how careful you are.

So, yes, you can have a good friendship with a person on the internet.  But be aware that lots of things you see on the net may not be 100% true.

Sure we can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so far, i've still been keeping in touch with cyber-pals since 8yrs++ ago when i was 1st accessing to internet in Thailand. some of them, i ever met for real and one (shh) i hopefully will be good bond of.

depends on what sort of relationship U r looking for, but at least of the good point is that it makes easy and fast to get the communication, esp for long distance. it's also quite protective commu channel, when being/feeling intruded, u just disconnect.

anyway,

if u expect trustworthy from someone

u should have that too

and if u r being mistrusted

don't feel sorry to urself

just think that..

she/he is just like a junk mail :o

u get what u give,

Girlfrombar.

She will most likely steal your heart and money - read the posts.  However, we all keep hoping...

Watch this movie - http://www.couldthisbelove.endoftheinternet.org

I may be very naive, but can't a 'respectable' Thai lady entertain a cyber-friendship (Pitdog doesn t mention anything else than 'good friendship' - though here I may be naive too on the meaning too)?

Or can she only be a gold-digger as per your insinuation? This movie is about Courtesans...

Coming back to the post, yes, I am also one of those who believe that you can definitely develop good friendship on internet.

Like Girlfrombar, I found many penfriends on chatroom/discussion boards. Most of them did not last, but some of them keep going through the years and we email each other almost daily. We have never met, not even exchanged pictures, but we have shared our innest thoughts and revealed our biggest secrets.

For love (or so) relations, well... it really depends on individual.

In my conception, Love will require chemistry to flourish, and I believe you cannot tell if you have it through the computer screen or the phone receiver...

Besides, Internet is anonymous and undirect. Many people are truly genuine. Some are considerably less, and it is actually pretty easy to lure or fool anybody.

I wouldn t say that Internet relations are more risky... but when you express yourself with anonymity, you may tend to feel more secure, gain more confidence/trust in your correspondant and you will most likely get more involved than you would do IRL.

There are many success stories on 'finding love on Internet'. But far more failed attempts, because when we have not met the person yet, we always tend to paint her/him in our own ideal. The more we know the person in Internet before meeting, the more different she/he may be from what we had thought. But as long as you keep in mind that things may well be different from your feelings, and have realistic expectations, then you can take the best on Internet relations.

However... when it applies for the 'common' situation involving the good-looking-gold-digger and the rich-one-searching-for-good-looks (all genders apply), then, sure... Internet is the way to meet and go (no afterthoughts, no false hope, no hurt feelings).