Owning A Dog In Hua Hin

curryfreak

I was quite shocked to discover on this forum that one is not allowed to walk dogs in Bangkok ! I mean you can walk them in New York !!! Prior to visiting Bangkok, I would never have known that finding a rental with a dog would be so difficult. Good job that i had not put mine on the plane.

So now i know that generally Thailand is not a very pet friendly country, shame because it is a wonderful place. But is there a dog friendly location, area, evironment where it would be acceptable to have 2 small pedigree dogs with a responsible owner. A place where it is allowed & safe to walk your dog if you are prepared to use a pooper, scooper. I am aware of the high degree of rabies & stray dog's but this is another issue entirely. I would love to live in Thailand but not without my dog's, i am not prepared to just give them away if it is not convenient to keep them. They are my responsibility & I actually love them ! so anyone got any knowledge on a good place for me to relocate to in Thailand or should I just forget the whole thing ? :o

Oh my, a proper, pooper scooper! I know the beachfront properties had stray dogs, and my landlady's two caretakers had at least nine dogs running loose on the property. My neighbor, a mere tenant, had two of his own, which he walked on a leash, on the beach. The boxer dog that bit me (with a muzzle on!) got loose onto the beach. So, as far south as Kao Takiab, if there are any leash laws, they are not enforced. However, I was so incensed at the boxer dog that while I was tending to my wounds, I recall being tempted to bash the brains of a yelping poodle against the seawall. So, do use a leash.

Stray dogs and cats wander everywhere. A well kept pet should not be a problem. Unless I am confused and mistaken. You can ask over on our Pet Forum, also. However, some high class condos do not permit pets.

• 2 months later...

It's not a problem to own dogs here. Just rent a house with some territory around it - that's all. Dogs can walk anytime from your house to the territory (of course, if you let them enter to the house - I'm not), they will be happy, believe me. I have 2 dogs (they were homeless, now the are mine :o ) and they live outside my house on the green territory, they can open the door and walk outside territory for the toilet or just for playing with other dogs. I live in Hua Hin in Thai village (here almost no farangs around) and every my neigbour have dogs.

Edited by erotichnaya