Fancy Jumping Out Of A Plane?

scratt

Fancy Jumping Out Of A Plane?

In a word:

No.

:o

Seconded.

Different people have different thresholds. I have no problem doing 150mph in a car or on a motorcycle. On the other hand, I'm completely petrified of doing things like swimming in the ocean where I can't see what is underneath, or jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with a piece of string as my only prevention from a final rendezvous with gravity.

is this a one off thing ??

ive been looking for skydiving in Pattaya but the drop zone was closed due to an "accident"

whats the story morning glory ?

10 000bt? its alil steep but ill pay it for the rush

i did it in Africa for less but my gosh , theres nothing like it

isn't everything in Pattaya expensive ??

I've never been there but i booked 3 days there in Dec , jusk for skydiving tho ,well thats if they are still jumping otherwise ill see what all the fuse is about with Pattaya :o

anyone know if theres regular jumps happening still ??

I did it many times, years ago in Australia. None of that wussy tandem stuff - solo for me all the way. The first 3 were static line jumps [the chute opens after you exit the plane, after that increasing free fall times. Nothing like it. I was taught by a ruff ex English Army Sargeant who yelled at me for 3 days, 6 hours a day. I told him he should have joined ACDC - his voice must have been indestructible!

btw I had a tangle on my second freefall, had to go to emergency. He told me it only happens once in 10,000 jumps - so I could happily jump worry free 9,998 times more!!!

I did it many times, years ago in Australia. None of that wussy tandem stuff - solo for me all the way. The first 3 were static line jumps [the chute opens after you exit the plane, after that increasing free fall times. Nothing like it. I was taught by a ruff ex English Army Sargeant who yelled at me for 3 days, 6 hours a day. I told him he should have joined ACDC - his voice must have been indestructible!

btw I had a tangle on my second freefall, had to go to emergency. He told me it only happens once in 10,000 jumps - so I could happily jump worry free 9,998 times more!!!

I hope you were suitably grateful to the trainer who shouted at you so much - at least his instructions were embedded in your mind as a result of his efforts.

That you were able to sucessfully open the Reserve on only your second Freefall is a significant tribute to both him and you. (Unless he packed your Main of course! lol)

Hmmm - I wonder if I'll get discount at Pattaya if I take my old '70's era shortlined ParaCommander!?

Probably not!

Patrick

Hi all....

The Thai Royal Air Force are doing Tandems at Pattaya Air Park this weekend.... Sat and Sun.

Chance of a lifetime!!!!

http://www.skydivethailand.com

10,000 Baht for a Tandem Skydive...

4,000 Baht for video footage of your jump...

Come and join us celebrating the Queen's Jubilee...

No thank`s I can not be able to bring my engine with me???and if it`s going to fast!!!be able to turn it off,I stay on the ground..

Hi all....

The Thai Royal Air Force are doing Tandems at Pattaya Air Park this weekend.... Sat and Sun.

Chance of a lifetime!!!!

http://www.skydivethailand.com

10,000 Baht for a Tandem Skydive...

4,000 Baht for video footage of your jump...

Come and join us celebrating the Queen's Jubilee...

No thank`s I can not be able to bring my engine with me???and if it`s going to fast!!!be able to turn it off,I stay on the ground..

:o ???

• 3 months later...

i read the title of the thread and i thought "ideal"

i've always fancied doing something like this

...but i'm in the uk at the mo'

....and giving it second thoughts i probably wouldn't be able to do it

apparently i am one of the "loudest" screamers to ever come down the pattaya park tower, of course i had been giving it all the bravado before i got to the 58th floor :o

so i doubt i'd do too well looking out of a plane