Where To Buy A Coin Operated Washer / Dryer In Chiang Mai

engineer

I have seen them, I have used them and now I want to buy one.

I am looking for a shop that sells commercial washing machines and dryers ( a rarety ) in Chiang Mai. Its the coin operated attachment that I am actually looking for.

Has anyone seen machines that operate off pre paid credit cards ? , you know the type, you put 200 baht on the card and the machine deducts from it.

I have seen these in Europe but not here.

Amorn (OHS) would have those extensions you need for a washing machine to accept coins. Amorn has two branches, one at ICON plaza and one more at Carrefour. The one at ICON plaza is much bigger and has a lot more to offer as compared to the Carrefour branch. I have seen a Samsung washing machine that already has one pre-installed with a coin accepting machine at the Carrefour Amorn branch.

As far as those "cards" that you are talking about goes, you would need to probably contact the bigger companies that do machines like these and accept it within their "approved companies" list. for eg: 7-11's Smartpurse.

Amorn also has a branch in the Hang Dong Big C (ground floor) - They have a couple of coin-op washing machines on sale there - I wondered who on earth would want one as washing machine are fairly resonable priced but in answer to the OP - problem solved.

While you're at it, Amorn is also selling a coin-operated barrel petrol pump for 18K baht. :o

I saw coin operated 8kg (I think) washing machine at the electronics store in the underground carpark of Carrefour on the superhighway over the weekend. I seem to recall it was an LG (but wont swear up to that) for Bt8,000.

I have to ask. By coin-operated, do you mean baht coins?

I once went to a coin laundromat in Ciudad Cuahtemoc, way deep inside the interior of Mexico, in western Chihuahua state. Maria, 14 years old, rented American machines that operated only with American 25 cent pieces. Not having the coins on me, I asked and Maria sold me $4.00 worth of coins at an exchange rate that really ruined her business profit. When I protested that she was cheating herself, Maria said, "Silly Gringo. Just put those worthless coins in the machine, and tonight I will take them out. The are just tokens that my six brothers in Omaha, Nebraska sent me!"