What Problem You With You Thai Girlfriend

qrtech

i heard alot of story about problem of my friends(farang) with their girl friend, some people have problem in "Money", some one think thai girlfriend very selffish,only care for themself and family, not him..does anybody having the same problem or other? mind to share with us ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problems.

In fact, I see many Thai women who are in relationships with Farangs putting up with all kinds of crap that the vast majority of western women wouldn't stand for.

In many cases it's the Thai women who gets the raw deal. :o

when you add in gender difference (usually), age difference (often), education difference (ditto) and so on, of course there is plenty of scope for problems.

But most problems arise from misunderstandings and most misunderstandings arise from ignorance.

Ignorance is treatable, but both halves of the couple need the medicine :o

others will have their suggestions, but my first step would would be to get a copy of the book "thailand fever" and get both to read it end to end (it is in thai and english) and then talk it over. and then get the rest of the family to read it too!

the above is pretty simplistic but what can i say with a question as broad as yours ... there are just so many individual variables

i heard alot of story about problem of my friends(farang) with their girl friend, some people have problem in "Money", some one think thai girlfriend very selffish,only care for themself and family, not him..does anybody having the same problem or other? mind to share with us ?

Money. Thai wifes living in UK I know agree on saying "My money is my money, your money is my money, tilak". It's a joke, you think at first but not really. If wives get jobs and make money will that money be used for household needs? Yes but not the household you think... I have noticed this way of thinking even when the Thai woman has not been working in bar. Men has to accept that, I have, finally. The trick is not to have a joint bank account. That I learned the hard way, before I did that I never knew that your bank can phone you at home! With not so good news may I add. That's my experiance, others may have different views.

Other parts of your question about that women being selfish I don't think so. If you are nice and honest to them they will be same to you. But they are individuals pretty much same way as any other nationals would be. In west about 50% of marriages end up to a divorce. There are some nasty western women out there too... Treat your wife well and, with luck, she'll be good. Goes with any marriage, Thai or not.

just give then you hab no problem :o:D

are your friends getting bargurls for gfs , then you got problems.....lol?

tell them go for middle class -hiso chicks.

Yes, 4 sure!! Middle class high-so chicks are just falling all over themselves to have a relationship with a foreigner. No problem man. Send all the extras you got my way, OK?

better to find thai lady that has a good job.and if you end up in a relationship with her you need to set the ground rules...................(both parties)and then agree to them.I have done all of the above and we both have a very happy relationship.my wife supports her daughter and family,we go halves in our living expenses,when the big bucks are needed i guess i cough up but hav n't had to yet.

For my self its is communication not so much everyday stuff like "hows the weather" etc but more on expressing ideas. That and the fact we are 6000 miles apart doesnt help too much!!

No other problems they arent all crazy money mad demanding bitches as some may have you believe.

Yes, 4 sure!! Middle class high-so chicks are just falling all over themselves to have a relationship with a foreigner. No problem man. Send all the extras you got my way, OK?

isnt this place crawling with guys who married midlle to hi class women :D:D:D:( . al l they want is to be treated kindly and a "i love you honey in the morning" :D

I have no problems.

In fact, I see many Thai women who are in relationships with Farangs putting up with all kinds of crap that the vast majority of western women wouldn't stand for.

In many cases it's the Thai women who gets the raw deal.

While I am loathe to agree with Maigo6 (about anything); unfortunately I have seen this treatment first hand by foreigner's married to thai women.

In a relationship forged between similarly educated, similar income partners NONE of the crap I see thai women endure would be tolerated, in fact it'd be litigated expediently.

She always manages to get the lowest exchange rate when changing pounds stg into baht. The rate was 65 to 1 the other day and she only got 61.

Also when she took my car for a service she came back with just a bag of magic beans ( well, tin actually). Sometimes i have to question her honesty :o

Money. Thai wifes living in UK I know agree on saying "My money is my money, your money is my money, tilak". It's a joke, you think at first but not really. If wives get jobs and make money will that money be used for household needs? Yes but not the household you think... I have noticed this way of thinking even when the Thai woman has not been working in bar. Men has to accept that, I have, finally. The trick is not to have a joint bank account. That I learned the hard way, before I did that I never knew that your bank can phone you at home! With not so good news may I add. That's my experiance, others may have different views.

I find it totally unacceptable. From day 1 my wife & myself have had a joint bank account. She works fulltime & I work fulltime, there is no such thing as 'her' money & 'my' money, we are married, we are equal. No money has ever been given to my mother-in-law (now sadly deceased), nor did she ever ask for any. No sin-sot was asked for or paid. My mother-in-law considered it to be a Thai custom & as I am a farang, it did not apply to me. As far as the rest of the family are concerned any money that has been loaned is exactly that - a loan that has to be repaid - & without exception these loans have been repaid in full. Any frivolous requests are rejected, most of the loans have been for medical emergencies or when there has been a death in the family. My wife & myself discuss everything & she looks after 'our' best interests, that is hers, mine & our 2 sons.

My wife's family can probably be described as middle class - asset rich but sometimes cash poor. They all work,they are all honest, some are better off than others, but none of them expect a handout & never have.

I have been living with my wife for nearly 22 years (married for 18 years) & the reason it has lasted is because of the mutual respect & mutual trust. No lies,no bullsh*t, & certainly no phone calls from the bank.

I hope you manage to make 22 years, but I suspect that by that time the "My money is my money, your money is my money, tilak" sh*t will be wearing pretty thin.

If you want my advice (which you probably don't) - nip this in the bud now, hopefully it hasn't passed the point of no return.

Edited by LooseCannon

isnt this place crawling with guys who married midlle to hi class women :D:D:D:( . al l they want is to be treated kindly and a "i love you honey in the morning" :D

Do you hang around this site all day just waiting for a chance to vent your repetitve nauseating views on thai women and farangs? You really are like a broken record,give it a rest.

They must be the things that dreams are made of. Not selfish brats only thinking of themselves, thrifty, and most important they love you for yourself.

I have no problems with my ex-GF. I accept the facts that she is a liar, only wants money, only thinks of herself, and thinks she's a princess. This way, my expectations ar minimal, and I'm rarely surprised. Plus, she's gone.

I have been with my wife for 2 years now (married for 1 year) and can honestly say(without meaning to sound all wishy washy) that she is not only my wife but my closest friend. She is an awesome mother to our baby and an awesome wife to boot! She is very frugal when it comes to money, caring and loving. Now I have had some shitty relationships in the past living in the states and I must admit that i was not always a good judge of character (and no saint either), so I am glad that I am finally able to share my life with someone who is emotionally stable and appreciative. So what problems do I have with my Thai girlfriend (wife)? None! Or at least none that are worth mentioning. :o

Edited by mizzi39

isnt this place crawling with guys who married midlle to hi class women :D:D . al l they want is to be treated kindly and a "i love you honey in the morning" :burp:

Do you hang around this site all day just waiting for a chance to vent your repetitve nauseating views on thai women and farangs? You really are like a broken record,give it a rest.

repititive threads call for repititive answers :D:(:D .. and what maigos views are original, he says same same all the time also

i hold thai women in high regard sir, its their bf i worry about :P . the ones here for food, and culture, yyou know the one every thai womandreams about hooking up with.

Edited by cynthialee

isnt this place crawling with guys who married midlle to hi class women :D:D . al l they want is to be treated kindly and a "i love you honey in the morning" :P

repititive threads call for repititive answers :D:(:D .. and what maigos views are original, he says same same all the time also

Hi cythialee, I never won a spelling B, but I sure know how to use spell check. I can teach you? its easy! honest! :burp:

Edited by mizzi39

I find it totally unacceptable. From day 1 my wife & myself have had a joint bank account. She works fulltime & I work fulltime, there is no such thing as 'her' money & 'my' money, we are married, we are equal. No money has ever been given to my mother-in-law (now sadly deceased), nor did she ever ask for any. No sin-sot was asked for or paid. My mother-in-law considered it to be a Thai custom & as I am a farang, it did not apply to me. As far as the rest of the family are concerned any money that has been loaned is exactly that - a loan that has to be repaid - & without exception these loans have been repaid in full. Any frivolous requests are rejected, most of the loans have been for medical emergencies or when there has been a death in the family. My wife & myself discuss everything & she looks after 'our' best interests, that is hers, mine & our 2 sons.

My wife's family can probably be described as middle class - asset rich but sometimes cash poor. They all work,they are all honest, some are better off than others, but none of them expect a handout & never have.

I have been living with my wife for nearly 22 years (married for 18 years) & the reason it has lasted is because of the mutual respect & mutual trust. No lies,no bullsh*t, & certainly no phone calls from the bank.

I hope you manage to make 22 years, but I suspect that by that time the "My money is my money, your money is my money, tilak" sh*t will be wearing pretty thin.

If you want my advice (which you probably don't) - nip this in the bud now, hopefully it hasn't passed the point of no return.

Good to hear that a joint bank account works for some. In fact I do know some people that do have that. But it don't work in our family, no chance. In fact due to some gambling related problems I handle all the money matters in our family and give her money as and when she needs it. That works for us, sorry to hear that you don't accept it.

I have known my wife for 15 years, we have been married for 12, all our property in Thailand (house, land etc.) are in her name and we have two kids so I can't "nip this in the bud" anymore but thanks for the suggestion, any advice is welcome.

Bully for you.

What problems ?

She can't kiss properly. She just stick a rigid tongue in my mouth and leaves it there. what can I do? nothing.

It freaked me out and now I avoid it.

I have only met one Thai girl here who was a good kisser. She is 18. Most of the others really not interested in learning much of anything.

Only complaint I have is that her massages she gives me are just too soft, feels like nothing is happening.

Once I came home from work I thought I would be a smart ass and say "where the fuc_k is my dinner" she got really shitty and looked like she wanted to punch on. She doesnt take jokes that are directed at her very well

Only complaint I have is that her massages she gives me are just too soft, feels like nothing is happening.

Once I came home from work I thought I would be a smart ass and say "where the fuc_k is my dinner" she got really shitty and looked like she wanted to punch on. She doesnt take jokes that are directed at her very well

Did you spinkick her Donk :o

I have only met one Thai girl here who was a good kisser. She is 18. Most of the others really not interested in learning much of anything.

They're probably fine with guys they actually like. :o

Edited by Maigo6