What Is The Professional Status Of Your Thai Partner?

ade100

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My wife is a IT manager in one of the biggest IT companies in the world in Sydney

my wife is the CEO of Exxon, possesses half a dozen PhDs and treats me quite badly because i'm rather uneducated :o

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope you've given her the old "University of Life" speach.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I met my wife she had a little cosmetic shop in Bangkok and also made custom crafts. She still makes beautiful crafts and pictures. Now she is the head secretary in our tour company and although her english is soft, she can multi taks like no other. No professional degrees, but she had several jobs including her little food stands around bangkok. She never worked in the sex trade, but she use to selll cosmetics to the bar girls sometimes and felt sorry for them, although she said some of them really loved their work, whilst others couldn't wait to fall in love and have a farang whisk them away.

Edited by dude123

off topic posts and rude remarks have been deleted.

Im going to ask only once, keep this STRICTLY on topic, and be civil. otherwise I will be forced to suspend the posting rights of those that disregard this request.

cheers.

MiG

(moderating hat on)

Not being particularly enchanted by, endeared to, or enamored with females in the glorious "Land 'O Thais", or of the Asian persuasion in general, I have no (in)significant other to sing the praises of to the masses about how much she is a "good girl".

One would be lead to believe from the all too numerous postings on this forum; that foreigners here are married to and/or involved with only "good" girls. In retrospect if I had a baht every time a foreigner prefaced an introduction with the phrase, "She's a 'good' girl..", while beaming moronically at their gold encrusted, often tattooed and pierced, (in)significant other, henceforth referred to as their 'thai-in-tow'; without a doubt I'd have a sizeable sum now.

My observations both in and out of Bangkok of foreigners and their 'thai-in-tow', have shown me at least, that the number of foreigners marrying hi-so, medium-so thai girls is clearly in the minority and the "good girl" theory just doesn't bear up under close scrutiny. I have observed too many foreigners throughout the glorious "Land 'O Thais", who seem to pick the poorest, least educated, most splayed toed girls (with a skin tone I will not mention here). They are the proverbial 'farmer's daughters', (of which; in this country, there is no shortage).

While beauty is most certainly in the eye of the beholder; a person speaking even "two-word tourist thai" would quickly find out what the thais think about the mystifying foreign predilection and/or attraction to females that thais almost universally find unattractive or downright ugly.

So much for cutting edge demographic research.

Sigh…. The mind truly wobbles..

**PLEASE NOTE: this is a very tempered post as I am trying to adhere to the forum rules**

My wife is a IT manager in one of the biggest IT companies in the world in Sydney

Yet you claim your Father in Law sends you money :o

And your point?

Point being that if your wife were indeed the IT Manager of such a company, there would be no need for Father in Law to send money.

Can you see my point now ? :D

Not being particularly enchanted by, endeared to, or enamored with females in the glorious "Land 'O Thais", or of the Asian persuasion in general, I have no (in)significant other to sing the praises of to the masses about how much she is a "good girl".

One would be lead to believe from the all too numerous postings on this forum; that foreigners here are married to and/or involved with only "good" girls. In retrospect if I had a baht every time a foreigner prefaced an introduction with the phrase, "She's a 'good' girl..", while beaming moronically at their gold encrusted, often tattooed and pierced, (in)significant other, henceforth referred to as their 'thai-in-tow'; without a doubt I'd have a sizeable sum now.

My observations both in and out of Bangkok of foreigners and their 'thai-in-tow', have shown me at least, that the number of foreigners marrying hi-so, medium-so thai girls is clearly in the minority and the "good girl" theory just doesn't bear up under close scrutiny. I have observed too many foreigners throughout the glorious "Land 'O Thais", who seem to pick the poorest, least educated, most splayed toed girls (with a skin tone I will not mention here). They are the proverbial 'farmer's daughters', (of which; in this country, there is no shortage).

While beauty is most certainly in the eye of the beholder; a person speaking even "two-word tourist thai" would quickly find out what the thais think about the mystifying foreign predilection and/or attraction to females that thais almost universally find unattractive or downright ugly.

**PLEASE NOTE: this is a very tempered post as I am trying to adhere to the forum rules**

Ain't that the truth. :o

The reason I ask this question is that I am planning to bring my Thai partner to Singapore where, I am sorry to say, there is a rather negative impression of Thai folk.
My wife loved Singapore and we had a great time there. The Singaporeans we met and worked with were nothing but courteous and well mannered. My wife often comments how easy and comfortable life was in Singapore and how she would like to go back there some time if the option comes up.

Funny you should mention Singapore... I have just returned from spending the weekend in Singapore with my Thai wife, and she was treated with nothing but respect and courtesy.

It's not the first time we've been there... and it won't be the last.

She enjoys shopping in Singapore, and her command and use of English is sufficient to get exactly what she wants... normally at the price she wants too.

And your point? Are you generalizing that most foreigners in Thailand only go after the "poor uneducated, most splayed toed girls with a skin tone you will not mention"? Thanks for your enchanting, endearing, and enamoring post. You certainly opened my eyes. You truly articulate well, but it is to bad that your trite generalizations and arrogance gives you away! :o

The reason I ask this question is that I am planning to bring my Thai partner to Singapore where, I am sorry to say, there is a rather negative impression of Thai folk.
My wife loved Singapore and we had a great time there. The Singaporeans we met and worked with were nothing but courteous and well mannered. My wife often comments how easy and comfortable life was in Singapore and how she would like to go back there some time if the option comes up.

Funny you should mention Singapore... I have just returned from spending the weekend in Singapore with my Thai wife, and she was treated with nothing but respect and courtesy.

It's not the first time we've been there... and it won't be the last.

She enjoys shopping in Singapore, and her command and use of English is sufficient to get exactly what she wants... normally at the price she wants too.

I have taken my missus to Singapore 3 times, never any problem, discrimination etc.

Last time we went I also took the younger sister, 19 years old, same experience.

I just think it's down to how people present themselves, same as anywhere in the world.

First impressions last. :o

Yet you claim your Father in Law sends you money :o

And your point?

Point being that if your wife were indeed the IT Manager of such a company, there would be no need for Father in Law to send money.

Can you see my point now ? :D

I still dont get your point. She has not been working there that long and we are both throwing in our job and risking it all in the LOS as we have saved up a bit of cash in only a few years. We have a killer of a plan too

I still dont get your point. She has not been working there that long and we are both throwing in our job and risking it all in the LOS as we have saved up a bit of cash in only a few years. We have a killer of a plan too

Good luck with your venture. :o

no axe to grind here either. but my writing skills are not so refined as toddaniels so all i get is warnings and suspensions and called a troll....go figgur.

i see the same thing mr daniel sees!

OP....

You don't say how long your GF shall be in Singapore - If she is planning to move over to live with you then make sure you apply for her to have a Dependent's Pass.

To get a DP you'll need to apply at the Ministry of Manpower - Her dependent's pass is linked to your Employment Pass/Citizenship/Permanent Residence. From Memory: You'll need a copy of your own EP/Citizenship ID/PR ID. A copy of your contract of employment and proof of earnings + a letter from your employer (or a third party - who is either a Citizen/PR or registered business) stating that they will pay the Guarntee for your GF if she breaks the law or leaves without paying taxes.

From memory this whole process takes about two days and in theory allows your GF to remain in Singapore for up to 12 months.

The advantage is she need not do visa runs, can apply for a conversion to EP and can use her DP as ID for opening accounts etc.

-----

Anyway I was just curious to see if the Thai Visa demographics support or contradict the Singaporean view of the Thais.

The views of Thaivisa members are not much help when the Singaporeans themselves need only look at what comes through Immigration.

My wife sold books when we first met

You wrote a book and married someone who sells them... hmmm.. was that by chance or part of the masterplan Garro? :D

It is also my dream to own a bookshop one day so her experience might prove useful :o

i pray to god that she is just an ex-sex worker and a sex worker can we please seperate those categories? i cant imagine what the guys being married to current sex workers are thinking!

joking ----

if you live in thailand she should already be used to people thinking she is a whore

Edited by lifeisrandom

i pray to god that she is just an ex-sex worker and a sex worker can we please seperate those categories? i cant imagine what the guys being married to current sex workers are thinking!

joking ----

if you live in thailand she should already be used to people thinking she is a whore

Who wants to make a bet that this guy doesnt make it to 100 posts? :o

joking ----

Who wants to make a bet that this guy doesnt make it to 100 posts? :D

I'm with The Don on this one. :o

no axe to grind here either. but my writing skills are not so refined as toddaniels so all i get is warnings and suspensions and called a troll....go figgur.

i see the same thing mr daniel sees!

I do not believe for a minute that the mods would give you warnings and suspensions because of your writing deficit. I am sure that you are being confronted due to your trollish behavior. I do not agree with mrdaniels opinion, but at least he tries to bring something to the discussion.