Community Shield Man U V Portsmouth

Sparkles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody True / UBC do it again !?

After advertising live coverage of the Community Shield footie today between Man. Utd. and Porstmouth today, I can't find it anywhere ?

Already a tad confusing with them moving around the channels ( again ) thus now with some channels not matching their own t.v. magazine listings guide etc.

Though they do have advertised ( via their True Visions mag. ) that the match is / was to be shown live today via their "True Sports" channel.

But guess what - it's not - and I can't seem to find it anywhere else on True / UBC ?

Again, it's just another example whereas True / UBC don't give a s*** about the farangs ( and some Thai ) who have subscribed to their service and are not getting what was / is promised.

I wish they ( True ) would just come out and be bloody honest about it all - that they don't give a s** about us and any genuine issue's we may have with their company or their service.

I'd consider another viewing option, though it's not like there's a wealth of viable options available here at the moment, I wish there was, that might give True the kick up the arse they need and fully deserve.

As it's now too late for me to view the full match via a local bar ( cable maybe ? ), I'm left fumbling around trying to get decent live radio commentary from the UK, though not ideal and not what I planned and expected for tonight.

And before any body replies to this post with any smug / bitchy / random comments such as " You Live In Thailand, Accept it " or " Football is Boring Anyway"

<deleted> to you and any such comment !!!

Wherever you are in the World, if you pay for a service that is both promised and advertised, you should receive it ....... End Of !!!

I just half caught a promo on True Vision re this weekends Portsmouth v Man U Community Shield game and in the bottom of the screen I thought I saw "not shown in Thailand"

Can anyone confirm this ? A call to True Vision met with the usual run around with no confirmation either way.

I phoned ubc tonight when it didnt show at 9pm,, the lady said it will be shown at 10 pm,,, when i questioned her about the magazine advertising "live" at 9pm,,, she said beause it was an overseas transmission,, nothing she could do as the magazines were printed 2 months in advance... i later called again at 10 pm she said she'd had a call 5 minute prior from her boss to say ubc didnt have the licence to show the game..,,,i'm off down the sat shop tommorow to get an overseas system installed,,, ubc are crap

It's on here in Saudi. But i ain't watching that pile of cr4p :o

And that from a Man Shitty fan.......................I'll tell you somat boys, all this whinging, it's far worse when you have a pub, and have put a big board outside " FOOTBALL TONIGHT"

Ok, from what i can gather Lads & Lasses, we may have a problem with our Football this year. Last year SKY had the right to all of the Premiership Games, some SHARED with Setanta. This year Setanta own outright some Games such as the late Saturday KO's, Monday night Games which are back AND, more worringly, the Charity Shield !!!!!!!!!

This could be the problem, Games that are owned by Setanta outright such as what i said above, we may have problems seeing especially after it has emerged they had the Charity Shield owned outright & we didn't get it here in Thailand...

I'd loved to be told i'm talking nonsense so anyone, feel free to point out that i am & prove me wrong, i'd be over the moon if you could..:o

Have sent an email complaint to TRUE re the non showing of the Community Shield asking why they did not put up some notice on the screen for Star when the match should have been shown.

I would urge others to do the same, the email address on the TRUE web site.

Also asked TRUE if they are showing the Premiership .

(many of us only subscribe because of the English football).

It's on here in Saudi. But i ain't watching that pile of cr4p :o

Haha, you enjoy the sandstorms and lack of beer, we'll all get p1ssed and forget about the lack of football whilst nubile young ladys caress our, um, thighs and bring us more beer.

Cheers :D

Don't worry buddy, beer is plentiful where i reside. Nubile young lady's on the other hand :D:D

As mentioned in a previous post I complained by email to TRUE and part of their reply is as follows:

"we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would very much like to clarify to you that one operator here in Thailand where is unknown to us however, has secured the license for this game. This operator has also blocked the transmission from Star Sport to TrueVisions. Therefore, we were not able to telecast it last night.

Since this game has been broadcasted live, we were not able to change or customize it. We just have to beg you to understand our situation.

We truly apologize once again but assure that it was never our intention.

However, we will be showing EPL as the schedule we have enclosed to this email."

At least they have apologised and claim the EPL coverage is safe.

I have looked at the schedule and appears all games "live" as before.

Hope this is good news!

Ok, from what i can gather Lads & Lasses, we may have a problem with our Football this year. Last year SKY had the right to all of the Premiership Games, some SHARED with Setanta. This year Setanta own outright some Games such as the late Saturday KO's, Monday night Games which are back AND, more worringly, the Charity Shield !!!!!!!!!

This could be the problem, Games that are owned by Setanta outright such as what i said above, we may have problems seeing especially after it has emerged they had the Charity Shield owned outright & we didn't get it here in Thailand...

I'd loved to be told i'm talking nonsense so anyone, feel free to point out that i am & prove me wrong, i'd be over the moon if you could..:o

I think you are talking nonsense since you asked. Here's how television rights work for this. True bought the rights to the Premiership in Thailand for 3 seasons starting last season. This did not of course include cup competitions and the Community Shield. It's got nothing and absolutely zero to do with Setanta owning viewing rights to the Premiership in the UK. Setanta doesn't broadcast in Thailand at the moment, except perhaps on the internet. Anyway, that's a moot point as rights for each country are bid on individually and it doesn't matter on what channel games are broadcast in other countries.

As for this match, did anyone check the Thai channels? Obviously Star Sports had rights to this game in most SE Asian countries but forgot about securing it for Thailand or were outbid or something. I would guess it was on a Thai channel and if not, where the hel_l was it? I'm sure you'll be able to see all your Premiership games this season.

I'd loved to be told i'm talking nonsense so anyone, feel free to point out that i am & prove me wrong, i'd be over the moon if you could.. :o

I think you are talking nonsense since you asked. Here's how television rights work for this. True bought the rights to the Premiership in Thailand for 3 seasons starting last season. This did not of course include cup competitions and the Community Shield. It's got nothing and absolutely zero to do with Setanta owning viewing rights to the Premiership in the UK. Setanta doesn't broadcast in Thailand at the moment, except perhaps on the internet. Anyway, that's a moot point as rights for each country are bid on individually and it doesn't matter on what channel games are broadcast in other countries.

As for this match, did anyone check the Thai channels? Obviously Star Sports had rights to this game in most SE Asian countries but forgot about securing it for Thailand or were outbid or something. I would guess it was on a Thai channel and if not, where the hel_l was it? I'm sure you'll be able to see all your Premiership games this season.

Great news...:D

& by the way, it wasn't on any Thai Channels..

Threatening to cancel your True subscription over them not showing the Community Shield is a little over the top is it not?

From next week on their Premiership coverage will be as comprehensive as anyone could wish for.

That's all i personally care about if i'm honest & the main reason why i have the Platinum Package with them..:o

Strange that the ESPNSTAR website was showing the game in it's schedules for Thailand even as the game was in progress.

Was this a very late decision not to show the match, or are ESPNSTAR just as incompetent as UBC/True?

I do believe that the Premier League matches will appear as normal, but I'm unsure about the ESPN coverage (FA Cup, Football Focus etc.).

The ESPNSTAR website is showing Football Focus in it's schedule for Thailand tonight at 19.00 and it's also shown in the True online schedule, so maybe things will get a little clearer then.

Strange that the ESPNSTAR website was showing the game in it's schedules for Thailand even as the game was in progress.

Was this a very late decision not to show the match, or are ESPNSTAR just as incompetent as UBC/True?

I do believe that the Premier League matches will appear as normal, but I'm unsure about the ESPN coverage (FA Cup, Football Focus etc.).

The ESPNSTAR website is showing Football Focus in it's schedule for Thailand tonight at 19.00 and it's also shown in the True online schedule, so maybe things will get a little clearer then.

When I started this thread, re the non coverage of the Community Shield my main fear was this was the thin edge of the wedge and other programmmes of interest to football fans in Thailand. Thankfully "Football Focus" went to air last night however I have just seen a promo for Football Forecast carrying a line "Not shown in Thailand" Not a major worry but further evidence that TRUE"S coverage of football for foreigners is being eroded.

I think it would be appropriate ,with members who have far more knowledge than I ,to start a thread giving information about alternatives to TRUE in relation to sports coverage.Any takers ?

Both the ESPNSTAR website TV listings for Thailand, and the TrueVisions online schedule have Football Forecast and First Edition listed for Friday evening.

Yeah, but they did that with the Charity Sheild as well.

Turdvisions IMO a crap when it goes to professional coverage, the only thig they do right is actually show plenty of games. The rest of it is crap, and we'll have to put up with The Crash Test Dummies again doing there analysis and build up. :o

Both the ESPNSTAR website TV listings for Thailand, and the TrueVisions online schedule have Football Forecast and First Edition listed for Friday evening.

The promo for Football Forecast carries the line "not available in Thailand" we shal see tonight.

If its not on what will be their excuse this time

The promo for Football Forecast carries the line "not available in Thailand" we shal see tonight.

If its not on what will be their excuse this time

Well despite running promos all week saying Football Forecast wont be available in Thailand it did go to air !

Just shows what a complete mess True are in they dont even know what they are showing. A rough survey of sports shows this week showed that only about 20% were as per programme.

In fairness to True, if the trailer was shown on ESPN then it was probably ESPN that made it, so it is they who do not know to which countries they are broadcasting.

Another trailer that I saw last night was for England's match with The Czech Republic to be shown early on Thursday morning. That too had a line saying not available in Thailand.

A check of the ESPNSTAR schedule for Thailand, the TrueVisions online schedule, and the Thai TV schedules indicate that the match will not be shown here.

Edited by delboy

In fairness to True, if the trailer was shown on ESPN then it was probably ESPN that made it, so it is they who do not know to which countries they are broadcasting.

Another trailer that I saw last night was for England's match with The Czech Republic to be shown early on Thursday morning. That too had a line saying not available in Thailand.

A check of the ESPNSTAR schedule for Thailand, the TrueVisions online schedule, and the Thai TV schedules indicate that the match will not be shown here.

I hear what you are saying but they have the ability to run a streamer here in Thailand telling viewers what is to be aired. Its very sloppy and I am not nit picking I just would like to know what I can and cant see. Not too much to ask for my 1600 baht amth fee !