Olympic Games Love 'm Or Hate 'm.

just a w-nk fest! 3weeks of nationalistic pride.Many atheletes drug cheats.Host nations spending billions of dollars(sometimes they do not have,china excluded)displacing poor people from their homes to make way for new stadiums and villages.................all for what?Thank heavens the "premier league starts up again soon.

Do you weigh 33 stone? :o

I'm digging on the opening ceremony right now. Regardless of the events, I dig all the different outfits and flags. I used to really get into the events, both Winter and Summer when I was younger, but don't follow them much anymore. Opening ceremony is probably the only time most people on the planet get to see so many people from so many countries at one time, so I like it, for what it's worth. How often do you get to see the flags of Vanuatu, Turkhmenistan, etc.? I guess once every 4 years is enough, though.

I missed the National flag of Tibet. :o

The Ukraine has some seriously hot women on their crew.

The woman carrying the Syrian flag was jaw-dropping beautiful. I need to find out what event she's in.

Yeah, there was a vision from Jordan, too, among others.

You're right, I meant Jordan.

I'm digging on the opening ceremony right now. Regardless of the events, I dig all the different outfits and flags. I used to really get into the events, both Winter and Summer when I was younger, but don't follow them much anymore. Opening ceremony is probably the only time most people on the planet get to see so many people from so many countries at one time, so I like it, for what it's worth. How often do you get to see the flags of Vanuatu, Turkhmenistan, etc.? I guess once every 4 years is enough, though.

Couldn't have put it better myself!! 204 countries - it's about the only time we all get to have a look at each other and when the crowd gave a big cheer for the Iraq team it sent shivers down my spine. I am a totaly naive dreamer - of this I realise - but I do think that the Olynpics is a great chance for everyone to get together and for once its not about all the normal crap they are arguing over (I did warn I am naive!!).

In Athens I rememeber actually having tears in my eyes when the North Korea and South Korea teams came in together hand in hand - to make a point - the point of which is actually leave all the rubbish to the politicians cos the athletes out on the field are normal every day people and they don't care about the political divisions! Sadly this year they came in seperately as their IOC leaders coulnd't agree on selections amongst other things!!

As a woman I also do get a wee thrill when I see female athletes from the likes of Iran - just a small thing I know but makes me smile!

Ok mush over - :o

Love the fact that Nadal can't stay in the olympic village cos the other athletes are too srat struck - like I said normal folks!!

I do agree the Jordanian woman was gorgeous - for men I have to say the Moroccon team were pretty fine. My sister and I regulalry sit and check out the eye candy for each country - helps to plan our next holiday (joking!). I even got a wee bit excited by the Thai team - found myself beaming at the TV!

Edited by caledonia