Converting Conduct Water To Drinking Water

coalminer

We are using the same thing I assume "amway" anyway uv + filter, it has given us more than enough and then some drinking water, beeps when it needs a new filter yearly, haven't had any problems and the water is as good or even better than the delivered 5 gallon jugs we used to get. At least I can monitor whether or not the water is being filtered (or if I am for a few baht!)

Water quality in the large jugs of bottled water is no better than the conscience of the bottler. Many of them are tap water or river water .. some having passed through sediment filters .. some au naturale.

In a small place, having the 5 gallon jugs around can be a nusiance .. and lifting them gets a bit more difficult with every passing year.

• 2 weeks later...
This all about filter is interesting, but like to know where can I let do a analysis of my water. Preferably in or near Udon Thani. I used water from a drilled well an before I buy a filter, I like to know "what" the filter have to remove. I asked already in some shops, selling this filters. But the answers are from "don't know" to "this filter removed all "..... or offer of a testkit for swimming pool (what check pH and clorine).

If anybody know, thank you in advance for the information.

As I said, tomorrow the whole filter system will be installed at my home free of charge.

As soon as it is installed, I will take a sample of the filtered and unfiltered water and bring it to a lab at the hospital for analyze.

If anyone is interested, I will publish the results here.

Any results from the test yet?

• 8 months later...
Went today to "The Mall" (Home Pro) and purchased a Reverse Osmosis set.

Pretty much the same set as on the picture from ZZZ.

This system has 5 filters and an electric pump.

Column 1: Sediment filter (5 micron)

Column 2: Carbon filter (remove taste, odour, color, organic chemistry and chlorine)

Column 3: Ion exchange resin (treatong water hardness)

Column 4: RO membrane (0,0001 micron)

Column 5: post carbon filter

Flow rate: 190 liters per day

The whole set will be installed free of charge on Wednesday.

1 set of filters mounted on the system, and 1 additional set of filters free.

Price: 8,500 Baht.

Picture:

post-10254-1218381000_thumb.jpg

Personally I would avoid the RO units for these reasons