Aranyaprathet Immigration Office

I did my initial and 3 subsequent non-imm (retirement) visa extensions at Suan Phlu. After a harrowing 7 hour wait yesterday topped off by extremely rude and degrading treatment (which did not yield the extension, altho that part is not their fault -- I applied before my 800K had been in a full 3 mos) , I am thinking of switching to the Aran office which is, in fact, a bit closer to me and where I can drive right up and park.

What I'd like to confirm is:

(1) can they do non-imm retirement visa extensions? and

(2) if so, can they issue the extension right there or do they have to obtain approval from BKK thus cuasing long wait? and

(3) Do I need to do something to transfer my file from Bkk to Aran if I am going to go there? The last few times I've gone to Bklk no-one has consulted past records or called up my file in any case....

Appreciate advise, and any first hand experiences with that office (they can't be nastier than the folks at Suan Phlu....!)

I used Aran immg. for three years prior to moving to Chanthaburi and found them to be great, yes they can do your extensions in one day I and the wife never waited over 45min. from start to finesh even being offered coffee or ice water while we waited. As you stated it is nice to drive up and park with no problem. We use the 65K extension method but I am sure if you live in the area you will have no problems. I had used bkk prior to Aran and with the power of the computer they just looked up prior extensions, once again no problem. Good Luck

I used Aran immg. for three years prior to moving to Chanthaburi and found them to be great, yes they can do your extensions in one day I and the wife never waited over 45min. from start to finesh even being offered coffee or ice water while we waited. As you stated it is nice to drive up and park with no problem. We use the 65K extension method but I am sure if you live in the area you will have no problems. I had used bkk prior to Aran and with the power of the computer they just looked up prior extensions, once again no problem. Good Luck

THANKS!

Am I right in understanding that you diod not do anything to "transfer"your file from Bkk to Aran? I have heard that this might be required, although for sure at the last 2 visa extensions no one looked in or even went to get my file. They just examined the passport, which of course shows all the prior extensions....

THANKS!

Am I right in understanding that you diod not do anything to "transfer"your file from Bkk to Aran? I have heard that this might be required, although for sure at the last 2 visa extensions no one looked in or even went to get my file. They just examined the passport, which of course shows all the prior extensions....

Your right, I did nothing but sit there and joke with the gal doing the paper work. they took care of everything. Like I said they are a great bunch of folks.

Sheryl, I don't know anything about Aran, but I did my original retirement extension in BKK, and subsequently renewed there - both times using an agent who smoothed the path and it was all done in no time flat with smiles all round.

Then I moved to Pattaya, and have had 3 extensions down here - with no agent, and no problems. My understanding is that all provincial immigration offices have the authority to issue retirement visa extensions, but not married visa extensions which have to be signed off in Bangkok.

I never spend more than 30 minutes at Pattaya immigration from start to finish whne I go for my extension, and they never referred to any file held in Bangkok when I first applied there. I thi nk that generally speaking, each year is a new case, with the proviso that it is only the initial application that requires the 800k to be in the bank for 3 months.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Went to Aran office. Only problem was that they wanted to see my "tabien baan"or other proof of residency which I had not brought with me. Oddly, all 4 prior extensions (in Suan Phlu) I brought with me all the house documents (land lease, title, registration etc) and they never wanted it. I guess when going to a provincial office they want proof that you live in their jurisdiction? Anyhow the lady kindly agreed to give me the visa on condition I EMS them copies afterwrads, since she knew I lived a good 2 hour drive away.

For sure will go there instead of BKK from now on....

Update:

Went to Aran office. Only problem was that they wanted to see my "tabien baan"or other proof of residency which I had not brought with me. Oddly, all 4 prior extensions (in Suan Phlu) I brought with me all the house documents (land lease, title, registration etc) and they never wanted it. I guess when going to a provincial office they want proof that you live in their jurisdiction? Anyhow the lady kindly agreed to give me the visa on condition I EMS them copies afterwrads, since she knew I lived a good 2 hour drive away.

Good news.

I also found the local offices very accommodating.

In Kap Cheong they also required some sort of verification that I lived in the area, this was done by producing a copy of the tabien baan of my partner with copy of ID card (both signed), that was all.

The rest is real relaxed.

Under the latest rules you should apply to the Imm office in the area where you live.

So Aranyaprathet would appear to be the best for you.

Go a few days early in case they have any unexpected requests for documentation.

Update:

Glad everything worked out for you...............Only downside is more folks will use Aran office.